SASS Wire Forum

Who has the best State and Regional Matches

Colt Faro, SASS #54579

The Badlands Bar 3 puts on the best Regional I've ever been to. T Bone and the rest of the Dooley Gang really bend over backwards to make sure EVERYONE is having fun! We are all VIP's at this match!!! Lots of great door prizes and the guns they give away are incredible!!! They nail it on the perfect big match formula.

I'm really looking forward to the Texas State match this year as well. It will be put on by Lonestar and CVV. These folks really know how to put on a fun match as well. Great scenarios, targets and great people!!! Awesome.

WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITES???

While I haven't been to it yet, Heluva Rukus, the New York State Championship is one of the best, if not the best state match from what I have heard from other shooters and seen on the internet.

I am looking forward to The Last Stand, the Florida Championship in January. Everyone I have talked with has really bragged up that match as well.

Locally, Thunder Valley Days in Maryland is an excellent shoot, as is the Mason Dixon Stampede, the NE Regional.

Time and money permitting, I hope to participate at more state and regional matches in the future.

Best regional? CaC would be hard to beat but it is the only one I have been to.

Best State? Ark throws a good one as does Oklahoma. Missouri has the best evening activities of ANY state match I have been to.

How about another category?

Best non-state/non-regional? US Open hands down!

Since I've only shot two of the many fantastic shoots

I've read about in the Chronicle, so I would have to say

the California State Match at 5 DOGS CREEK and the Charro

Valley Regulators match (known as JW shoot in years past).

What a great time for all!

Happy trails

QDG/Mike

My first Comin' At cha this year so we will see where it ranks :)

but I love Hell on Wheels

Had a great time at Colorado State put on by The Thunder Mountain Shootists

Painted Filly

Best State match I've been to is a toss-up between Bordertown,(AZ) and Gunsmoke, (MN)

Best regional was this years Hell On Wheels.

Best annual match, Shootout Under The Midnight Sun, (Alaska)

Marshal Stone

Indiana, Michigan, Florida and Ohio do a fine job for state....Guns of August is a good Regional.

KK

Best State Championship by far Bordertown,Az state championship, 350 shooters and the match fills up in a week, 6 months before the match. Don't know any other match like it. Up CLOSE LARGE targets. Held in Tombstone, Az, how more cowboy can you get? We also really enjoy the Nevada state championship match but have not been able to attend the last couple of years, but plan to do so next year. After shooting Winter Range for the last many years it is hard to get excited about Regional matches.

The Badlands Bar 3 puts on the best Regional I've ever been to. T Bone and the rest of the Dooley Gang really bend over backwards to make sure EVERYONE is having fun! We are all VIP's at this match!!! Lots of great door prizes and the guns they give away are incredible!!! They nail it on the perfect big match formula.

I'm really looking forward to the Texas State match this year as well. It will be put on by Lonestar and CVV. These folks really know how to put on a fun match as well. Great scenarios, targets and great people!!! Awesome.

WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITES???

Only been to one Regional so far. That was CAC. But it is the best match I have ever been to so far.

Been to a few different State Matches. And Texas State when it was at Oakwood Outlaws tops that list.

But like you. REALLY looking forward to this coming years Texas State. Should be great with those folks

putting it on.

Went to Kansas State this year just outside KC. Prince of the Pistoleers. Got to mention it. Because it

was a really good one also. As we are planning on going back for next years POP.

My own state match tops my list for tha best one an I been to several. They were shooter friendly long before it was tha "in thing". Last Stand is also top notch. Love Mule Camp for a regional, "Greatest show on earth". Been to MD stampede many times an GOA they were great also. If they wern't tha match would be moved.

RRR

Best State Championship by far Bordertown,Az state championship, 350 shooters and the match fills up in a week, 6 months before the match. Don't know any other match like it. Up CLOSE LARGE targets. Held in Tombstone, Az, how more cowboy can you get? We also really enjoy the Nevada state championship match but have not been able to attend the last couple of years, but plan to do so next year.

GCK - I think most folks that know me know how much I LOVE Bordertown (unfortunately, life has conspired to keep me away the last couple years).

But since I have been unable to get to Bordertown, and since no one was watching me too closely during steel placement at this years Nevada State Championship, I brought a little taste of Bordertown to Nevada.

If I manage to go unsupervised again next year, I'm pretty sure you will enjoy your return to Nevada.

Well, I have to say that Mule Camp was my favorite regional, and that Hell on Wheels is now my favorite since Mule Camp is gone. HOW had awesome stages. We have only been once (2011), but we loved it. This is a shooters shoot.

As far a State matches. I would have to say North Carolina(great stages and friendly people), Tenn. State ( awesome props and well written stages) and The Last Stand (very fast, close targets, fun stages), in that order.

Dingo and I decided we need to hit more State matches and other Regionals. There are many on our list of things to do.

Sixgun :)

NY State Helluva Ruckus is as good as they get period, good luck getting in. In is so good shooters overnight their entries hoping they get in, that's how good it is! The Last Stand, Orlando ranks right ther too, it is a shooters shoot and has the best shootoff anywhere, I mean anywhere. Huge targets that you can miss so fast you won't believe it. A 4 foot by 8 foot steel plate 15 feet away, and yes you can miss it with rifle or pistol. Memphis is not a state level, but it should be. Well worth the money. Mason Dixon Stampede is a great regional and should be cosidered. All of these are great enjoyable shoots with the best people in SASS.

Heee Haaaa.. Best State MICHIGAN :wub: Besides RJ and Doots,headin up the outfit ya got Ketchup and Faygo puttin alot of sweat and BLOOD ta make the BEST..

Heee Haaa Crazy Mingo :wacko::wacko::FlagAm:

Heluva Ruckus, the NY State Championship is the best state match. If you wait at all when the application comes out, you don't get in. I've been to 11 of them and they get better every single year and it was pretty damn good to begin with.

The mid-west with Ohio, Indiana, and Michigan. These shoots are great matches as far as scenerio's and competition. You won't find any better accross the country. All the shoots put the targets at good distances and the sizes are good as well. You know you've been to a match when you leave these ranges. If you like Winter Range you'd love these matches.

Well I gotta tell ya about Possum Trot over in Winfield Tn. It's the best place I've ever been to. My experience started at the front gate and just got better and better. We all try to make thing happen at a match---the folks at Possum Trot do not try at all, it comes naturally and never stops. Good down home people who care about the shooter and wants us to be welcome on their range.

Well I gotta tell ya about Possum Trot over in Winfield Tn. It's the best place I've ever been to. My experience started at the front gate and just got better and better. We all try to make thing happen at a match---the folks at Possum Trot do not try at all, it comes naturally and never stops. Good down home people who care about the shooter and wants us to be welcome on their range.

2 weeks, TBone

way out west it's got to be the Idaho State match. In your face close, fast, big, left or right options, nice cowboy town and props.

The gang that runs that match want every body to do well. (27% clean shooters) :D

Gotta go with Bordertown, the shoot everyone feels like a champion. I think they're celebrating the 130th anniversary of the OK Corral in town. Fun place with fun folks having a rollicking good time.

I'll add another vote for Heluva Rucus, Rowdy and the crew at the Circle K do an outstanding job every year and somehow manage to improve from last years.If you can make it I think You'll agree.

Archived