SASS Wire Forum

Dress made from Nazi flag reveals owner’s past as spy

Subdeacon Joe

Yeah the SOE was a Brit organization.The Danish underground assisted the SOE, passing on intelligence and late in the war running some sabotage operations. Denmark was kind of weird being occupied by Germany but never declaring war.

The Reichstag was liberated by the Russians and the Reichstag was a bombed out shell. I doubt there was a flag flying anywhere.. Her boyfriend may have been shining her on about where he got the flag. I won't even address Hermann Goehring's mercedes.<_<:lol:

Yeah SOE was one of Churchill's pet projects to disrupt the AXIS by training and supplying local resistance units all over Europe, the reference to the country meant she was operating there as part of SOE.

There were some incredible stories of people who did unbelievable acts of courage working for SOE its worth looking into some of them, just to realise how desperate times were then.

SOE Wikipedea

Cheers

Lazy Dave

When I was in Bamberg Germany in the early 1960s there was a Mercedes touring car with the chauffeur separated from the passengers for sale. It was in a shed near the US Compound and was commonly called Goering's car. It was heavily shot up by what appeared to be 50 cal bullets. It was heavily armoured so most of the impacts were of minimal damage. They wanted a very small amount of money for it($5000 or so) but it would have cost as much as a small house to get it shipped back to the states.(Very, very heavy) When I left in 1966 it was still there.

Bamberg in that time was unusual in that the residents were almost to an individual loyal to Hitler. They felt like he was misunderstood by the US. They also believed that Josef Goebbels was the evil in the Nazi regime. He was the power behind the throne and the instigator of many of Hitler's most heinous efforts. They pointed with pride to all of the public works that Hitler had initiated for the benefit of the people.

Strange times.

I suspect that there are some pockets in Germany today that do not believe that WW II is over.

Some of the more remote villages in the alps.

I kind of doubt it. The alpine towns have been linked by roads since the middle areas. And the Germans are techno savvy. Even the isolated farms have the internet. They probably would have noticed the lack of both Schickelgruber's speeches and formations of B-17s by now. ;)

Now the pacific...that's another story.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

All of the GIs at Garmisch-Partenkirchen might be a dead giveaway too.

Now there are still some geezers who are not happy about the outcome and won't accept responsibility but that's another subject. ;)

Archived