SASS Wire Forum

Boots..

Deja Vous

I bought a pair of oak tree boots a few years back. I have a few western boots like Olathe, Tony,s, Justins.. I seem to wear my moccasins the most and I have earth walker I will weart this winter.. but the oak tree boots are so thin in the sole that I can't wear them on the rocks. They are not very roomy so I can not wear insoles in them. I hope to take them to a good shoe repair person to get new soles added to the bottom to absorb some of the impact. They are kinda girllee so I have not worn them much cuz they hurt after a few hours of moving around, and they look silly on me.. But I might try since I spent the bucks to wear them if I can fix them. Can they glue a sole on the outside bottom? I don't see a lot of room to sew one..

And yes, I know I am being a blabber fingers tonight.. burning up energy..

I used to only wear cowboy boots, wore them, got them resoled and wore them some more. As I got older my feet and calves got bigger to where I can't really wear them any more.

So, what do you wear then?

I wear boots to shoot in, but they are very hard to get on and off, the rest of the time I wear cheap tennis shoes, I'm so bow legged and heavy they wear out quickly. I once bought a pair of high dollar walking shoes that were supposed to last for ever and everything, they wore out faster than the cheap ones.

Hey Deja, you shooitng the GBJL?

Yes I am Grizzes and I can't wait... I am on Posse two .. and they are the best.. and thanks for keeping me busy tonight BTW.. lol

I have my stuff all ready, need to do a bit of ironing, but I am not making anything new this year. I might wear my Black steam punk one night and my silly castaways one day before the shoot.. lol.. Just blabbering.. But for sure Miz Demeaner will be there spewing up BP and pain to me.. lol... I can't wait.. And then I have NV in Dec. to go look around with my pals... I am blessed Grizzes.. I really am.. While I have lost a best friend, I have another to keep my heart filled with humor... Life is pretty darn good ...

I just looked at the schedule for GBJL, you'll get to hear Frederick Jackson Turner, I've always wanted to hear him and Big Red Sky, I hear their music is great and a number of songs are funny cowboy action oriented.

Comin at Cha is my only big match this year, that should be fun and I'll get to meet Monte and Dogwoods Annie among others.

I just looked at the schedule for GBJL, you'll get to hear Frederick Jackson Turner, I've always wanted to hear him and Big Red Sky, I hear their music is great and a number of songs are funny cowboy action oriented.

Comin at Cha is my only big match this year, that should be fun and I'll get to meet Monte and Dogwoods Annie among others.

I have heard him before and his band and he are all very good.. and he is a very nice cowboy too. He is funny and I have this funny sort of side of me.. I love the song "I pray for you" and I plan on asking them to sing it so I hope they know it..

As for Montes and dogwoods.. I can not say enough about them.. they are good people.. and I love them both. The funny part is, Griizes.. I only talked to to Dogwoods I did not really know her.. but I did know Montes.. and the minute I talked with her I knew they were for each other.. So, I sort of made sure they met each other ..and the rest is history... I am so good at match making for other people .. lol... they are the sweetest couple.. you will love them...

old boots

new mocs

old mocs

The boots in this pix are a pair of old rough out cowboys. have had them at least 25yrs. Dont know how many times resoled but are about done for...back seam giving out..

My new mocs are from just north of the border...still workin on breakin em in

the old ones I have had since about 1974, and can't seem to wear them out..

FJT's band is really great. First time we heard them, GramaPhyl fell in love with Marks brother...

see ya at Gunfight.

curley

I luck unto a GOOD Cobbler for my leather soled boots.

He replaced the leather soles with rubber, looks like a factory job.

Curley, how about a link to the vendor for them mocs. They look like they are comfortable and might even fit my gorilla-size feet!

Bama

Pit Bull already asked me fer the link so I just happen to still have it up. They are really nice mocs. (if ya want the old ones, fraid yer outta luck....heheh)

http://store.thewolfden.ca/cgi/thewolfden/37597mens.html?id=Roswmjqm

curley

Grizz,

yer wish is ma command. Here is a video of FJT and the band:

of course, they are waay better in person.

curley

PS: the blonde guy on the right is Marks brother.

Grizz,

yer wish is ma command. Here is a video of FJT and the band:

of course, they are waay better in person.

curley

PS: the blonde guy on the right is Marks brother.

I have had the pleasure of dancing on stage with FJT to this song ;) There may be pics somewhere but no video.

Miz Meg

That would have been cool (well, for you, I don't dance..hehehe)

I waz gonna go up and say hi to you at the SheBang match at 5Dogs, but it seemed you were goin in the opposite direction every time I saw ya....so, here's a belated howdy.

curley

Miz Meg

That would have been cool (well, for you, I don't dance..hehehe)

I waz gonna go up and say hi to you at the SheBang match at 5Dogs, but it seemed you were goin in the opposite direction every time I saw ya....so, here's a belated howdy.

curley

You should have hollered at me! and Howdy back at ya! :)

You should have hollered at me! and Howdy back at ya! :)

well you were busy and I waz busy, but I will catch ya next time. (I have some pix of the SheBang on my webpage:

curley

well you were busy and I waz busy, but I will catch ya next time. (I have some pix of the SheBang on my webpage:

curley

Great pictures!! Are you going to be able to make it this year? Nov. 4-6th.

To get back on the original topic...

Deja - You've got a terrific boot maker right there in Riverside. He can make any style of boot you can think of and they will be custom fitted for your feet. He also does custom boot repair work. Drop by and say howdy to Nick Renick for me.

Renick's Custom Fit Boots

IJ

That is good to know.

Meg

I don't think so (Old Top didn't know about that one....) and I am going to try to get up to Chimney Rock this year.

we will get up some time this year.

curley

I must have missed something I do not remember any references regarding JF. The video clip is Nancy Sinatra.

Yur right.....dat is Nancy Sinatra.........;)

But I still hate.......she who will not ever been named !!! :angry: :angry:

old boots

new mocs

old mocs

The boots in this pix are a pair of old rough out cowboys. have had them at least 25yrs. Dont know how many times resoled but are about done for...back seam giving out..

My new mocs are from just north of the border...still workin on breakin em in

the old ones I have had since about 1974, and can't seem to wear them out..

FJT's band is really great. First time we heard them, GramaPhyl fell in love with Marks brother...

see ya at Gunfight.

curley

Don't know Marks brother... but I have heard him.. and he is pretty good. Old boots are the very best! My tall blue ones are old, hmm so are my justin ropers now days... come to think of it my cowboys boots are all at least 10 years old or more now. See ya there too... I love that place....

I luck unto a GOOD Cobbler for my leather soled boots.

He replaced the leather soles with rubber, looks like a factory job.

I bet they are like walking on clouds!!

rotfl.. Megs you are a nut!! But hey while the guys might like Nancys legs, not so much for me.. lol.. Do you have one of say George Strait dancing in his boots? lol

To get back on the original topic...

Deja - You've got a terrific boot maker right there in Riverside. He can make any style of boot you can think of and they will be custom fitted for your feet. He also does custom boot repair work. Drop by and say howdy to Nick Renick for me.

Renick's Custom Fit Boots

Thanks Ivoys... JJJ"s has told me about him and his great work!!! thanks for the reminder... Hey, see ya at GBJL...

Archived