SASS Wire Forum

Ladies

Chief Rick

Ya see, I sent my wife the pics of the soiled dove & parlor madam winners out of the Chronicle. :rolleyes:

So she sends me an email back sayin if I buy her an outfit like that - she'd wear it. :o

Now I don't know about other men - but the one thing I DON'T buy my wife or daughters is CLOTHES. :blink:

So, I told her I would just give her the money and let her buy what she wanted. :wub:

So I need help spendin' my money!

Where can I point her for quality garments?

I don't even know what all that stuff is called, so I can't search for it myself.

Well, I'm not a lady. Nor have I played one. But...

Start out on eBay with a search for "saloon girl." That will give you names of the parts of the outfit and price range.

Google "saloon girl outfit" or "saloon girl costume." Maybe also "soiled dove historic photos."

Or, ask some of the ladies in your area for ideas.

What you are willing to spend will determine the quality, and comfort, of the clothing.

What you are willing to spend will determine the quality, and comfort, of the clothing.

While the budget is not unlimited - if it makes Momma happy, Momma makes me happy. B)

And if the two of us are happy - then all is right in the world.

While the budget is not unlimited - if it makes Momma happy, Momma makes me happy. B)

And if the two of us are happy - then all is right in the world.

http://www.recollections.biz/

For corsets try ebay... or google it and look for STEEL BUSK with lace up...

Wanta spend all yur money .... really quick ?

Have a look over ......

here :)

Money will be all gone . . . but she'll be happy .... :)

I need to make sure the stuff is "quality" before we buy.

Don't want cheap/inferior products that don't last or are uncomfortable for a days wear.

Ya see, I sent my wife the pics of the soiled dove & parlor madam winners out of the Chronicle. :rolleyes:

So she sends me an email back sayin if I buy her an outfit like that - she'd wear it. :o

Now I don't know about other men - but the one thing I DON'T buy my wife or daughters is CLOTHES. :blink:

So, I told her I would just give her the money and let her buy what she wanted. :wub:

So I need help spendin' my money!

Where can I point her for quality garments?

I don't even know what all that stuff is called, so I can't search for it myself.

Where's Allie Mo when you need her....If I was looking for female trap-ens that's who I would talk to.

You need to post your question here. The ladies will help you. Trust me.

Carolina Belles

That's the link I was looking for, UB! Allie Mo (no e) posts there a lot and she and the rest of those gals will be able to set ol' Chief Rick straight in a heartbeat.

I need to make sure the stuff is "quality" before we buy.

Don't want cheap/inferior products that don't last or are uncomfortable for a days wear.

Given that, and what you have said in other posts, you are likely looking at a minimum of $250, plus shoes. Much more if you get a really good corset.

That's the link I was looking for, UB! Allie Mo (no e) posts there a lot and she and the rest of those gals will be able to set ol' Chief Rick straight in a heartbeat.

Likely as not they'll grab Rick's gal and his credit card and take her shopping!

Well - they certainly don't wanna turn me loose in a store with stuff like that - 22 years in the Navy has taught me to not be shy about asking ladies to try stuff on :D

Likely as not they'll grab Rick's gal and his credit card and take her shopping!

Or grab her, take her to a back room, break out the fabric and scissors and get her all gussied up. In the SCA I've seen a flock of women disappear for a few hours like that and the object of their ministrations appeared again in a lovely 12th century French outfit. Like the one on the right in this: http://www.costumes.org/history/stibbert/28.jpg

Your link is futzed up, I got:

Sorry, the page you’re looking for can’t be found.

You will be redirected to Homestead in 10 seconds.

Homestead

But if I google 'work n ranch' I can get there. Which is weird, because the link is the same: http://stores.work-n-ranch.com/StoreFront.bok

Strange. the link works for me.

If she likes to thift store shop she can probably find a full black skirt that would work until she found something she likes better.

A black skirt with a good quality corset (steel boned) and a lacey black blouse underneath.... she's all set.

Oh and boots....lace up boots... Oak Tree Farms are the best

If you lived close enough I would love to dress her up.

If she likes to thift store shop she can probably find a full black skirt that would work until she found something she likes better.

A black skirt with a good quality corset (steel boned) and a lacey black blouse underneath.... she's all set.

Oh and boots....lace up boots... Oak Tree Farms are the best

If you lived close enough I would love to dress her up.

Thank you ma'am.

We are only one state away...

She doesn't do the wire - I believe facebook is the only "forum" she monitors, but I will be passing along the info from here.

