SASS Wire Forum

Ruthless Memorial shoot

Cheyenne Culpepper 32827

This past weekend was the Ruthless memorial shoot, named in her honor, "Celebrate my Celebration". The only thing that would have made the weekend better is if Ruthless herself had been there in person. The cooks at OVV did a wonderful job again, Everything the whole weekend went smoothly tho many tears were shed, I am sure it would meet her approval. What a marvelous bunch of folks we have in cowboy action shooting.

Cheyenne

WOW, what a moving, fun, emotional day!

Got about 100 shooters for the shoot.

I shot black powder as usual (Ruthless loved black powder) and my Henry Rifle cuz Ruthless was so tickled at our "Henry Posse" When DJ, Buffy & me shot Black Powder Classic Cowboy with our Henry Rifles.

Many stayed late for the Memorial Service, dinner, & celebration.

Touching, moving, service.

Ruthless stories were at every table as we remembered a cowgirl who lit up every shoot she went to & was just the epitome of what the Spirit of the Game is all about.

And the "buy a Miss" tickets raised $1005 for the Hospice in Columbus where Ruthless spent her last days.

What a great idea & the OVV Cowboys & Cowgirls were extra-generous!

Thanks to those who worked so hard to make this happen.

DJ -- remember that we're here for you pard.

--All of us!

--Dakota & the Dawg

Absolutely incredible. I think for DJ to see the large turn out of support and love for both Ruthless and himself will go a long way to help him to start moving forward! I thank everyone that came, some from quite far away! It was good to see so many of hers and DJ's family members come. There were also a good number of her friends from outside the cowboy family! Kind of cool to see both sides of her life mingle together! I think they were in awe of the love and closeness of the cowboys! Ruthless will forever be immortalized in our hearts. It has been, and forever will be so different not having her with us at shoots, the camper seems so emty. Good by my dearest friend, love you.

Renew their Strength

"They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary, and they shall walk and not faint." Isaiah 40:31

With Wings as Eagles

Sometimes, life can seem like a heavy burden, and it is difficult even to get out of bed in the morning...

God of life, I reach out to You for help! On my own, I cannot walk through the days, and I need You to hold me up and keep me from fainting. Renew me in Your strength. Breathe Your hope into my spirit, that I might believe that my heavy heart will again run and even rise up and fly on eagles' wings. Let the light of Your healing love shine into the deep hurt and the dark places in my heart. In the name of Jesus, the Lord of love, I pray. Amen

DJ, family and friends--I wanted to send you a scripture and a prayer for time like these...and to let you know that I am praying with you, day by day!

Love, Millie

We had a great time on Saturday.. although it was so weird, I found myself looking around for Ruthless. It was great to see DJ and give him a big hug.. The Ruthless banner was great! She will be missed.. I will think of her at every shoot I attend...

Thank you to Doc Ells, Private Parts, Saddlebags, Liza and the rest of the crew.. you all are doing a great job.. Thank you for being there for DJ and OVV..

Bubba

Renew their Strength

"They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary, and they shall walk and not faint." Isaiah 40:31

With Wings as Eagles

Sometimes, life can seem like a heavy burden, and it is difficult even to get out of bed in the morning...

God of life, I reach out to You for help! On my own, I cannot walk through the days, and I need You to hold me up and keep me from fainting. Renew me in Your strength. Breathe Your hope into my spirit, that I might believe that my heavy heart will again run and even rise up and fly on eagles' wings. Let the light of Your healing love shine into the deep hurt and the dark places in my heart. In the name of Jesus, the Lord of love, I pray. Amen

DJ, family and friends--I wanted to send you a scripture and a prayer for time like these...and to let you know that I am praying with you, day by day!

Love, Millie

Thank you for the prayer Millie for all of us will refer back to it on and off. I don't know of any shooting sport that has the top quality friend-ships that we have in Cowboy shooting. We were all with a heavy heart and the memorial helped to show all the love that Ruthless had for us. They had a movie that showed all the fun things that she and DJ did with friends and family. It was priceless. DJ has so many good friends that will keep him going. Thats the Cowboy way. DJ we love you.

Ol Short and Twosons

I wish I could have been there. Know that there are far more cowfolks who are in the same boat with me.

Again, peace and comfort to DJ and family.

Thanks to you that made it for participating and for expressing what we all feel!

Archived