SASS Wire Forum

re safe

hey galloway

lock smith said to cut the hole back off i couldn't see that i cut a 8'x16' hole in back of safe was able to get all of the guns out i don't know if he can repare it or if i would trust it after this gess i will have a safe queen sale will start with a marlin cowboy 45-70 24"barrel will try to get pics & price tonight

Hey Galloway

Guessing that Hey Galloway is getting ready to put a few guns up for sale.

The right forum to do that on is the SASS Classifieds. Not here on the Wire.

And yep, HG, you should post a price, and how you intend to decide which person's offer you will accept - first to post a reply, first to PM you, first to email you, etc.

Sorry your safe "locked up" on you. :)

Good luck, GJ

What I think he meant to say was....

Lost the key or combination to the safe.

Lock smith told him to cut a BIG hole in the back of the safe to remove his items.

He cut a much smaller hole and removed all those GUN QUEENS.

Now he is going to sell them, starting with the Marlin Cowboy.

Maybe he is looking for a repair to a safe he cannot open?

IF you can.......Cut from the bottom. That is where the thinest plate is.

Respectfully,

LG

Big if...If man can carry it in, man can carry it out...Mine are four large bolts into the ground...And mine is a small 500 pounds, it don't move to easy...All this brings me to thinking...Should we be inspecting our safe doors for wear?? Something else to clean and inspect around a house...

Texas Lizard

If you get the thing open I'd have no problem welding the plate back in the hole. Weld it from both sides and it'll probably be the stongest part of the safe. Up aginst the wall you'd never see it and when you open the safe you'll have a constant reminder not to do that again.

e

I just got a new safe and I took the door off to transport it inide the house. Not only is it a lot lighter to handle, it keep the mecanism upright.

Next time.

Frenhy

Archived