Well - they certainly don't wanna turn me loose in a store with stuff like that - 22 years in the Navy has taught me to not be shy about asking ladies to try stuff on :D

After being married for 35 years and raising a daughter I am very gun shy about buying female cloths....during my 6 years as a "Dirt Sailor" I never thought to ask a lady to put something on...it was mostly the opposite :rolleyes:

After being married for 35 years and raising a daughter I am very gun shy about buying female cloths....during my 6 years as a "Dirt Sailor" I never thought to ask a lady to put something on...it was mostly the opposite :rolleyes:

My wife was feeling poorly one time when we there was a super special at a dept. store. She sent me. I knew her sizes. She told me "camo colors." Piece of cake!

I stopped buying my wife frilly undergarments years ago when she stopped having any interest in them at all. They aren't "comfortable". I thought that was the whole point so she would be more inclined to take them off. Oh well, I tried.

Occassionally I will help with laundry and I shake my head when I take clothes out of the dryer. I pull out these little patches of fabric connected with three skinny lines of cloth. I didn't know that slingshots got washed. I can't imagine how one would wear one of these as they wouldn't cover up anything. It kind of defeats the purpose.

I think you have plenty of recommendations and if you can get your lady to wear these things, more power to you.

In 34+ years of marriage, I don't think there has been one gift article of clothing that my wife hasn't either returned or worn only once then stashed in a closet - says that if she wore what I bought her she'd look like she belonged on a street corner. And I thought it was the style!

yeah, very strange. Yours doesn't work for me, but mine, which is exactly the same, does.

He has a period after the link address which kilt it.

http://stores.work-n-ranch.com/StoreFront.bok.'>http://stores.work-n-ranch.com/StoreFront.bok. won't work, but http://stores.work-n-ranch.com/StoreFront.bok will

Funny stuff this Interweb language. :lol:

He has a period after the link address which kilt it.

http://stores.work-n-ranch.com/StoreFront.bok.'>http://stores.work-n-ranch.com/StoreFront.bok. won't work, but http://stores.work-n-ranch.com/StoreFront.bok will

Funny stuff this Interweb language. :lol:

I also just found that period.

The owner of Work n Ranch will also do custom work. She made a hat to match a dress for Lorrie and she is currently looking for a B Western shirt for me to wear for "not so dressed up" evenings. the instructions I gave her was that it was to be so gaudy that she would be embarrassed to sell it and I would be embarrassed to wear it.

Well, I got here as soon as I could. ;)

I see you have some good advice already.

Recollections has very nice things. WW Mercantile is a wonderful supporter of SASS and has nice things.

After I'd been shooting a while and wasted a lot of money, I decided I didn't want things that could show up at a match on someone else. So, I look for one-of-a-kind things on eBay or basics (for example a plain black skirt and plain blouse) when buying ready made. Dress them up with a vest or other accessories.

Pard, does she sew or have time for it? If not, does she have a seamstress available to her. Does she mind seeing the outfit on someone else?

For patterns, I'm partial to Truly Victorian, Laughing Moon, and Butterick.

I recommend starting with a basic plain skirt, blouse, and waist cincher/wide belt. All are available at WW Mercantile. Then, check out what the other ladies are wearing and what she likes before jumping in to anything expensive or flamboyant.

Regards,

Allie Mo

I stopped buying my wife frilly undergarments years ago when she stopped having any interest in them at all. They aren't "comfortable". I thought that was the whole point so she would be more inclined to take them off. Oh well, I tried.

Occassionally I will help with laundry and I shake my head when I take clothes out of the dryer. I pull out these little patches of fabric connected with three skinny lines of cloth. I didn't know that slingshots got washed. I can't imagine how one would wear one of these as they wouldn't cover up anything. It kind of defeats the purpose.

I think you have plenty of recommendations and if you can get your lady to wear these things, more power to you.

I ain't lookin' or askin' her to wear dental floss! No Sir...

I'm lookin' for stuff that can be worn to a match that's 2-3 hours away, shoot in, go to lunch out in town, & then drive back home.

Well, I got here as soon as I could. ;)

I see you have some good advice already.

Recollections has very nice things. WW Mercantile is a wonderful supporter of SASS and has nice things.

After I'd been shooting a while and wasted a lot of money, I decided I didn't want things that could show up at a match on someone else. So, I look for one-of-a-kind things on eBay or basics (for example a plain black skirt and plain blouse) when buying ready made. Dress them up with a vest or other accessories.

Pard, does she sew or have time for it? If not, does she have a seamstress available to her. Does she mind seeing the outfit on someone else?

For patterns, I'm partial to Truly Victorian, Laughing Moon, and Butterick.

I recommend starting with a basic plain skirt, blouse, and waist cincher/wide belt. All are available at WW Mercantile. Then, check out what the other ladies are wearing and what she likes before jumping in to anything expensive or flamboyant.

Regards,

Allie Mo

Can she sew? Yes

Does she have time? No

Her Mother does & so does a friend, but neither live within 500 miles of us.

I don't know (and she doesn't either) about quality corsets and things like that - and not being able to handle or try on is worrisome.

Archived