SASS Wire Forum

Holsters with stitched seam at front.

Red Cent

Or reverse made holsters. I "think" I saw some on Cowboy Action Leather. I have been told there was a holster maker in Texas that makes these. I sent an e-mail but as an instant gratification fan, I thought I would ask the Wire. Anybody got one of the rigs? Please send pictures.

Yes I am familiar with them, I remember Safariland used to make a lot of them somewhat similar to that but were more a pancake style. They actually had a rubber sight track along the sight line and one model was very western in design. I made a copy of this holster for my earliest Ruger Super Blackhawk and I am guessing my oldest daughters husband still has the gun and the holster. I guess these would be legal, anyone know for sure?

I also thought of the sight channel but for an additional reason. Some holster makers allow the handgun to not set parallel with the line of the holster. This is not as prevalent with six-guns but would allow easier positioning.

I use 3 screw Blackhawks and they have a tall(er) front sight, as you probably know. I have always wanted a holster that simply wrapped from under the trigger guard (no bulge to hold the revolver with the trigger guard) and around to meet in the front. I want a rather low front cutout allowing the barrel/ejection rod holder to clear but held by the cylinder. And I like the look. I use a standard IPSC drwaw: pull straight up, meet the revolver, push forward and present. I simply want to be sure the sights clear the leather.

I have custom rigs of my design from Mernickle, Kiebler, and factory Liberty model from Brigade Leather. Something about leather.... :)

Almost any holster that will safely retain the revolver.

Doc Noper made me a set of experimental holsters a few years ago with the seam in the front. That design provides access to the front of the trigger guard for off hand transition like no other. The rig I have is a crossdraw config. but you will see what I'm talking about in this pic FORWARD SEAM RIG BY DOC NOPER

Doc Noper made me a set of experimental holsters a few years ago with the seam in the front. That design provides access to the front of the trigger guard for off hand transition like no other. The rig I have is a crossdraw config. but you will see what I'm talking about in this pic FORWARD SEAM RIG BY DOC NOPER

Those look just like the ones I made.

Archived