SASS Wire Forum

OT all you paint ballers out there, a question.

Fireball #7709 Life

Fireball,

I played on a semi-pro circuit when I was in highschool. I can more than likely figure this out if I could see the paintball marker. Best way to send a picture is via e-mail:

webbaj@grizzlies.adams.edu

Best

Brimstone

Thanks Brimstone, I'll send a pic here in a minute.

Understand that NOW!....... :blush:

Sure as hell didn't come across that way. <_<

MAYBE, that's the WHY, we have "Emoticons" to use :lol:

MY BAD :excl:

Respectfully,

LG

Lumpy, there ain't not emoticons for my dry sense of humor. besides I would missed out on your rant.

Lumpy, there ain't not emoticons for my dry sense of humor. besides I would missed out on your rant.

I still am gettin' a lesson with Deuce's 'dry sense of humor' - ;)

GG ~ :FlagAm:

I've been out of it for a long time but I doubt they are worth very much either. I think I sold new ones for around $50. way back then. How 'bout a Phantom pump gun, the Ferrari of pump guns, anyway it was when I quit.....way back then. :D

That was my first paintball gun - 1984. One of 3 paintguns on the market then, the Nelspot 007 and the plastic Splatmaster. PGP was the most reliable and the first factory pump action. $60.00 brand new, now they are anywhere from $10 to $50. There are a few listed on Ebay. Most paintballers today have no clue what a PGP or a Nelspot is. I got out of it in 1990, Last gun PMI (Pursuit Marketing Inc.) 68 Magnum .

Jake

First paintball game I ever played was with a Sheridan! Way back in 1986. I haven't seen one, or a Nelspot in years. I currently run a Tippmann 98C, along with an older Piranha. I have a Tippmann Pro Carbine, but I can't get the velocity to drop under 300fps, and haven't figured out why yet.

I haven't gotten out for a game since before I deployed, not for a lack of trying. Too many hobbies, not enough time.

Paintball guns are like old used cars, once ya drive 'em off the lot, they ain't worth nuthin. I played my first game while in the Navy and all they had was the pistols. I got into it some about 1994 when Tippman Pro-Lite was the top gun. that's what I had, about $350 worth just for the basic start-up rig. I used it more for stray dogs tearin up the trash-can than anything. I sold it in like new condition in 1999 for $75 with all the goodies, 2 tanks, full-face mask, two wipers, tompinion, extra hopper. I doubt things have changed much since then.

Remember what George Carlin said about buying and selling "stuff": Your stuff is always SH..., and their SH... is always stuff!" B)

***Almost forgot the most important thing I learned!!! The paintballs are .69 caliber, and so is my brass barreled flintlock Blunderbuss... ;)

5 gr. of powder + a cotton ball + a paintball = trouble! :D

Bodine

Since we are way off topic anyhow, did ya know vienna sausages are .69 caliber also? Don't shoot yer girlfriend in the butt with 'em though, for some reason they don't think it's too funny. :blush:

Bodine

I still am gettin' a lesson with Deuce's 'dry sense of humor' - ;)

Deuce is a young Padawon when it comes to dry.....but he's gettin' better all the time. I thought his learning might suffer in my absence, but it appears he continues to study :lol:

I think I'm gonna have to keep it just to try out some of these good ideas. I always wondered what Vienna sausages were good for and Deuce is coming down later this year :lol::wacko: I appreciate the replies, amazing the amount of memories we stirred up. :blush:

Deuce is a young Padawon when it comes to dry.....but he's gettin' better all the time. I thought his learning might suffer in my absence, but it appears he continues to study :lol:

:D

I can say that Deuce has helped me alot in getting back into the sport - he mentions you alot and always says to me when I think him "Well...Fireball helped me alot in this sport so I am just passing it along"

Guest Winchester Jack, SASS #70195

First paintball game I ever played was with a Sheridan! Way back in 1986. I haven't seen one, or a Nelspot in years. I currently run a Tippmann 98C, along with an older Piranha. I have a Tippmann Pro Carbine, but I can't get the velocity to drop under 300fps, and haven't figured out why yet.

I haven't gotten out for a game since before I deployed, not for a lack of trying. Too many hobbies, not enough time.

I love my pro carbine and I am trying to get a company wide paintball game ( a good excuse to shoot the boss)

I think I'm gonna have to keep it just to try out some of these good ideas. I always wondered what Vienna sausages were good for and Deuce is coming down later this year :lol::wacko: I appreciate the replies, amazing the amount of memories we stirred up. :blush:

==================================================

When I was growing up in southside Va. in the '50's, they were called Vi-eee-na sausages. Some of the old timers down there still call them that. The first time I called them Vi-eee-na sausages around SWMBO, she looked at me like I was from another planet.

I love my pro carbine and I am trying to get a company wide paintball game ( a good excuse to shoot the boss)

I've used them and seen them used to good effect! I don't know what I would do without my 98C, though.

I have been trying to do the same with my office. Maybe one day soon!

Archived