SASS Wire Forum

Job evaporates for the third time.

Iron Pony

Why do folks advertise, accept resumes, recruit and interview for jobs they know may not be there when the process is completed? For the third tme I've been through part or all of the rigamarole only to be notified the job no longer exsists.

Cmon folks if you dont know if budget will fund a position, or if its possible the slot will be downsized tell me BEFOREHAND and let me make an educated and considered decision to go after it or not.

What a pain in the backside.

Well at least the roof I replaced didnt leak in the rain yesterday.

IP:

Not uncommon. A friend in personnel with a large business in Boston tells me that they REGULARY post job ads for existing, OCCUPIED positions, just to see what they could get in a lower-priced person. If they don't find what they want, they just waive all the applicants off. It's a dog-eat-dog world out there, bud.

LL

IP:

Not uncommon. A friend in personnel with a large business in Boston tells me that they REGULARY post job ads for existing, OCCUPIED positions, just to see what they could get in a lower-priced person. If they don't find what they want, they just waive all the applicants off. It's a dog-eat-dog world out there, bud.

LL

Yup.

And sometimes they tell an applicant the job has been eliminated just so they won't have to answer questions as to why he didn't get hired.

Why do folks advertise, accept resumes, recruit and interview for jobs they know may not be there when the process is completed? For the third tme I've been through part or all of the rigamarole only to be notified the job no longer exsists.

Cmon folks if you dont know if budget will fund a position, or if its possible the slot will be downsized tell me BEFOREHAND and let me make an educated and considered decision to go after it or not.

What a pain in the backside.

Well at least the roof I replaced didnt leak in the rain yesterday.

Be happy . . . think of how you'd feel if the roof had leaked ? ? ? .... :blink:

Archived