SASS Wire Forum

Some things are just plain wrong

Looks like not everybody read the article. The parents did not rush into this and the kid has not changed his mind in 4 years. The kid has seen therapists and it seems from the article that the therapists concur with the parents decisions. Also don't much see that there is any proof given in the article that the parents are trying to force the child. Lot of people making judgements without sufficient information.

So mommy and mommy never had a discussion about their family compared to others? They never mentioned the over used line "we were born that way"? Even so, at that tender age the child could decide that he/she wanted to drive a car, vote, or consume alcohol, but even wacky California would say "wait until you're an adult". ;)

BSD

So mommy and mommy never had a discussion about their family compared to others? They never mentioned the over used line "we were born that way"? Even so, at that tender age the child could decide that he/she wanted to drive a car, vote, or consume alcohol, but even wacky California would say "wait until you're an adult". ;)

BSD

You're making guesses. You don't know, I don't know and no one here knows how that kid was brought up. The only thing the parents are doing, after consulting with medical professionals, is stalling things until the child is old enough at 14 to make the decision for himself.

No offense meant Chantry, but what the parents are doing is injecting their child with drugs that prevent him from maturing as either god, or nature, (take your pick) intended. They are doing it because of statements made by a very, very young child. The ability of a child to understand the nature of his, or anyone else's, innate sexuality is highly questionable. The potential for permanent long term physical or psychological harm is unquestionable. The motivation and, perhaps unintended, influence of his 'parents' due to ther own orientation, is open to debate.

Doctors take an oath to first do no harm, could any ethical non PC doctor truly feel that this course of action fulfills that oath? IMHO no!

PS

Do you truly believe that a 14 year old child is capable of making a life altering decision like that? BTW my middle son, 6 in second grade and classified as gifted, is currently convinced that marrying his sister would be a great idea, should I take this seriously?

No offense meant Chantry, but what the parents are doing is injecting their child with drugs that prevent him from maturing as either god, or nature, (take your pick) intended. They are doing it because of statements made by a very, very young child. The ability of a child to understand the nature of his, or anyone else's, innate sexuality is highly questionable. The potential for permanent long term physical or psychological harm is unquestionable. The motivation and, perhaps unintended, influence of his 'parents' due to ther own orientation, is open to debate.

Doctors take an oath to first do no harm, could any ethical non PC doctor truly feel that this course of action fulfills that oath? IMHO no!

PS

Do you truly believe that a 14 year old child is capable of making a life altering decision like that? BTW my middle son, 6 in second grade and classified as gifted, is currently convinced that marrying his sister would be a great idea, should I take this seriously?

The medical professionals that have seen this child disagree with you. And if the child is correct in how he feels, then there is a very high chance of psychological harm, including depression, substance abuse, anxiety and sucide if forced into a gender role he feels is wrong. I am going to defer to the medical professionals that have seen the child.

And it wasn't that long ago, relatively speaking, that 14 year olds were making adult decisions and were marrying.

The medical professionals that have seen this child disagree with you. And if the child is correct in how he feels, then there is a very high chance of psychological harm, including depression, substance abuse, anxiety and sucide if forced into a gender role he feels is wrong. I am going to defer to the medical professionals that have seen the child.

And it wasn't that long ago, relatively speaking, that 14 year olds were making adult decisions and were marrying.

Ummmm - marriage is a whole lot different than gender change....you're wrong....but entitled to your opinion.;)

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Ummmm - marriage is a whole lot different than gender change....you're wrong....but entitled to your opinion.;)

How very condescending of you. However, unlike you, I actually did some research into the issue before I posted my responses.

I also suspect that if it was somebody telling YOU how to raise your child or children, you'd be screaming bloody murder.

How very condescending of you. However, unlike you, I actually did some research into the issue before I posted my responses.

I also suspect that if it was somebody telling YOU how to raise your child or children, you'd be screaming bloody murder.

Sorry - your wrong again - I have done research as well, read various POV's, and have come to the conclusion that I have come to. What these parents are doing is not 'raising' a child ....obviously you feel it is....glad I'm not your kid.

