SASS Wire Forum

2011 TN State is history

Widder, SASS #59054

Them Wartrace Regulators went and pulled in all their 'devine' favors and had as good a match possible.

Weather was PERFECT. Cloudless skies and warm temps for 3 whole days.

Stages were top notch except for those diamond shaped targets that I missed..... :lol::lol::lol:

Pat yeowndangself on the back, Regulators.

Posse leader for #6 was Sergeant Shooter and he run the posse like ya want em done. Top notch feller.

Berm Marshals were squared away with any questions that popped up. All in all, this appeared to be as perfect a match as us mere humans can make it.

Thank you Wartrace for a legitimate State quality match.

..........Widder

Had a marvelous time at the Tn. State match!

Weather and the stages were great. Had a fun,hard working posse.

The expanded parking area really came in handy,and I also liked the work they did

on the "train" stage,and the "fort."

Banquet and awards were excellent.

L.K. and I have done all the Regulators Reckoning matches since 2004,and we already

plan to do the next one.

Thanks to all the Regulators for their hospitality and hard work!

And,special congratulations to Widder,Clancy,and Pleasant for their good Gunfighter

finishes.

Harley.

Widder and Harley, thanks for the kind words. We were blessed with fantastic weather and I think most things went very well.

Hope everyone had a good time and we are always open to hear anything we did wrong.

Thanks to everyone who came and shot with us.

Hope to see everyone next year.

Randy

It was a great match, thanks to the Rangers for letting me do a shoot through on Saturday. Also thanks to the posses who worked me through and allowed me to interupt their rhythem on Saturday.

Great job everyone, again. See you next year for sure.

Excellent match (I agree with you about them dang diamond targets Widder ;) ouch)

Shell Stuffer, Missouri Lefty, Missouri Traveler and I had a talk about how much we enjoyed everything about the match.

Been doing this shoot since '05 and I will definetely be back next year.

Congrats on your GF win also Widder. :D

Thanks for the kind words, everybody! It becomes more of a pleasure every year to host shuch a fine bunch of folks, and try to meet their expectations. We are truly blessed to have all of you share this match with us. THANK YOU!!!! THANK YOU!!!! THANK YOU!!!!

Thanks on a personal level from me to each of the great posses who allowed me to interupt their match while I shot through. I got to share a little of the match with each posse and see old friends and meet new ones!!

PLEASE JOIN US AGAIN NEXT YEAR!!!

This was our second time to Wartrace. What an awesome range. Dingo and I had a wonderful time. Once again the stages were well written and fun to shoot. Everyone made you feel welcome and asked if you were having fun. Thanks to all that worked so hard to make this match so great. We appreciate all your hard work. All the little touches (ladies only toilet with roses and a mirror, flowers on the tables at the range) made it even nicer. We can't wait until next year. Hats off for a job well done. :)

Congratulations to Prestidigitator and Dew-R-Dye for the top Cowboy and Cowgirl.

Also thanks to Posse 1 for working so hard and making the shoot even more fun. Bon Fire makes great cookies....yummy.

See you next year.

Sixgun :)

:FlagAm: Great Match!!! It seemed as if every detail had attention. Heck, they even had fresh cut roses in the Men's Out House! A great big THANKS! and a big ole YEE-HAW! for all the cowpokes who worked so hard to put on one of the trully great matches of 2011.

Thanks to All - Knob Creek Drover

P.S. - Oh, yea......"POSSE 5!" :FlagAm:

Widder and Harley, thanks for the kind words. We were blessed with fantastic weather and I think most things went very well.

Hope everyone had a good time and we are always open to hear anything we did wrong.

Randy

Oh yes - Roses - I forgot to mention what a nice touch they were ... However, I did not know they were in the men's "room". Sugah always tells me a lot of important information. PERFECT match.

Randy

Hi Randy....I will tell you everything that you did wrong right here in public. You hung up too many diamond targets - I struggle with diamond targets! That's it - that's the list... No one would have ever asked for such beautiful weather. If we had tried, we would have pulled up short because of feeling guilty over being so greedy. The match was well run - as always - and a lot of fun to shoot. I even managed to have a spontaneous RO lesson, that I apparently needed. No extra charge... Not that I wanted to know anything much about your appeal process, but I felt it was done fairly and with all due consideration for the shooter. The food was good and the vendors were available. What else could someone ask for? War Trace is one of my favorite spots to shoot anywhere in the country! I want to post a special "congrats" to my fellow River Bend Rough Rider for his great finish - Silver City Rebel - He made us proud! Posse 4 Rocked! Cassalong Hoppity proved himself as a big match posse marshal. Thanks for giving such a nice party and inviting us all to come - we'll be back. Witch Doctor

:FlagAm: Great Match!!! It seemed as if every detail had attention. Heck, they even had fresh cut roses in the Men's Out House! A great big THANKS! and a big ole YEE-HAW! for all the cowpokes who worked so hard to put on one of the trully great matches of 2011.

