SASS Wire Forum

Woman shoots, kills bow-and-arrow-armed intruder

Subdeacon Joe

Woman shoots, kills bow-and-arrow-armed intruder

In an effort to get Harris out the house, Nussbaumer told him she had money in her truck. As Nussbaumer went out the front door, Harris followed and removed his clothes, police said.

Nussbaumer’s truck was parked on the street.

Police said Nussbaumer removed a handgun from the truck, turned around, faced Harris, who was standing a few feet from her, and shot him as he walked toward her, police said.

When police arrived on Lynn Ora Drive, Harris was lying nude in the street.

Lord, I hope none of the officers were injured.

You can really hurt yourself falling over laughing.

What the heck was her gun doing in the truck is what I want to know. In this house, the guy would have been shot at the bottom of the stairs, not outside. Florida is a strange place.

No offence to the pards here from Florida.

Bodine

Nude?

Bow and arrow?

I wonder if he thought he was CUPID?

I also have this nagging thought. Hmmmm, lower abdomen, I wonder if she missed her intended target.

You saying she might have jerked one off? :rolleyes:

"In this house, the guy would have been shot at the bottom of the stairs" ......

............ I bet that'd hurt .....

Sounds like he got shot at the top of the pole. Also painful.

What the heck was her gun doing in the truck is what I want to know. In this house, the guy would have been shot at the bottom of the stairs, not outside. Florida is a strange place.

No offence to the pards here from Florida.

Bodine

I guess you'd have to ask her why her gun was in the truck.

Now...why is Florida a strange place? You lost me on that one. :blink:

I have just read a lot of weird news stories from Florida this year Bob, more than any other state for some reason unknown to me. Casey Anthony acqutted but Billy Bob thornton's daughter got 20 years as a recent example. A guy goes inot a house with a bow and arrow and lets his inteneded victim outside? Undresses while following her? Things like this I find strange compared to where I live. We do occaisionally get a crackpot though. The guy that accidentally shot and killed his wife while trying to install a sattellite cable comes to mind. Used a .22 to shoot through the wall from inside and had his wife outside to see where the hole came out. Seriously.

Again, no offense to our FL pards intended, just seen a lot of weird news stories from there this year that make go HUH???? :blink:

BTW, did you check out some of the other links on that page??? :wacko:

Bodine

She was in the shower to start with, when she went outside she was maybe in a robe? the perp thought he'd get sum-a-dat and stripped down. As to why go to the truck? Maybe she had a gun inside the house as well, but her kid was also in the house, best to get the perp away from the kid.

So tell me then, what happened to the bow and arrow while he was stripping then? Where was the kid after he told mom what was going on? This whole story stinks of either really bad reporting, more than is being reported, or just plain weird people. How many responsible gunowners really leave a gun in the vehicle these days?(probably unlocked in this case, or did she have the keys in her bath-robe, or somewhere else :blink: ?) I don't. Just plain strange story all around. All rhetorical questions by the way. I don't expect any answers as none of us could possibly know. I am a social studies teacher and current events/sociology are someof my favoite subjects. I always look at the whole story to see how I can best use it to teach critical thinking skills to my students. This would be a doozy of a lesson though!

Bodine

Nude?

Bow and arrow?

I wonder if he thought he was CUPID?

I also have this nagging thought. Hmmmm, lower abdomen, I wonder if she missed her intended target.

lower? So,... bobbit? yikes.. okay fine.. on to the next post.. geesh..

"In this house, the guy would have been shot at the bottom of the stairs" ......

............ I bet that'd hurt .....

So, on the body exactly where is the "bottom of the stairs" lol

Never Bring A Bow and Arrow To A Gunfight !!! :lol:

Unless you bring a great gun too... lol

What ever the whole story might be, it is pretty weird to find a wounded nude man lying in the street with a bow and arrow nearby. Bottom line, he is dead. I don't think the bow did him any good.

Maybe that wasn't a good plan, what ever it was.

What ever the whole story might be, it is pretty weird to find a wounded nude man lying in the street with a bow and arrow nearby. Bottom line, he is dead. I don't think the bow did him any good.

Maybe that wasn't a good plan, what ever it was.

Yep it is sad, any life lost is sad ...a his plan was not a good one, I am sure many have decided that over time. All I can say BNCs is from experience if you let a nut close to you they will really hurt you.. while you are both a live in the end... are you really? Some people never recover others just go a bit wacky.. lol

Archived