SASS Wire Forum

Question about Hartford Armory Remingtons

DMiller

I have been doing a lot of searching on different forums about these pistols and just not finding the answer. I have read mixed reviews of the pistols. One complaint I have read is the lack of pistols produced or not received. Other folks mentioned having problems with the ones they purchased but no one has ever said what the problems were. Can anyone here expand on the problems that were found with the guns, not the company?

Thanks

To my knowledge they never produced any weapons, or produced in so few numbers that they are as rare as a Do-Do bird. I don't know how anyone could critique what never was.

They produced. (maybe very few) but I held a pair. they were outstanding. Blue deep and smooth. Action like glass. I think their problem was how long they took to produce one, and of course the price....close to $2k each. most couldn't afford it. The guy that had the ones I held was a cpa. heheheh....I am just fine with my antique finish EMF's

plus the cost for mine was unbeatable. (2 cons. serial no. antique finish 75's, and a Will Ghormley Jesse James rig Cost: one $10 raffle ticket.) hard to beat.

anyways that is what I heard about HA's

curley

To my knowledge they never produced any weapons, or produced in so few numbers that they are as rare as a Do-Do bird. I don't know how anyone could critique what never was.

Yes they did..I owned the first pair of consecurtive numbered 44-40's they ever made.Absolutely gorgeous revolvers , well made and finished..and very expensive

They made very few, and did not fill their pending orders.A good Pard of mine wanted them more than I did, even though I went to incredible lengths to buy the pair i owned, but because of our long firendship, I gladly relinquished them to Him.I'm a Colt kinda guy anyway!

They were excellent revolvers in every way.Too bad they went South, so to speak.

Thanks guys. I had ordered one back when they were making them and then canceled the order when I tired of waiting. Spent the money on a Colt. For the last 2 years I have been watching various guns sites and the wait paid off. I just picked up a Hartford Armory 1875 in 45 Colt with a 5 3/4 in barrel. Found it on Cabelas. Light holster wear otherwise perfect shape. After I purchased it I started looking at comments made about the pistol several years ago and started to get concerned I was in for problems, thus the posting. I agree the original price was high but not any higher than a 3rd gen Colt. The Hartford Armory I just bought was smother than the Colt was after I spent more $ to have an action job. The best part of the whole thing was the price. Not only did I finally find the gun but found it for $700. I could not say no. I took it out to the range the other day and the first 6 shots at 12 yards from a rest made a 2 inch hole in the paper 2 inches high dead center. After reading ya'll post I feel I should not have to worry about any major issues.

$2k for the pair.

http://www.gunbroker...?Item=252431153

Of course I'd want the 1875's

Reasonably priced indeed, though the 1875's are what everyone wanted.

I never much cared for the 1890 Rems as frankly I'd rather have a Colt

In reality an dhistorically, the 1890 Rems were far more rare than the 75's

Sorry, it shot a 1 inch hole 2 inches high with the first 6 shots. I have had 2nd gen and 3rd gen Colts and neither shot this nice and POA. I am not knocking Colts at all, I love the look and feel of a Colt in my hand, I just could not get them to shoot well and the action was a little rough for the price

I don't know how anyone could critique what never was.

I knew two shooters that had them. And yes, I did get a chance to shoot them. They were truly excellent.

I knew two shooters that had them. And yes, I did get a chance to shoot them. They were truly excellent.

Like I said, I owned and sold the fiirst consecutively numbered pair of Hartford 1875 Remmies in 44-40 produced

I sure as hell can critique what was!

They were fantastic revolvers.I loved them, but did a good friend a favor by letting Him have them..someone very well known to SASS!

Archived