This what happens when "liberalism" goes out of control. It's not only wrong it's SICK!:angry:

California! Need I say more.........

You're making guesses. You don't know, I don't know and no one here knows how that kid was brought up. The only thing the parents are doing, after consulting with medical professionals, is stalling things until the child is old enough at 14 to make the decision for himself.

medical professionals?....I have seen some so call psychiatric medical professionals do some strange things...like a female shrink do her session's naked with convected rapist because she felt that the rapist raped because he was farad of the female body....or another who had a child molester he felt had a bad childhood lay in the corner suck his his thumb in the fetal position to go back to the womb to start his childhood over again from the beginning...ya medical professionals.

Now what would this child psych have been if he had been adopted buy a normal family...yes I say normal one man one woman...we don't know...

I don't place much, if any, trust in 'medical professionals' of the psychiatric variety, particularly if they're from California. I also believe getting a divorce is a lot easier to do than regaining whatever masculinity you might lose by delaying puberty through drugs. I believe that men remain men and women remain women no matter what parts get cut off, sewn on, excavated or enhanced. You either have a Y chromosome or you do not, that fact is inescapable. I don't care about men who are attracted to men, nor about women who are attracted to women. To me that type of orientation doesn't define a person, unless THEY insist that it does.

Having said all that, I respect Chantry's right to hold a different opinion and don't believe calling his parenting skills into question is appropriate or adds anything useful to the discussion.

BTW, anyone remember the guy from Canada whose penis was inadvertently cut off as an infant in a botched circumcision? The 'medical professional' consulted by the parents decided he would be better off as a she and he was given hormone treatments and raised to think he was a girl. He later opted to try to switch back to being a guy. The story does not have a happy ending, he committed suicide. His 'medical 'professional' held the view that gender differences were societal constructs. <_<

BTW, anyone remember the guy from Canada whose penis was inadvertently cut off as an infant in a botched circumcision? The 'medical professional' consulted by the parents decided he would be better off as a she and he was given hormone treatments and raised to think he was a girl. He later opted to try to switch back to being a guy. The story does not have a happy ending, he committed suicide. His 'medical 'professional' held the view that gender differences were societal constructs. <_<

I do remember that; twin boys as I recall? Hadn't heard that he had taken his own life.

I also recall that much of the gender assignment therapy "she" and "her" brother both endured was downright bizarre, and some of it would easily qualify as child sexual abuse.

EDIT to add:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Reimer

Here are 2 longer, more informative stories that go into details that the Fox story left out.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2043345/The-California-boy-11-undergoing-hormone-blocking-treatment.html

and

http://www.healthpublic.net/2011/09/transgender-kids-painful-quest-to-be-real.html

What the Fox story leaves out is that the child has two older brothers (through adoption) that are typical male children. This would seem to rule out the parents trying to change the child against his will argument.

The Fox story also left out that the child started makes threats to mutilate himself by cutting off his genitals.

Doesn't change my mind...have already read multiple info sources on it. Conclusion: Kid's too young to make this choice and shame on the two parental units for supporting this.

GG

Doesn't change my mind...have already read multiple info sources on it. Conclusion: Kid's too young to make this choice and shame on the two parental units for supporting this.

GG

Yep!

The second article even quotes a 'medical professional' who disagrees with the PU's choice. You also note that those who support this course of action specialize in changing men to women and vice versa. Is it any surprise they think this is perfectly fine? The second article also mentions that the little boy began his 'transition' at the tender age of six. I'm sure the lack of an adult male figure in his life contributed in no way to his confusion. :mellow:

I wonder how old his siblings were when they were adopted and how well established their self images were?

I guess I'm old fashion.....I don't believe in same sex marriages....Hollywood condones Chaz Bono......I don't. I appreciate everyone's opinion and view. I am not a counselor or a phychologist but a child of 11 is not old enough to make these decisions and when it first came up, it should have been nipped in the bud (Pardon the pun).

For gay or lesbian couples to adopt children is wrong and to a child has got to be confusing. The life of a child of same sex couples has got to be hell.....kids can be mean and vendictive.

That's my too scents.

KK

Archived