SASS Wire Forum

Anyone seen a

Slowhand Bob, 24229

The Henry Trapper models in 45 have been out for a spell now and I have not read about or seen any yet. I know that it might be considered and odd duck by many but I am thinking a new Henry in 45 with the short barl might make an interesting side kick for my old 44-40 cc steal frame model. No one seems to catalogue these but Uberti USA, are they still available and what is the inside info here?

I've owned two of them.

Sold both last spring/summer, after I bought a transitional Henry from Happy Trails.

They hold 9 1/2 rounds.

The 45 will run well with schofield cases & will hold 10.

But I don't shoot smokeless & I don't like 45s with black powder.

So.....as much as I liked shooting it, I sold it.

The 44-40 -- no way to make it work without 1 reload each stage, so I sold it too.

Too bad cuz they are sweet-handling guns.

So, I'm back to 2 Henry rifles in 44-40.

One military model & the transitional.

Would like to pick up a steel framed Henry some day.

--Dawg

Gamer Henry would be a trapper with one of AJ's carriers for the 45 CS. No problem getting 10 of those lil bitty critters in.

If Uberti had a savvy new project manager they would be workin' hard on a factory 45 CS Henry trapper. Also some 66 & 73 carbines and short rifles. Wouldn't hold me breath for any of that, but a custom trapper is imminently do-able right now if the carriers are in stock.

Gamer Henry would be a trapper with one of AJ's carriers for the 45 CS. No problem getting 10 of those lil bitty critters in.

If Uberti had a savvy new project manager they would be workin' hard on a factory 45 CS Henry trapper. Also some 66 & 73 carbines and short rifles. Wouldn't hold me breath for any of that, but a custom trapper is imminently do-able right now if the carriers are in stock.

It's been done. I think the shorter, lighter Henry would be a hoot.

AJ, I have decided to sell a few toys and this is one of the projects that would get sponsored from that. I still have an unused '66/73 short carrier, left from a past failed project, but if I remember correctly it will not work in the Henry. I have used bp .44spec rifle loads before without cleanup problems. I like the looks of my 'Iron' frame model better but the brass doesnt look half bad when you get rid of the shine and turn it to a more bronz like look. Wonder if the Henry with a short carrier would respond well to an action job? Guys this would mate up perfectly to a pair of Avenging Angels! THINK, a post Civil War assassin righting the wrongs of the Kansas Red Legs.

Lone Dog & Bob,

I have a very rare 16" barrel Henry Trapper chambered in .45. It would only hold 8 rounds of .45 Colt. With AJs carrier, it now holds 10 plus of AJs Cowboy 45 Special cases. My standard 24" Henry will hold 18. That is a real HOOT.

AJs short carrier for '66 & "73 WILL work in a Henry, it'll just look a little funny at the bottom from the outside.

You'll need to use short 160Gr bullets.

Coffinmaker

Hey Coffinmaker:

You bringing it to Tusco next week?

I'd love to see it

--Dawg

Well right now I am broker than than the current admisistration and that is why I plan to sell several guns but just for snickers anyone seen the short Henry in 45 for sale recently and what was the actual selling price? And no I have not checked the auction sights yet.

Sometimes half breed bring the best of two worlds together and sometimes its the worst of both worlds, how do you rate this half breed as a bp match shooter?

Archived