SASS Wire Forum

Verde Valley Range War

Judge Harshly, SASS 45531L

Heading out in the morning for the Verde Valley. Looking forward to the Chili cook-off,

the dessert contest, the swap meet, the pot-luck supper, and shooting 12 great stages

with a bunch of good pards, with the exception of that neer-do-well Pecos Clyde. :lol:

I'm going up Thursday afternoon.

Going to be wearing my Champion Chili Contest Winner apron that my entry :rolleyes: won a few years ago.

I'm bring a new product to sell that will "level the playing field" at the Verde Valley Range Wars (for all them that got $5.00) :rolleyes: . Product is GUARANTEED to allow you to improve your scores :D .

I'm looking for my Necklace of used Magillicuddy sticks to wear at the awards this year. :) It is a real fine necklace and a real fine thing that Pecos Clyde seen fit to present me with it at the awards last year. He even made a nice poem to honor me and the occasion.

Looking forward to seeing Pecos Clyde after his star performance in True Grit as the guy in the B-e-a-r-s-k-i-n. Maybe might even get his autograph now that he is a big movie star. :) Maybe some of you didn't notice him in the movie but, if you see the movie again, be sure and look for Pecos Clyde as the guy in the B-e-a-r-s-k-i-n -- he's easy to recognize. :)

I got the sights on the 1895 and the settings for the 1885. I got the 1873s tuned. I got the 1911s running smooth as silk. I got the 1887s oiled up and opened up.

I got a car what's got sagging springs in the back from all that artillery. And, all that lead doesn't help the GVW one bit.

We're gonna shoot, and shoot, and shoot.

Looking forward to seeing all the great folks at the VVRW. That includes Pecos.

Have a safe trip up the hill everyone.

Going to be a great smokey time - We can not wait to get down there and meet some old partners.

See you all soon dammit!

I didn't know ya'll were going! Yay!! See ya there!

Finished loading the wagon for the trip over the Mingus Mountain (through Jerome). I am sure there is something I forgot. Loaded up surplus clothes, hats, ammo cans, yada yada, yada for the swap meet. Oh yea, my high wall, ammo, shooting sticks, stool, etc. for the long range shoot. Main match guns, back-ups, ammo gun cart, leather, etc. etc.

See you in the morning, looking forward to a great time with my pards,

TB

Archived