SASS Wire Forum

Texicans, Eye WTB Reclaimed Shot?

Come On Christmas

A magnet works for steel debris. A water bath works to float light debris to the top - grass, twigs, etc. Rocks & dirt, I dunno... maybe some kind of winnowing process? Vibrating tub? Some kind of dense fluid that lead will sink in, but rocks won't? Prell shampoo?

I don't know how Texas does it but here a lot of us get it from the local trap/skeet club. They mine it, clean it, and bag it up. A lot less than new.

Safe trails,

CKid

FWIW, I read an article on another shotgun forum about reclaimed shot. Fellow had some impressive pictures of debris in the shot. Sand, small rocks and even dirt embedded in the shot itself.

For my money, I would not use it for anything other than melting down to make bullets and skim

off the dross. My shotguns are too precious to me to do some damage with cheap shot.

I know that chilled shot is getting pricy, but so is everything else. Just my take on the matter.

They are your guns, do what seems best.

I was looking online for same yesterday,and one source that sounded like they really cleaned the stuff up was maybe..mabye..3 bucks a bag less than new.for that,I'll drive the 6 lbocks to my lgs and just buy a bag.

I've been ordering from J & S Wholesale

(209) 223-3091

Ask for Ken

but they ship in bulk

my minimum order is 1,000 pounds

Coffee

Archived