SASS Wire Forum

Predictions for Comin' At Cha

Jack Houston # 35508

Since MJ hasn't come up with his predictions here goes.....

49er....Naildriver

Buckaroo..Rattlesnake

B-Western...Slick McClade

Chipmunk..Buckerette

Classic Cowboy..T-Bone Dooley

Cowgirl..Bella Spencer

Cowboy..Texas Rick O'Shay

Cowgirl..Ivory

Duelist..Nuttin' Graceful

Frontier Cart....Spur Roberts

FCD...Billy Boots

Frontiersman..Brisco Kid

Gunfighter...Possum Skinner

Lady B-Western..Sierra Star

Lady FC..Honey B. Graceful

Lady GF..Buffy Lo Gal

Lady Senior..Kow Katcher

Lady Wrangler..Dew R Dye

Outlaw..????

Senior..Non-Stop

Senior Duelist..Tumbleweed Dan

SGF..Eli Hawk

Silver Senior..Gunslinger

Wrangler..Arizona Redneck

Your Mileage may vary..or some one may drop a gin...Who Knows, just something to get a thread started......Flame away!! B)

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks pretty good. I'd expect to see Louisiana Lady in the mix as well as Matt Masterson if he's on. I want to wish a good shoot to all but especially the Cowboys shooting Frontiersman. As for Brisco Kid I shot with the same poss for Hell Fire. Also since then I bought a pair of ROA from Brisco and at the match last saturday did not have a single cylinder chamber mis-fire with guns right out the box (except I put Treso nipples on em>) Working of them each day this week n will shoot every other day with dry fire the remaining days. Mind I ain't sayying I'm going to win, but I will shot better. Good luck again. It's going to be a hoot.

I'd argue on a couple:

49er: Doc Hurd

Buckaroo Missouri Lefty or Rattlesnake Wrangler and I'd lean toward Rattlesnake because he has a bit more experience.

Cowboy:Prestidigitator

Frontiersman: Split Rail(World Champion)

Buckarette. Sweet Sister Kit(World Champion)

Lady Duelist-Iron Maiden

Lady Wrangler: Missouri Mae is pretty tough.

Frontier Cartridge Gunfighter: Phiren Smoke

Overall men: Don't be surprised if a Buckaroo takes this.

I'd argue on a couple:

Buckaroo Missouri Lefty or Rattlesnake Wrangler and I'd lean toward Rattlesnake because he has a bit more experience.

Lady Duelist-Iron Maiden

Noz you may be right about this but Missiuri Lefty sure is one smokin fast Buckaroo! He's a great kid too!

Jack may need to look at who is signed up for which category before he makes some predictions because I know that Vaquero Jake is now in young guns and Lily Blue is in Buckarette.

As for a Buckaroo taking the whole thing, well you never know anything can happen! It would be really cool to see either one of those two do it!

Colt

I'm bringin' FIRE. BRIMSTONE is comin' to watch the whuppin'. :angry: I just want one more match this year when all four guns are runnin'.

I'd argue on a couple:

Lady Duelist-Iron Maiden

Thanks a bunch Noz I could sure use the encouragement after this reading this post... Especially because Vaquero Jake doesnt even shoot in buckaroo any more...

Let's see here :rolleyes:

1st. line of winners name... 6th.letter... R

1st. line of winners name... 2nd.letter...A

1st. line of winners name... 1st.letter... N

3rd. line of winners name... 4th.letter... C

1st. line of winners name... 9th.letter... E

Yep.. I knew it.. predicting me a winner agin' :lol:

Rance <_<

Thinkin' sometimes ya gotta read between the lines (or Letters :blink: )

justa joshin' folks.. but I'll be a winner fer enjoyin' the shoot anyhow.. :)

King, you get yer shotgun figured out yet?

Hell, Grizz, the S/G has been flawless for a couple of matches. Whether I've figured it out or not could be argued, however.

This weekend at the TX State Wild Bunch Championship, my friggin' '73 gave up an ejector or the head space changed. Regardless, it refused to extract the last two AGAIN. It's been a PITA since EOT.

No worries, Goatneck Clem has it and I'm counting on him to get it back to health by CAC.

If I get all 4 guns to run WATCH OUT! 'Cuz I'm Comin at Cha! YEEEEEE HAAAAAAAW!

Hell, Grizz, the S/G has been flawless for a couple of matches. Whether I've figured it out or not could be argued, however.

This weekend at the TX State Wild Bunch Championship, my friggin' '73 gave up an ejector or the head space changed. Regardless, it refused to extract the last two AGAIN. It's been a PITA since EOT.

No worries, Goatneck Clem has it and I'm counting on him to get it back to health by CAC.

If I get all 4 guns to run WATCH OUT! 'Cuz I'm Comin at Cha! YEEEEEE HAAAAAAAW!

Gonna be good to see you there Brother!

Griz,

Thanks for the Vote! I will do myy best.

Brother King,

Hope everything works good.

