SASS Wire Forum

Howdy!

Visalia Jake

Hello the fire!

Just wanted to introduce myself as I just joined the wire today. I've been skulking around here on and off for years and finally decided to jump in! I've been around shooting and shootin' irons since I was a boy, been reenacting the War of Northern Aggression for over 20 years, and believe that the art of gunmaking reached its peak right around 1873. I'm still collecting the irons I need but I have a brand new Cimarron Cavalry 7 1/2" in .45 LC, a black powder 1858 Remington (looking for a conversion cylinder), and a sxs 20g hammer gun. (It's chambered for 2 1/2" shells so I need to find a source for ammo)

I live in Northern Ky along the licking and not too far from a few different SASS clubs. As a reenactor I've been shooting blanks (no pun intended) for 20 years and I look forward to fling some lead downrange! I've read many articles and seen several videos of CAS and can't wait to join in!

Looking forward to meeting all of you,

Visalia Jake

Welcome Jake, before you spend one more dime on guns, leather..etc... start going to as many local matches as you can find. Most folks are more than willing to let you try thier gear, you'll save a ton of money (and trouble) if you try before you buy. Good Luck :)

Jefro :ph34r: Relax-Enjoy

Welcome to the fire, Amigo. Did reenacting myself.

This is more fun. Live ammo and no drilling. :lol:

Howdy back at ya, and Welcome. Best thing to do is go hang out at a couple of shoots. You will learn a lot as most folks will offer you to join in and shoot. Most every one is very friendly!!!!

Welcome!! There are lots of great clubs in your (our) area. Go to some matches and get ready to have a ball!! (And a BLAST!!)

Thanks for the hospitality! I'm headed to Hooten Old Town in Mckee, Ky next weekend to lay eyes on some shooting firsthand.Not spending much more for awhile. There are some deals around but I've gotta go slow due to economic and marital reasons. Allie, you gave me a shake there... I thought you meant Sacramento, KY, where I have some friends who surely would have told me of clubs in that area. Your Visalia is nice I hear, but mine was here first. Same founder though.

Thanks again all, for the welcome!

Archived