SASS Wire Forum

Ooopppsss

In today's paper was an article about an attempted robbery of a conveinience store in one of the more safer areas of town. Seems this crook walked into the store with a full length shotgun, pointed it at the guy behind the counter. "Give me the money( explitive)!" Clerk promptly grabbed the gun from the guy's hands and commenced beating him with it. Crook finally ran outside where the clerk beat him some more and finally fell injuring his back. Crook escaped, minus the shotgun. Clerk is a Lebanese christian who at one point was a member of the Lebanese Special Forces. BIG fella! :rolleyes::blush:

I got a good chuckle out of that one.....too bad there wasn't film footage of that one...

See ya soon Buck

Cheyenne

Hopefully we'll see it someday on TruTV's "World's Dumbdest Criminals"

Yeah... where are the behind-the-counter cameras when you really need them? That would be a hoot to see...

Yeah... where are the behind-the-counter cameras when you really need them? That would be a hoot to see...

Luc Borgia; I like your name. I don't think you took it from "HER" so I'm guessing you name sake is Buffalo Bills

Needle Gun "Lucretia Borgia" which is in the BBHC in Cody WY. Just sayin'

Big Jake

That shotgun looks more like a .22 auto to me. Good work in any case!

Reminds me of a story once (I THINK in one of Jeff Cooper's articles) where a booger tried to rob several old touristy type guys. Only problem was they were WWII Marines, and at least one was carrying a 1911. You can guess the outcome.

JHC

Reminds me of a story once (I THINK in one of Jeff Cooper's articles) where a booger tried to rob several old touristy type guys. Only problem was they were WWII Marines, and at least one was carrying a 1911. You can guess the outcome.

JHC

A few years ago a young thug with a knife tried to rob an older gentleman outside a Safeway in Santa Rosa, CA. The gentleman had toured various islands in the Pacific courtesy of the USMC in the early 1940s. He tried to warn the thug off. Young guy didn't take the advice. The gentleman dropped his bag of groceries (and maybe his cane) and kicked the wannabe in the knee and crotch, picked up his groceries, went home and called the police.

JHC

I reminds me of story I read about years ago where an older Asian feller with a cane got accosted by a couple punks looking to mug him. Unbeknownst to the muggers, said old feller Asian with a cane had been in the Filipino resistance during WW2. When the police arrived the punks were stretched out on the ground needing medical attention. When asked how he did it, he explained he just pretended that he was back in the Philippines in the '40's and they were Japanese.

there was a video on the news last year where a woman clerk in a mini mart was being held up--the guy had his hand in his pocket to resemble the presence of a gun I think, and said gimme yer money. she was sweepin the floor and got so angry she beat him with the broom and ran him out of the store!

In the UK they refer to these sorts of do it your self policing as "have a go Heroes" :lol:

Hmmm, a coworker of mine had to work in Australia for three months in the 70s. He said he kept meeting women who said "'Ave a go?" Do you think they wanted to fight?

Archived