SASS Wire Forum

Georgia Arms cowboy ammo

Ms Clancy SASS# 46433

Hi

I wanted to ask if anyone has ever used Georgia Arms cowboy ammo before? The Aussie contingent plus a few extras are coming back to WR next year and we are looking for an alternative place to buy our ammo. We normally purchase from Ammo Direct however they are not producing ammo at the moment.

If anyone knows of other manufacturers or makers we would be grateful for some advice

Thanks in advance

Clanc

I load my own so I haven't tried them,but I noticed in the Chroncle Evil Roy is advertising for a company called Powder River Cartridge Company. Its supposed to be loaded for cowboy.

BT

Before I got into reloading I used them all the time in 45lc.

I still do buy their 357SIG ammo for target practice.

But I never had an issue with their ammo.

PR

Been using then for a rear and over 3000 rounds of 39sp 158 flat nose. Only had one round that had a bad primer, a 1000 round box for $210 is not bad.

Major Bill

I wanted to ask if anyone has ever used Georgia Arms cowboy ammo before? The Aussie contingent plus a few extras are coming back to WR next year and we are looking for an alternative place to buy our ammo. We normally purchase from Ammo Direct however they are not producing ammo at the moment.

If anyone knows of other manufacturers or makers we would be grateful for some advice

Thanks in advance

Clanc

Too fast thumbs and not proof reading

Used for a YEAR and 38 sp caliber

Major Bill

Been using then for a rear and over 3000 rounds of 39sp 158 flat nose. Only had one round that had a bad primer, a 1000 round box for $210 is not bad.

Major Bill

Thanks in advance

They are always at the local gun shows around North Florida and I have bought from them since I started cowboy. Though I load my own I still have 500 rounds or so of their ammo in reserve. Have never had a problem, prices are good, when I need non-cowboy ammo I buy from them and they discount if you buy in bulk. Highly recommended. WW

Like Mean Matt, I used their loaded ammo before I started reloading. Now, I use thier lead cast bullets. Good folks and good service. And, if you wind up in Georgia or North Florida, you can place an order to be picked up at a gun show and save the shipping cost. Go to their website to check their gun show schedule.

Other suggestions:

Contact Ten-X Ammunition, another reliable cowboy ammo manufacturer:

http://www.tenxammo.com/tenx_ammo_B.html

Another suggestion is contact Cabelas here in the states and look for any Ultramax cowboy ammo they stock. Ultramax is pretty good ammo, but you cannot buy from them directly unless you are a retailer or gun dealer.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Shooting/Ammunition/Handgun-Ammunition%7C/pc/104792580/c/104691780/sc/104372280/Ultramax-Cowboy-Loads/705288.uts?destination=%2Fcatalog%2Fbrowse%2Fshooting-ammunition-handgun-ammunition%2F_%2FN-1100189%2FNs-CATEGORY_SEQ_104372280%3FWTz_l%3DSBC%253BMMcat104792580%253Bcat104691780&WTz_l=SBC%3BMMcat104792580%3Bcat104691780%3Bcat104372280

Good luck.

Archived