See you guys soon!!!! :)

Painted Filly

Thanks a bunch Noz I could sure use the encouragement after this reading this post... Especially because Vaquero Jake doesnt even shoot in buckaroo any more...

Rattle snack - just shoot your match, don't worry about how anyone else is shooting or what they say. I'm rootin for ya!

Grizz

hmmmmmmmm

Frontiersman....Splitrail,,,,but watch out fer Fire n fall back!!!!!

FCGF,,hmmmmm Stonecreek Drifter (I've been known tu schute FCGF tuu, wantit tu las yur but nobody wantit tu play,,this yer? only tha shadow knoes)

just sayin...

Cheyenne

Not a prediction, but a goal...

I finished 319th overall last year, my goal in to get under the 300 mark this year.

edit, looking at last years scores, if I hadn't had the P on stage 4, and the 5 misses (4 of which were broken shotgun) on stage 7 or so, I'd have been under 300 time wise at least, who knows how the rank points would have shaken out.

second edit - knowing that, maybe I shout shoot a bit lower, say maybe under 280th....

Noz you may be right about this but Missiuri Lefty sure is one smokin fast Buckaroo! He's a great kid too!

Jack may need to look at who is signed up for which category before he makes some predictions because I know that Vaquero Jake is now in young guns and Lily Blue is in Buckarette.

As for a Buckaroo taking the whole thing, well you never know anything can happen! It would be really cool to see either one of those two do it!

Colt

Here's the "Official List" Look for yourself!! I was going by the Published Info!!

http://www.badlandsbar3.com/CAC2011/CAC2011-Categories.htm

Here's the "Official List" Look for yourself!! I was going by the Published Info!!

http://www.badlandsbar3.com/CAC2011/CAC2011-Categories.htm

I see where you are coming from Jack. I just knew that Jake is 14 and he shot young gun at EOT and Lily shot Buckerette last I knew.

Jake is a real good shooter!

No harm done pard!

Colt

Jack, I have been run out of the Outlaw class this year by Tn. Tombstone { he even got my camping spot]]and I'm back to shooting Classic Cowboy again... Going out to practice again this morning..

Brother King,,, when are you making your way to East Texas???

Ghost,get willing !!!!!!!The most Classic Way..

My prediction for the overall is the person who wins Stage 5 and 6. That will be the stages with the largest and smallest targets.... Lets See how it works out....T-Bone

Oh I forgot.

Chickasaw Bill is going to be the fastest, euu-first-no-latest-maybe-quickest-oh no-loudest-maybe-?????

He'll be there and having fun.

hmmmmmmmm

Frontiersman....Splitrail,,,,but watch out fer Fire n fall back!!!!!

FCGF,,hmmmmm Stonecreek Drifter (I've been known tu schute FCGF tuu, wantit tu las yur but nobody wantit tu play,,this yer? only tha shadow knoes)

just sayin...

Cheyenne

Stoney is probably my pick for FCGF as well....however, there's a certain pard o' mine from Kansas that ain't too shabby either. Watch out for Hondo Tucker! :ph34r:

Stage 5 and 6 huh? That will be my last stage day one, and second to last day two, good, I'll either be warmed up or too tired to care!

Overall winner will be whoever can shoot their match and be consistent. And there are a pretty good list of folks that could do it, last years winner TRO, Tater, Nuttin, Spur Roberts, 'Snake, Lefty, Phantom, Justin Parker, the list goes on and on.

Gonna be fun to watch and take part in, that much is for sure.

Big and close, small and far--makes no matter cause we are willin'. Looking forward to having T-Bone back shooting Classic Cowboy and challenging everybody to do their best. My guns are running and I am getting pumped for the big trip. Had a great time last year even though RV was elbow to elbow in the parking lot--doubt we will have much rain this time so we can all spread out a little and relax. Looking forward to it.

Big and close, small and far--makes no matter cause we are willin'. Looking forward to having T-Bone back shooting Classic Cowboy and challenging everybody to do their best. My guns are running and I am getting pumped for the big trip. Had a great time last year even though RV was elbow to elbow in the parking lot--doubt we will have much rain this time so we can all spread out a little and relax. Looking forward to it.

Yeah, Dave, I think conditions are just a wee bit drier this year. Should make the parkin situation much better. And I'm with ya on lookin forward to a GREAT time! Be good to see ya again.

You buncha yahoos better quit talking about how good and dry the weather is going to be. What if it's all been saving up for a big ol' Texas sized DUMP? Shhhhhhh.....

My advice is for everyone to bring rain gear, long underwear and warm clothes. That oughta fool 'em.

@Tbone... I'm thinking sometime late next week. Gotta be in OKC for a meeting on Sat. Then back to Bar 3 on Sunday. Let me know.

It did rain last night for a while, but ground was dry this morning..... Burn Ban is still on..... Looks like we will have plenty of room for campers and parking.... I sure hope I can finnish the match, been having troubles with the Outlaw thing ..... I like it too much !!!! well I gotta go do something and get ready for something else.. T-Bone

Archived