SASS Wire Forum

Missouri Boat Ride

Red Rider Rudy

Howdy Pards, who else is going to the Missouri Boat Ride next weekend? This is a great lttle shoot! :) If you want to have fun and a good time you need to make it to this match!!!!!!!!!!! Great Folks put this on!!!!!!!!!!!!!! See ya there!!!!!!!!!!!

We used to go to this when they had it during Labor Day weekend. It's a great shoot. Just sorry we can't go this time of year. It's a farmer thing.

Hope you all have a great time!!

I will be there, makin smoke and fire.

Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee

I had to miss this one last year, but my right shoulder is healed and ready for this year.

The boatride is just the 1st. in a three week Missouri shooting event.

The next weekend is Hanging Tree in St. Roberts.

The weekend after that is The Show-Me shootout in Branson.

3 Weekends in a row not to miss in the Show-Me State

Howdy Pards, who else is going to the Missouri Boat Ride next weekend? This is a great lttle shoot! :) If you want to have fun and a good time you need to make it to this match!!!!!!!!!!! Great Folks put this on!!!!!!!!!!!!!! See ya there!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Triple R,

Where is it held, please?

There are lots of Great people going to be there. We are planning on a wonderful time. Jump in if you can, the more the merrier.

Dang, that's close enough for me to go. What about spectators/visitors? I still ain't been out for a look-n-see. I'm actually free this weekend except for bowhunting with the boys. Been wanting to stop off at my friends' at Bucksnort in Blackwater to visit their store. Ain't been since New Years Day.

Bodine

Well I reckon I'll make tentative plans to come on up. It'll be good to see what goes on at a shoot and I'll get to see the progress on the 1880's saloon that my friend is re-creating in Blackwater on the way. They got a nice store next door also with lotsa cowboy clothes and other goodies. I won't let my missus know what I'm up to though. ;)

Is the trail marked pretty good or should I get a map to the range?***Never mind, I found the directions on the site and am going to e-mail for particulars, thanks!

Bodine

Fayette, Mo. Moniteau Creek River Raiders. Here's a link to their website.

http://moniteaucreekriverraiders.com/

Howdy Titus, Thanks for posting the link! Can't wait for the weekend to get here!!!! R.R.R.

Well I reckon I'll make tentative plans to come on up. It'll be good to see what goes on at a shoot and I'll get to see the progress on the 1880's saloon that my friend is re-creating in Blackwater on the way. They got a nice store next door also with lotsa cowboy clothes and other goodies. I won't let my missus know what I'm up to though. ;)

Is the trail marked pretty good or should I get a map to the range?***Never mind, I found the directions on the site and am going to e-mail for particulars, thanks!

Bodine

Howdy Bodine, if you haven't been to a shoot yet. This would be a good one to come and watch! You'll have a good time and get to meet some great folks!

Good shoot! Look up: Black Angus, Shoshone Slim, Fingers McGee, Titus A. Gnatsass, and whatever you do make sure you find Katie Scarlette(that's worth the trip).

It is an annual. Do they allow late entries?

It is an annual. Contact Prairie Dawn about late entries bevdon@osageconnect.net

Dang, that's close enough for me to go. What about spectators/visitors? I still ain't been out for a look-n-see. I'm actually free this weekend except for bowhunting with the boys. Been wanting to stop off at my friends' at Bucksnort in Blackwater to visit their store. Ain't been since New Years Day.

Bodine

Visitors always welcome Bodine. C'mon over.

Thanks Noz. That means you and Sweet Lori will be coming! It will be a great start for everyone. Boat ride at Fayette, Last Man Standing at COWS in St. Robert, Missouri State Shootout at Branson the third week. WOW we are going to be having so much fun, no rest for the wicked or CAS in this area. I understand many of our good friends from the East are coming. Noz, Doc Hurd will be with me. Not that keeps me from having fun. He cuts lose once in awhile and shocks a few. (Coyote Kate and Lady Cheyenne will be there and can explain that!) Looks like we will be having perfect weather so the cowboys from the past are pulling for us. Hope to see everyone, don't miss this shoot!

P.S. Titus and Fannie can't make this one. They will be missed greatly.

Fayette, Mo. Moniteau Creek River Raiders. Here's a link to their website.

http://moniteaucreekriverraiders.com/

Dang it.

This cheesehead is actually going to be to far SOUTH to shoot this one ! Going to be at Fairfield Bay in central Arkansas. Maybe next year.

Thanks for the info.

Nope, not gonna make it. Working 12-14 hr days, 6-7 days a week right now. But if you do get the chance, this is a fun shoot! Lotsa great folks, fun, food, etc. You won't be sorry ya went!

We'll miss you Titus. But, you can send Fannie :lol:

We'll miss you Titus. But, you can send Fannie :lol:

Not a chance! Last time she and Katie Scarlett and Goldie Lu took off in the Luv Machine without me, well let's just say it cost me. :huh: Mobile RV service in Sparta, IL. You know that ain't cheap! :blink:

Do wish we could make it. Busy time at work, grand daughter due in a couple of weeks(or sooner), Possum Trot and CAC just around the corner. And to top it all off, Fannie has found a new house she thinks we can't live without. I can't even catch my breath.

Thanks Noz. That means you and Sweet Lori will be coming! It will be a great start for everyone. Boat ride at Fayette, Last Man Standing at COWS in St. Robert, Missouri State Shootout at Branson the third week. WOW we are going to be having so much fun, no rest for the wicked or CAS in this area. I understand many of our good friends from the East are coming. Noz, Doc Hurd will be with me. Not that keeps me from having fun. He cuts lose once in awhile and shocks a few. (Coyote Kate and Lady Cheyenne will be there and can explain that!) Looks like we will be having perfect weather so the cowboys from the past are pulling for us. Hope to see everyone, don't miss this shoot!

P.S. Titus and Fannie can't make this one. They will be missed greatly.

Nope, pulling my horns in a little. Gonna go to Possum Trot then CAC.

Nope, pulling my horns in a little. Gonna go to Possum Trot then CAC.

Well, it'll be hard; but, we'll have fun without you :P

Any of ya'll ever been over to Blackwtaer, MO. to see the 1880's Bucksnort Saloon yet? Gerald and Connie are great folks, if you have time to slip over there it's worth the trip. If you want some great photo's this is the place to get some. I hope to be able to make it up there to the shoot and stop of in Blackwater along the way. It might be something to think about contacting them for special events? I am sure they would love to have a Saloon full of Cowboys and Girls!

bucksnort_trading@yahoo.com

Hope to see ya'll there.

Bodine

Bodine, I have had several Root Beers in the saloon. With the south Fork Regulators we have proformed on the streets a couple of times this summer.

\

Great Place and even better people.

Wel dangitt- "The best laid plans of mice and men..."

Sorry I "missed the boat" again. It's harvest time and my neighbor had an emergency with his combine and needed my welding/fabrication skills early Saturday morning. I wanted to come up this morning but I was just too sore to get around early enough. Ain't as easy clibing around on/under farm equipment as it use to be. Flipping that welding hood down really worked on my neck too. Wish I had one of them fancy auto-darkening ones, but then I'd have to buy batteries.

Anyhow, I was planning on it but I'm the only guy in the "neighborhood" with welding services available on weekends, (or weekdays unless you wanna pay for a portable outfit to come out to the feild! :wacko: ) Seems like I ain't ever gonna get out to do any of this. I'm about to give up altogehter and just quit playing at all. ^_^

Hope everyone had a safe and fun time of it.

Bodine

Sorry you couldn't make it Bodine. Guess we'll have ta meet you some other time.

Fingers (Show Me MO smoke)McGee

Archived