SASS Wire Forum

Snow Already

Subdeacon Joe

Yeah looks like the high country will get a few inches this week. Not really unusual from 9,000 ft up this time of year in Colorado. Don't know about Yosemite.

Yeah looks like the high country will get a few inches this week. Not really unusual from 9,000 ft up this time of year in Colorado. Don't know about Yosemite.

It is a bit early. Last year was too. But for, I think, three years before that didn't get snow like that until towards the end of Oct. or maybe mid-November. Some of the ski resorts got their snow machines out yesterday to get them ready. Predictions were for good snow making conditions Thursday morning.

Can't wait until our 1st frost, my allergicals are killing me!!

CPK

Yeah. my wife is suffering. Everybody around here is harvesting their hayfields.

I know I'm strange but I can't wait for snow here.. there is a reason I love minnesota

Snow, I like to look at it.

Never cared much for shoveling it.

Although in MA I had a snowblower and used to help out some of the shovelers in the neighborhood.

They always liked seeing me coming their way.

No time for snow down here in FL. I still like looking at pictures of it though.

Waimea

:FlagAm:

'pears to be snowing in the upper Elkhorn mountains south of me this morning. :(

I've lived here all my life, nigh on 56 years, and I HATE winter. I'm thinking SW Colorado, Arizona, or New Mexico might be a better place to sit out the winter months.

'pears to be snowing in the upper Elkhorn mountains south of me this morning. :(

I've lived here all my life, nigh on 56 years, and I HATE winter. I'm thinking SW Colorado, Arizona, or New Mexico might be a better place to sit out the winter months.

It ain't exactly balmy here in the winter. Try NM. :lol:

HONOLULU is currently showing 78 on the Fahrenheit scale.

Hight today is projected to be 89 and 77 this evening.

BUT, and there is always a but, RAIN /// is in the forecast.

But then it is only 52 degrees here in Woodinville, and we have rain also. I thunk i would rather be

in Honolulu. :blink:

Exactly why I've started to load the 5th wheel and am headed south around the 24th of this month. I can't take this cold wet wather anymore...Snow sucks.

Hellfire

Yup. Our weather here is real consistent. :wacko::rolleyes:

9 am

2 pm

I think they must do something weird to it in California before they send it over here. :P

9 am

2 pm

I think they must do something weird to it in California before they send it over here. :P

Came in through the Golden Gate...must have picked up some fairy dust on the way in.

On the other hand, pretty consistent in Yosemite: http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff30/subdjoe/sentinelsnowPM10-6-11.jpg

On 80 though it is melting away. At least that is what the CalTrans traffic cams show.

Seems to me I heard of some feller named Donner and he had a party around there?

I am still holding out for Honolulu.

No CAS on Oahu that I know of.

Better hold out for Maui. They got a nice range there and shoot CAS 2 times a month.

Waimea (holding out for Maui)

9 am

2 pm

Looks pretty good both ways . . . but . ... whur is yur pet "yard deer" ? :huh:

Looks pretty good both ways . . . but . ... whur is yur pet "yard deer" ? :huh:

Brought em inside. They're sitting by the fire. :lol:

Looks like a nice weekend here, temps might hit a record of 84 on Sunday. Yesterday there was visibility of 120 miles at Mt Washington. Mt. W is fogged in more than 60% of the time.

For a webcam view of Mt Jefferson, Adams, and Madison -- as well as access to other webcam views:

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/cam/north/

No CAS on Oahu that I know of.

Better hold out for Maui. They got a nice range there and shoot CAS 2 times a month.

Waimea (holding out for Maui)

Well, sir, Maui is a HARD SELL. But I see your point and I am agreeable to change, so I will accept Maui.

Ok everybody, forget Honolulu, we are going to Lahaina for the winter.

Weather man says it is currently 75 degrees Fahrenheit right now.

BUT, and there is always a but, it is partly cloudy. I do not know which part.

That's reel good of ya to take 'em inside on those chilly mornings,.... :wacko:;)

They are not allowed on the furniture though! You have to draw the line somewhere.

I know I'm strange but I can't wait for snow here.. there is a reason I love minnesota

Dat's an understatement !!

I HATE da snow ! But da wife don't want to move !!

(D-I-V-O-R-C-E !! )

It's been in the 70's and down to the 50's at night, great sleepin weather and beautiful sunny days for the last week and it's gonna last for another 4-5 days...right here on the North Coast!B)

We'll git plenty of snow but NOT YET!:D

Archived