Thanks to All - Knob Creek Drover

P.S. - Oh, yea......"POSSE 5!" :FlagAm:

Drover: Interesting that the roses stood out to you! Ha! Thought you might have noticed Tuff Stuff's belt.......

CONGRATS to all winners and to the Wartrace gang for another successful match!

WOW what a great match .

The Wartrace Regulators keep making the TN state championship a don't miss match for Bella and My schedules every year .

The stages were very good ,the weather was perfect ,the range looked like a Golf course,targets were set very very good.

The match appered to us mortal shooters to go off without a hitch and that is the sign of a well run match.

The awards banquet food was the best I have had at an event this year.

The only problems we experienced was with the JAMESON INN (no fault of the match for sure) we had stayed there four years in a row this year was beyond a bad experience. I will not slam them any further on here other than to say be very very aware if you choose the Jameson Inn in Tullahoma as a place to ever stay.

I found when we moved to the new Holiday Inn on the second night it only cost a few dollars more to be treated like they apreciated your business.

Thanks to all THE WARTRACE REGULATORS for the hard work it takes to put on such a great match.

SEE YA NEXT YEAR

MOSE

Thanks again for all the kind words from everyone. I hope you all plan to come back and join us again next year.

If anyone has any issues with the match they don't want to air in public please feel free to e-mail me.

rws2700@comcast.net

We'll start in Noveember planning for next year and will start by looking at anything we need to change.

Thanks again to all who came and helped to make this the Best Regulators Reckoning I've been to.

Randy

Did I shooot well? NO!

Did that keep me from having fun? NO!

If we didn't love the match we wouldn't keep coming back year after year.

If you have never been to this range,and or shot the State match,you have

missed out.

Looking toward next time.........

Harley.

To Randy, Whiskey Hayes and all other Regulators who made the 2011 Reckoning such a terrific match. It was clear that many, many hours of planning and effort went into this match. I had the privilege of being part of Posse 4 and thoroughly enjoyed myself. Many thanks to my deputy Shaddai Vaquero and his wife Perfecto Vaquera who, though not shooting, kept score for us throughout the match and helped move shooters along. They have quite a young man in Vaquero Jake. Always great to shoot with my good friends Pig Iron Lane and Witch Doctor (a competitor who completely embodies the Spirit of the Game), Tuco Forsyth, Dash Calibur, Fast Eddie, Risin' Outlaw and Vaquera. Wish Marauder could have joined us. And wonderful to meet and make new friends. The stages were great fun, the food was good, and the company absolutely delightful. Hope I will have the chance to return many times.

Cassalong Hopidy

To Randy, Whiskey Hayes and all other Regulators who made the 2011 Reckoning such a terrific match. It was clear that many, many hours of planning and effort went into this match. I had the privilege of being part of Posse 4 and thoroughly enjoyed myself. Many thanks to my deputy Shaddai Vaquero and his wife Perfecto Vaquera who, though not shooting, kept score for us throughout the match and helped move shooters along. They have quite a young man in Vaquero Jake. Always great to shoot with my good friends Pig Iron Lane and Witch Doctor (a competitor who completely embodies the Spirit of the Game), Tuco Forsyth, Dash Calibur, Fast Eddie, Risin' Outlaw and Vaquera. Wish Marauder could have joined us. And wonderful to meet and make new friends. The stages were great fun, the food was good, and the company absolutely delightful. Hope I will have the chance to return many times.

Cassalong Hopidy

ME TOO!! :unsure:

Guest Joe West, SASS#1532 L Regulator

Posse one was the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If any posse had more fun than ours please advise how.

I've been to every Wartrace Regulators TN State match and they've all been great. This one may have been the best.

Joe West

Posse one was the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If any posse had more fun than ours please advise how.

I've been to every Wartrace Regulators TN State match and they've all been great. This one may have been the best.

Joe West

Joe, I've been to all since 2005 and I think this was the best as well, but I've not been to a bad one.

Hope you had a pleasant bike ride home.

Randy

The smiling faces and kind words have sure made all our efforts in preparing for this match worthwhile. I am sure my feelings are common to all the Wartrace Regulators when I say "Thank you all for coming and we really hope to see y'all again soon". Please don't wait until next October to come shoot with us, you will be as welcomed at a monthly as you were at the State Match. And I'll let you in on a secret.... the range almost always looks this good and the stages are always well written and fun! Whiskey Hayes, Papa Dave, Randy, Buck and the other members work hard to make sure we have a first class monthly shoot. So if you missed the State Match, or you're just looking for a great way to spend a Saturday, come on over, we'd love to have y'all visit.

Great match and great folks! Weather was great, especially on Saturday. Cassalong and Shaddai were great posse marshals. Special thanks to Perfecto Vaquera for keeping score. Wartrace range is outstanding. Thanks to Wartrace for putting on a great match. Thanks to the good folks of Posse 4 for good fellowship.

Doc

Archived