SASS Wire Forum

Awesome Cactus Jack SASS #623

Confederate Colt

Awesome Cactus Jack my father passed away this evening. It was sudden, the family was not expecting anything.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact by emial confederatecolt@yahoo.com or cell phone (352) 222-4214.

SO SORRY TO HEAR THAT !

I PRAY YOUR DAD KNEW JESUS CHRIST AND YOU WILL SEE HIM AGAIN !

LORD JESUS I PRAY YOU ARE WITH THIS FAMILY AND WALK WITH THEM ON THIS JOURNEY !

GOD BLESS THE USA !!!

The back roads of Florida, Georgia and South Carolina will be less traveled now with the loss of Cactus Jack. Cactus Jack passed away this afternoon October 1st, 2011. The roads will seem less joyful knowing that my friend has been called away. He and his son Confederate Colt were two of many Cowboys that showed my son’s and me what the true meaning of the Cowboy Way really mint.

What I will miss the most about Jack is his big smile. He treated everyone as if they were a long lost friend. The first match my son Badlands Drifter ever shot with Jack was at Ft White’s Annual a few years ago. Drifter was having trouble with his six gins and Jack fixed them over night so Drifter could shoot. But, that was Jack!

I will miss my friend!

But when the sky’s over Florida start to get dark and the thunder starts to roll across the heavens, and lightning starts to dance across the skies. I know its Jack running another Black Powder Match up in Heaven.

Do you think he’ll let God win this one?

I am a better man for knowing Cactus Jack.

Wigley

Colt, so sorry to hear my friend. Cactus and Colt were the first folks we met when Foxy & I started shooting. We've been good friends since. I am so at a loss with this, I will miss my friend.

Cardboard Cowboy

I will miss him forever!!

There is a big hole in our hearts and in SASS.

Cowboy shooting without Cactus Jack...it will never be the same!!!!!!!

May God watch over you and all of us in these sad days ahead.

Bad Hombre & Quicksdraw Connie

Confederate Colt

This is a very sad day for SASS and the Florida SASS community.

I just don't know what to say. Shooting with you and your dad was always a pleasure. Jack always was of great humor, slightly warped humor.....but I like that in a person. I know that I will miss him greatly. I am proud to say I was lucky enough to have known him and to have been considered a friend. I'll bet that right now he is bending General R.E. Lee's ear off.

My sincerest condolences to you and your entire family.

Cypress Sun

Guest Chance Ramsay, SASS#18962

A great loss for the everyone. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your Mom.

Chance, Chancey Lady & Dynamite Deed

Prayer up from Texas for you and your family and all of your dad's friends.

Thank you to everyone for there thoughts and prayers. The way that cowboys watch out for one another and the friendship that are forged is one of the reason that he loved the sport as much as he did.

I will keep everyone up to date as the arrangement come together. We currently know the "wheres" we just dont know the "whens".

Prayers said for Awesome Cactus Jack and his kin.

MG

My heartfelt condolences to you and your family. I'll get him on the Memorial Website as soon as possible.

I am extremely sorry to hear of your Dads passing. You and your Dad both have been not only helpfull, but genuinely nice guys to be around. My prayers go out to you and your family.

I will miss him very much. He and I competed in Frontiersman often and he was not only a great competitor, but a friend who always helped out. The Last Stand, Ides, and all the other matches will not be the same without his enthusiasm, kind nature, and wit. I'll see him again, I know, and we will both be in swirls of smoke, laughing.

Confederate Colt

So sorry to hear of your dad's passing.

Awesome Cactus Jack sold me my first shotgun when I was just starting, seems like only a few days ago, and yet it was really 3 years ago. Gave me a heck of a deal too.

Ride easy, Cactus Jack.

Waimea

:FlagAm:

I have no idea what to say except you have my heart felt condolences. I just really came to know you and your dad over the last couple of years - the name says it all, he was an awsome guy. Big smile, always interested in how I was doing. I just bought that Browning from him a couple of weeks ago and I will always remember him when I handle it.

I hope you are holding up ok. If there is anything we can do, just let me know.

Dang It Dan, Dang It's Darlin'.

Colt, I am sooooo very sorry to hear of your tremendous loss. I had someone video me shooting his stage at the last stand this year and his humor really showed thru...

LORD GOD I beg of you to please comfort this family on their loss. May they receive your peace that passeth all understanding. Help to heal their hearts o Lord and fill their minds with fond memories. amen

Colt, It was fun last Fort White match to shoot with you & your dad he really impressed me shooting that crazy target on stage 1.I didn't really know your dad except for casual conversation and being on same posse but it was a pleasure for sure.I think it was cool that you & your dad had a hobby that you could do together & have fun with.

Condolences from Arcadia Outlaw & Wildcard Willow

Colt, your Dad was an amazing competitor is this game we all love so much. As good as he was at it he was even more Awesome as a Father, Husband, friend and a great mentor to many in SASS. While I will certainly miss Jack at every match I will shoot again, I will take comfort in seeing him in you and know that he is there, happy for us all to continue on in the true cowboy way.

Condolences from me and Schoolmarm.

Sorry for your loss. Prayers on the way for a little peace and comfort during this time. Sincerely

Tonic

CC

I want to add my condolences. You and Cactus Jack were quick to befriend me, as I know you were so many others, and so made the sport of cowboy action shooting so much more inviting. May you and your family always remember and cherish the time you had with him.

Cassalong Hopidy

Colt, My condolences to you and your family. It was quite a shock to hear about Cactus Jack. He was always so much fun to posse with and to shoot with. I will certainly miss him.

Cypress Sam

Colt...

Your Dad was really a great guy and a credit to our sport..and I know a great Dad. Always a big smile and greeting when we would meet on the range. I know you will carry his banner well down the trail.

Miss Sassy and I pray for the family, and know you can rest assured of his home in heaven.

Johnny The Kid

Archived