SASS Wire Forum

Henry Rifles

Subdeacon Joe

GOOD OLD AMERICAN MADE PRODUCTS !!

(IM GLAD THEY WAS NOT ARMED WITH CHEEP STEEL MADE ITALIAN GUNS LOL )

WE NEED TO KEEP AMERICANS WORKING! AND BUY MARLIN,RUGER,COLT,SMITH AND WESSON ! ! !

GOD BLESS THE USA !!!

WE NEED TO KEEP AMERICANS WORKING! AND BUY MARLIN,RUGER,COLT,SMITH AND WESSON ! ! !

GOD BLESS THE USA !!!

Just FYI, both the Union and the Confederacy used foreign made firearms during the Civil War, and the current "Henry Big Boy" has no lineage to the Civil War "Henry" other than the name.

Yup. Both armies were well supplied with English Enfields and European muskets.

And I'll stack my cheap Italian made Henry up against an American Big Boy any day. :lol:

After hearing some of the horror stories over on the Marlin forum, I am sure happy I got mine some years ago. There is some doubt in some quarters that they have so many QC problems that they have suspended production to work it out. I don't know that for fact and it is second or third hand. So do what you want with it. :blush:

I buy American when I can but I sure do love my Smoke Wagons and my 73 rifles and also my chinese made TTN shotgun.:) Rye

I have an 1860 militry model Henry in 44-40 and a 1866 Henry in 45LC.

Both are Eyetalian made and shoot like a dream.

After all da horror stoires I heard bout Marlin, I think I'll keep shootin and buyin' Henrys.

Interesting turn this took. From period accounts of the performance of the Henry almost instantly to discussion about the pros and cons of the modern version.

Of course, I have never diverted any threads anywhere myself. Nope, nope. :rolleyes:;)

quote name='Subdeacon Joe' timestamp='1316794751' post='2276588']

I found this on a Civil War message board:

The Henry Repeating Rifle as told by those that used it.The Henry Repeating Rifle:The Weapon of Choice!Usage of the Henry Repeating RifleIn the Civil War 1861-1865Compiled by: Andrew L. Bresnan

Some interesting accounts there.

Andy Bresnan is a friend of mine, life member of SASS and goes by the alias Buffalo Buck. He was part of the founding members of the Long Nine Cowboys from Springfield IL and has taught History to high school students for many,many years. On top of that, he is a super nice guy!

Long Nine Cowboys

:lol: And yet another diversion!

Andy Bresnan is a friend of mine, life member of SASS and goes by the alias Buffalo Buck. He was part of the founding members of the Long Nine Cowboys from Springfield IL and has taught History to high school students for many,many years. On top of that, he is a super nice guy!

Long Nine Cowboys

Please pass on my thanks to him, if you would be so kind.

Most Union Generals, being prepared to fight the last war as usual, did not want to put a repeater in the hands of the troops who would only "waste ammunition". :wacko:

SORRY DID NOT MEAN TO STEP ON YOUR POST !

GOD BLESS THE USA !!!

• 2 weeks later...

After hearing some of the horror stories over on the Marlin forum, I am sure happy I got mine some years ago. There is some doubt in some quarters that they have so many QC problems that they have suspended production to work it out. I don't know that for fact and it is second or third hand. So do what you want with it. :blush:

I heard this back in August, so I gave them a call - As of the end of the work day, Friday, August 12, the 1894 and 1895 line was "temporarily" and indefinitely suspended, pending addressing some quality control issues. There will be no more made for at least the remainder of 2011, and there is no projected time line for reintroduction, if ever.

Upon hearing this, I got on the phone and bought the last two 1894CB's in the company, both .45's, and both JM stamped. :lol: "It's an investment" ;)

The Remington made 1894's and 1895's we've got in have been pretty sad. :mellow:

Interesting turn this took. From period accounts of the performance of the Henry almost instantly to discussion about the pros and cons of the modern version.

Of course, I have never diverted any threads anywhere myself. Nope, nope. :rolleyes:;)

IT IS WHAT WE DO, JOE. :)

AND WE ARE VERY, VERY GOOD AT IT.

Personally, I like to use gin to deglaze a pan that has been used to cook pork. The juniper berry taste goes very well with pork.

Dang... add some coffee and you'll have an interesting variation on "Red Eye Gravy..." :)

Oughtta go right fine with grits~! ^_^

Yeah, so many companies in the US are making Henrys, Winchester 66, 73 and 92 rifles and carbines, traditional Marlin lever guns, single action Army, 1858, and 19th Century S&W sixguns revolvers, and good double barrel hammer shotguns and model '97 repeaters.....and all at such affordable prices. NOT!!! :rolleyes:

Archived