SASS Wire Forum

How to handle an '87 ?

Neuse Rivers

If you look on YouTube there is a video by deuce Stevens on running one. Great video with lots of info Sorry I don't have a link to it but I am on my phone right now

Duh, why did I not think of putting the carrier down before I loaded my stone stock Norinco.

Fun gun to shoot. Mine developed a hair trigger. I sold it rather than have it worked on. I will have another one some day. Some sweet day, Oh yes you will be mine again.

Shameless

A hair trigger on an 87 is normally easy to fix. There are two(2)screws on the tang of an 87.

Back screw is the screw through the stock keeping the stock on. The other screw, which is smaller adjusts the trigger pull. If the trigger pull is set to light the shotgun will actually fire as you close the bolt. Just tighten the screw down and it fixes the "hair trigger".

YMMV Marlin

Here is a old vid of Fireball running waaaayyy back in the day before china ever knew what a 87' was FIREBALL . He was running 6 targets from port arms in the 4.80's when he was in practice. Have seen him catch up and beat 97's and SxS's in shootoff with it too.

Archived