SASS Wire Forum

Oct Electronic Chronicle

Gold Canyon Kid #43974

Still no emailed electronic copy. Maybe it is time to go back to paper copy. The member only electronic copy sucks as it is hard to read on line and takes a ton of bandwidth to download if you go that way.

Still no emailed electronic copy. Maybe it is time to go back to paper copy. The member only electronic copy sucks as it is hard to read on line and takes a ton of bandwidth to download if you go that way.

Mine did not come yet either.

I think SASS HQ may have overlooked sending the Oct. issue; they have had other things to contend with right now. Someone will call the office or they will get around to sending it soon.

The online version is not as easy to read as a PDF version but it will have to suffice till SASS HQ gets back to 100%, give them some time.

Mine did not come yet either.

I think SASS HQ may have overlooked sending the Oct. issue; they have had other things to contend with right now. Someone will call the office or they will get around to sending it soon.

The online version is not as easy to read as a PDF version but it will have to suffice till SASS HQ gets back to 100%, give them some time.

If you go to the on-line version, you can click on the pdf button at the bottom. That will download an actual pdf copy in a new tab (depending on how your browser is set). That version is much more readable. Still a really big download, so a fast connection helps alot.

If you go to the on-line version, you can click on the pdf button at the bottom. That will download an actual pdf copy in a new tab (depending on how your browser is set). That version is much more readable. Still a really big download, so a fast connection helps alot.

I did download one from the online page last year, the file size was about 5 times larger than the PDF downloaded via SASS email link we normally get. It is clearer and the photos are sharper, I would download the larger file if there were photos published that I wanted to save. The size was about 61Mb vs 12Mb.

Got my email with both on line and download version of CC. Problem is it took forever to download the PDF download version. When done it is 175 MB, even bigger than the on line version Wow! Hope they get this fixed soon.

175 MB!!!!

Took over 20 minutes to download it via a DSL link. Yikes! Even so, I would have eaten up a lot more time trying to look at it on-line. :angry:

Oh, well. It's still great to receive it electronically, especially if I want to go to a URL that is linked in the softcopy. I do recognize the huge amount of effort involved in putting it together. Nice work! :wub:

Warhorse

I just had the opportunity to open my electronic copy - AND I LIKE IT!

I downloaded it once yesterday on my personal computer (high speed cable) and it didn't take much time at all.

I downloaded it today from work (let's just say high-speed is not in the vocabulary - not quite dial-up, but...) and it took about 20 minutes.

BUT!!! I can actually read the articles without having to increase the magnification and the pictures/ads are much clearer. I for one would rather have the increased file size and have a clear view than to go back to the compressed version and have blurry pics.

If they go back to the small file size - I think I will have to call and try to get the paper version of the Chronicle.

I just had the opportunity to open my electronic copy - AND I LIKE IT!

I downloaded it once yesterday on my personal computer (high speed cable) and it didn't take much time at all.

I downloaded it today from work (let's just say high-speed is not in the vocabulary - not quite dial-up, but...) and it took about 20 minutes.

BUT!!! I can actually read the articles without having to increase the magnification and the pictures/ads are much clearer. I for one would rather have the increased file size and have a clear view than to go back to the compressed version and have blurry pics.

If they go back to the small file size - I think I will have to call and try to get the paper version of the Chronicle.

You have always been able to get the big copy on line or even via the email, it is the first link listed. Why make the rest of us with limited bandwidth pay for your enjoyment?

You have always been able to get the big copy on line or even via the email, it is the first link listed. Why make the rest of us with limited bandwidth pay for your enjoyment?

Well Sir - if someone's bandwidth is that limited, maybe they need to receive the paper copy?

As I stated, when I have to download the digital copy at work (be it in an office or onboard a ship underway) I have to "pay the price" for the big copy as well - it takes time.

I would still rather have the larger copy and be able to read the articles without having to magnify them and make them blurry.

I will add, though - thank you. Was not aware you could download a larger .pdf copy from the first link. If the powers that be reduce the file size again, and I can continue to download the big file through the first link, I will still be a happy camper.

Archived