SASS Wire Forum

Keep Coyote Calhoun's Family In Your Prayers

Wimpy Hank Yoho

I recieved this E-mail a moment ago from Justice Lily Kate and wanted to pass it on.

"Lamarr Shellnutt, AKA Coyote Calhoun, passed away about 9pm tonight in Edgewood, NM of an apparent heart attack. No other information is available at this time."

Please Keep His family In Your Prayers.

Wimpy

I forgot to put and address if You would like to send a card.

Mrs. Lamarr (Kay) Shellnutt

8218 Winston Way

Jonesboro, GA 30236

When I hear more, I will let Y'all know.

Prayers and condolences for the family.

May the Lord lift them up and comfort them all.

~EE Taft~

Three or four years ago, he came to Ambush to present Regulator badges to two of our club members and also shot the match. I was fortunate enough to be on his posse and immediately found out that he had the Cowboy Spirit and was a lot of fun to shoot with. Our little cowboy world will be diminished by his absence.

Happy trails, blue skies and green grass, Coyote!

Prayers up for his family and friends.

I had the opportunity to spend time with Coyote Calhoun on a few occasions. In truth, we disagreed about a great many things, and I gave him a hard time more than once. He always smiled and took everything far better than I would have He will be missed. And I, well I feel a little ashamed of myself for not being a better sport when I had the chance.

kinda crazy ... I never had the pleasure to meet him in person yet my monitor keeps gettin all blurry and stuff.... think i need a new one .... and been moopin around the house ...hummm not like me at all....

Prayers up .... and Condolences to his family and all ....

My deepest sympathies to Coyote's family.

My prayers are with you in your hour of need.

Coyote and I had our differences and right now I don't feel so good about myself because I let him go before we could make amends.

Perhaps I can learn a lesson from this mistake----"Never, ever burn a bridge"(unless you leave a safety rope).

Until we meet again.

Cherokee Charlie

While Coyote and I didn't see eye to eye always on several subjects, I always respected him and he didn't deserve to go out like that... My prayers for peace and healing... Condolences for his many friends and family...

Vaya con Dios

It was a wonderful celebration of Lamar's life.

The funeral was a mix of hymns, stories, and reverence, with a great showing of cowboys (around 50, according to 'Nooga Kid), including Judge Roy Bean and his wife. Lamar's daughter gave us all a wonderful peak into their family life- his deep love for his wife, Kay, and his family, water gun fights on vacation, his singing every Beatles and Rolling Stones song ever made, and his passion for everything he did. "Go big or go home", was his attitude. Stubbs read a heartfelt poem that fit the occasion. The lobby of the church was filled with memories of his life, including pottery (he studied pottery in college), stained glass, and photography. His SASS Hall of Fame certificate and other SASS awards were there, too, but no 'clean match' pins, at least that I could see... that, according to his daughter, he was wearing. I love it!

At its conclusion, the cowboys in attendance formed an 'honor guard' line on either side of the walkway as Coyote was carried to the hearse. An honor, indeed. And a site to see.

I think about how much I love this sport + the people that participate in it, and am so grateful for the people like Coyote Calhoun who's attitude of 'go big or go home' made a difference, first here in GA, then for all of SASS. Continued prayers for the family... SASS family included. You are missed already Coyote Calhoun, happy trails, until we meet again.

Guest talon macleod 29883
:FlagAm: I agree with Bluff.It was quite a sight.Charlie you are right. These differences of opinion about a game mean nothing.Friends and family mean everything. Talon :FlagAm:

Never had the chance to meet the man. But from what I read, he must have been a hoot to shoot with.

(Why is my monitor all blurry ?) :unsure:

Prayers up for the family.

Coyote,

My B-Western buddy...how I'm going to miss you. You were truly a friend to Matt & I. We enjoyed so much the times you'd stop by our campsite and eat and visit with everyone...such memories we will treasure. So wish we could have attended the funeral to let your family know how much you touched our lives with your endless devotion to this sport that we all love so much. Your presence will be deeply missed but NEVER forgotten...you my friend will always be in our hearts.

Rest in Peace,

Louisiana Lady

Matt Masterson

Cypress Creek Cowboys

Archived