SASS Wire Forum

For Coyote Calhoun, His Family and Friends

Denver Don

I Know you all know about Coyote Passing, I am Just relaying this for Buck Montgomery, (Dr. Buck) He told me that Coyote was a Good friend of his and he would be Honored If I would share his thoughts ........... TO ALL MY FRIENDS, It is with a saddened heart to tell everyone that my very good friend and WWPAS Ranch Boss here at SASS, "COYOTE CALHOUN", passed away suddenly September 20. For those of you who had the pleasure of getting to meet Coyote at the SASS-WWPAS Convention & Competitions or perhaps at one of the countless other SASS Events he presided over, then you'll know just exactly how much he'll be missed. For all you WWPAS Members, fans of the Wild West Arts and future members, I just wanted you to know that Coyote Calhoun, AKA Lamar Shelnutt, was the man instrumental in the resurrection of the current Wild West Arts organization, WWPAS!... He was probably one of the Arts biggest fans and definitely one of our biggest supporters... That is why I fully intend on keeping the Wild West Arts Alive, not just for Generations to come, but for Coyote Calhoun! Are ya ready to ride with me!

I can guarantee that during the SASS-WWPAS Convention this year, every time a Gun get's Spun, a Rope gets Twirled, a Knife get's Thrown and a Whip gets Cracked!... Coyote will be lookin' down with that un-mistakable smile.

To his beautiful family, on behalf of all the WWPAS members and friends of the Arts, we send out our sincere condolences.

Adios for now Members & Friends... and Coyote, I'll see ya down the Trail.

Dr. Buck ~ SASS-WWPAS Trail Boss

Archived