SASS Wire Forum

Cowboy Gunsmith in Colorado

Butcher Brinkworth

Howdy, y'all

I picked up a 12 GA Stoeger Coach Supreme SxS last night. Right out of the gate I have a problem.....I'm left-handed. The reason it's a problem is because the top lever is a bear to push to the right with my left thumb. It's easy as pie to pull right with my right thumb though so I know it's not defective :rolleyes:

I was hoping to have the spring lightened or something because it takes more effort than it should and I don't want to lose seconds because of something simple like that. So I searched for cowboy gunsmiths in Colorado and I didn't find anything. Can someone please recommend a place near me (Northern Colorado). I guess I'll also want them to change that flippin' automatic safety to manual (boy is that a pain).

Cheers,

Butcher B.

Butcher,

Closest to you I think is Badger. Check with the club in wellington Pawnee they shoot this weekend he should be there or Red River will have contact info for him. Sorry I don't also Grizzly Dave may have his contact info.

Painted Filly

Yup, Filly, our paths surely will cross (though our gun barrels won't).

I know I found the preferred shotgun ammo on this site somewhere but can no longer seem to find the thread. Recommendations?

And forgive me because I'm still learning all of this stuff but, the regs say that the shot has to be 4 or smaller so 7.5 or 8 would work, right? Couldn't seem to find shot in that size of a low enough velocity at places like Sports Authority or Dick's.

Cheers,

Butcher B.

Bass pro shop in Denver had an acceptable selection of shotshell this last weekend, 1oz loads of Remingtin STS, and a variety of lower recoil AAs. 7.5 and 8 will both take care of the steel bad guys we shoot. You may want to consider having an action job done while having the lever switched, could save ya travel or shipping money.

My .02

Best

Brimstone.

yes we use 7.5 and 8 mostly. We reload our own but to buy most people use low recoil. We have seen it a Sportsmans. There is one in loveland close to you.

Painted Filly

I found both the STS and AA at Dick's today. I figure I'll shoot them both and see if I like one better than the other. I also picked up some 00 Buck shot but that's for home protection :D

I'm only one Uberti 1873 Stallion .38 special away from having all of my CAS firearms. Hopefully I'll find a good deal on one at the Tanner show this weekend. Now I just need to go to the range and start getting practice time in with my new goodies.

Thanks again for all of the help, y'all. You're a great bunch of people and I'm very much looking forward to smacking some steel with ya.

Cheers,

Butcher B.

Archived