Two masked gunman entered a convenience store about

630AM and immediately opened fire, -then- demanded

money. One of the two gunmen climbed over the

counter and was looking for money when one of the

clerks returned fire with his own piece. Robber

shot twice, clerk shot once. Police apprehend

one of the two suspects and locate one of the

two suspects' pistols in a thorn bush.

Love how the thug frantically scrambles over the counter.

Well.....well....well.....................

Aint dat somethin' ! :rolleyes:

And whar was da pol-ice at da time ? Ummmm , I wonder...............:wacko:

Well.....well....well.....................

Aint dat somethin' ! :rolleyes:

And whar was da pol-ice at da time ? Ummmm , I wonder...............:wacko:

When seconds count, the police are only minutes away. That isn't an indictment of the police, just the nature of things.

His situational awareness is pretty good too. He waited for the thug to stand up so he wouldn't be shooting directly towards the other clerk. Thug stands, he is able to shoot up, over the other clerk who is still curled up on the deck. Good thinking.

Sadly, a lot of times when employees fight back, they get fired. :blink:

The owner of the place said he done good.

I hope Valero doesn't step in and do something stupid.

One reason I carry. You never know when some thug is going to do something stupid.

The owner of the place said he done good.

I hope Valero doesn't step in and do something stupid.

On a chilly December night, John Schultz had just clocked out for a break at the Whole Foods store in Ann Arbor, Michigan. He heard the manager yell there was a shoplifter trying to exit the store. Having been a US Marine, with a sense of duty, John was not about to let this miscreant get away with his crime. Despite being unarmed, John chased the man and caught him outside, trapping him between cars in the parking lot. The thug made a dash and was on the street with John fast on his trail. John caught up to the man and grabbed him by the coat; this was of course off the Whole Foods property. Making a citizens arrest, he held the man for the police, but within moments the manager arrived and ordered John to release the shoplifter. He complied and the thug ran away.

The next day, Christmas Eve, John was called into the office. For doing the right thing, Whole Foods fired this fine young man. It seems they have a policy against “touching” a customer.

I no longer shop at Whole Foods.

Sadly, a lot of times when employees fight back, they get fired. :blink:

I can always look for another job. Can't look for another life.

I can always look for another job. Can't look for another life.

+1

On a chilly December night, John Schultz had just clocked out for a break at the Whole Foods store in Ann Arbor, Michigan. He heard the manager yell there was a shoplifter trying to exit the store. Having been a US Marine, with a sense of duty, John was not about to let this miscreant get away with his crime. Despite being unarmed, John chased the man and caught him outside, trapping him between cars in the parking lot. The thug made a dash and was on the street with John fast on his trail. John caught up to the man and grabbed him by the coat; this was of course off the Whole Foods property. Making a citizens arrest, he held the man for the police, but within moments the manager arrived and ordered John to release the shoplifter. He complied and the thug ran away.

The next day, Christmas Eve, John was called into the office. For doing the right thing, Whole Foods fired this fine young man. It seems they have a policy against “touching” a customer.

I no longer shop at Whole Foods.

Many retailers have a similar policy.

When you get right down to it, it's only merchandise, and seldom more than a couple hundred dollars. A false arrest, assault, or battery claim, on the other hand, can run well into 6 figures. And innocent folks can get hurt. So these stores make a value judgment - if they give up, fine; if they run or resist, let the cops handle it.

I don't agree with firing folks, despite the policy violation, if no one got hurt. Suspend him, re-educate him on policy - but don't take his livelihood.

LL

Many retailers have a similar policy.

When you get right down to it, it's only merchandise, and seldom more than a couple hundred dollars. A false arrest, assault, or battery claim, on the other hand, can run well into 6 figures. And innocent folks can get hurt. So these stores make a value judgment - if they give up, fine; if they run or resist, let the cops handle it.

I don't agree with firing folks, despite the policy violation, if no one got hurt. Suspend him, re-educate him on policy - but don't take his livelihood.

LL

I agree it's only merchandise but....if the criminal element is allowed to commit their outrages with absolute impunity because the populace is cowed by regulations and fear of liability, then society continues to slide downhill.

Sometimes you need to be a sheepdog.

I agree it's only merchandise but....if the criminal element is allowed to commit their outrages with absolute impunity because the populace is cowed by regulations and fear of liability, then society continues to slide downhill.

Sometimes you need to be a sheepdog.

Woof!!! Woof!!!

Regards

:FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

Like Walgreen?

That was another kettle of fish there.

Ok I hope everyone gets what they deserve both the good guys (not fired and a huge raise) and the bad guys (well don't drop the soap boys)

but did anyone notice gas was only 3.15? wow I paid 3.82 today. (I know off topic sorry)

Archived