SASS Wire Forum

Flannel Sheets...

Deja Vous

And Phyllis slept in a chair in front of the open oven door, wrapped in a snuggie bag with an electric blanket around it. :lol: (Talk your way out of having two women sleeping with you.)

Sometimes I wonder which female actually has OWNERSHIP of this place..

curley

You chose wisely Curley!!

Ethan

When we went to the Autry Museum, I waz about to buy this cool zuni fetish, and they had a Pendelton blanket layin there, it was the softest wool I have ever felt in my life. I couldn't justify both pieces, so put the fetish back and got that blanket. Dang it is nice.....

curley

I like 3 sheets in the wind. :lol:

I've been dat way a few times.........:lol:

But not wif fannel dingleberried sheets !! :blink:

And another vote for a cold room to sleep in with good 4 beaver hudson bay wool blanket and a nice down quilt!

the main reason I like winter better than summer is a nice cold room to sleep in

Fer me, I'll take a cool night under da stars anytime over fours walls, heating, and a roof.

But here in MN, I guess it comes wif da territroy.

I like the cool crisp feeling of cotton sheets. And last night we had the coldest night in several weeks. Opened the window and pulled up the quilt. Me and Gracie slept better than we have for a month or so.

curley

I love the smell of sheets brought in for a clothing line in the fall. I use to bury my nose in those to just savor the freshness when I was little. However, as I remember it the jeans were not so wonderful.. lol.. They were pretty stiff... lol

When the frost is on the pumkin, or the pickup, it's time for flannel sez I.

Shirts and sheets. :)

It's 25 here this morning. :blink:

Uh.. Utahs.. at 25 the pumkins has freezer burn... lol

I like wool blankets year round. Crazy Cora hates wool blankets so I use them in the camper. Nothing like rain drops on the roof and nice wool blankets!

I like just about any kind of sheets.

I like quilts, blanket itch and scratch.. but i use them over a sheet under my quilt...

Yer late....

I've had mine on the bed for a couple weeks already....

flannel sheets are the best!

Barney the dog don't like'm much tho, he keeps trying ta get'm off. They is too warm fer him.

JJJ-D

:ph34r::ph34r:

Thats because Barney sleeps in his coat.. Rat doesn't have warm winter coat.. lol

I still have 3 or 4 sets of double bed sheets in nice irish linen that belonged to my gt grandmother they have her monogram and I assume they were part of her hope chest when she got married; I save them for just when I have guests using the old 4 post testor bed as they are a pain to iron but they sure are nice as most of the pillowcases are worn out after more than 90 years I need to sacrifice a sheet to make a couple I guess they sure are nice though

OMGosh... My grandmother had warm flannel sheets, and some very old pretty sheets too.. But she had a "featherbed" that she tosses on top of the mattress... I would sink into that with just my nose sticking out it was so fluffy... The bed was hard, but you never knew it..

And Phyllis slept in a chair in front of the open oven door, wrapped in a snuggie bag with an electric blanket around it. :lol: (Talk your way out of having two women sleeping with you.)

Forties you are so envious of Curleys life style.. lol

COLD room to sleep in?? lol.. Then ya all need to go camping with a certain person I know. She left open the windows for the whole night, but only on HER side of the camper of course, cuz my side would not be effect at all, right? lol... I was so cold that my fingers were blue.. first time I slept with my head under the covers in a long long time.. lol

Could be worse, when I camped with my oldest brother he loves the cold and while I am shivering he is snoring all NIGHT long for my enjoyment.. lol. I kept going camping with him anyhow.. lol

I love the smell of sheets brought in for a clothing line in the fall. I use to bury my nose in those to just savor the freshness when I was little. However, as I remember it the jeans were not so wonderful.. lol.. They were pretty stiff... lol

I think I am considered an eccentric :rolleyes: for I still line dry my washing... only line in the neighborhood and I use arm and hammer unscented to wash them

I think I am considered an eccentric :rolleyes: for I still line dry my washing... only line in the neighborhood and I use arm and hammer unscented to wash them

Right now I can not do that.. but someday again I hope to line dry my sheets so I can enjoy the smell of the great outdoors on them.. Eccentric or not.. lol

I could line dry, just don't have the time. Don't need flannel sheets, well, have a workhorse for a furnace and a big fat purring house cat to sleep on my feet when it's cold.

Well, I have a rat dog.. and she sleeps on my feet, then by my side, then on my tummy, then on my chest, then on my pillow.. ugh.. lol

check for neighborhood covenants when you house shop... when I bought this place it was after 4 months of looking (2 acres and no restrictions zoning or otherwise) and I was amazed at how many developments had rules against things like washing lines, sat tv dishes. type and size of pets, (and these are houses not apartments!!) and parking things outside like trucks and boats and RVs and rules about how often you mowed the lawn even!!

Heck I was retiring and sure did not want to spend the rest of my life fighting with a home owners group led by a woman who was fired as a prison guard for being too strict

check for neighborhood covenants when you house shop... when I bought this place it was after 4 months of looking (2 acres and no restrictions zoning or otherwise) and I was amazed at how many developments had rules against things like washing lines, sat tv dishes. type and size of pets, (and these are houses not apartments!!) and parking things outside like trucks and boats and RVs and rules about how often you mowed the lawn even!!

Heck I was retiring and sure did not want to spend the rest of my life fighting with a home owners group led by a woman who was fired as a prison guard for being too strict

What's a neighborhood? :lol:

Archived