SASS Wire Forum

Sad News

Ivory Jack, #8534 LTG

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am truly crushed by this news. I can honestly say that Lamar was one of my closest friends over the last 20+ years. A finer man, father, cowboy and friend will be hard to find. Life, SASS and Cowboy Action Shooting will forever more have a hole in it for me.

My condolences and love go out to Kay, Katie, Blair, Cindy, Lynn, Lisa and the rest of the families at this most difficult of times.

Adios PARTNER. I know Hoppy, Gene, Roy and Tom have greeted you with a Cowboy Howdy and welcomed you to their camp fire. Ride easy and keep an eye on us until we meet again.

Guest Chance Ramsay, SASS#18962

It is truely sad news not only for SASS but for all who new this man. He will surely be missed. Thoughts and prayers for his family.

Chance Ramsey & Chancey Lady

I only met the man twice, but each time he shared a friendly smile and greeting.

Yes, it is sad to hear of his passing.

Condolences to his family and all his friends.

..........Widder

Condolences to the family. A good man who will be missed.

Prayers for peace and comfort.

It is just past 7:00 AM in Kansas and I just got off the phone with San Quinton. My wife, Inez, and I, like so many others who knew him, are stunned at Lamar's passing. He was a fixture in our lives as a cowboy action shooter. Someone you always thought would be there with a quip or a practcal joke or maybe just a person to make you smile when you saw him. He has been the action man at SASS for quite a while now. The feet on the ground, getting things done and making it great for all of us. He and SQ, Inez and I had many wonder times together.

Inez and I will miss him for the rest of our lives. We loved him for being Lamar and for being Coyote Calhoon and for being our friend.

Kay, our deepest condolences for your families loss.

Remember Coyoote Calhoon whenever you shoot a match or get your Chronicle, he was a mountain of a man.

Birdshot and Inez

Our deepest sympathies to his family!

We will all miss his efforts on our behalf, but mostly, I think, the way his infectious grin and energy enlivened any room, any event, in which he was present.

Vaya con dios, amigo

Calico Cass y el Gato Gordo

Prayers up from Texas for the family and friends.

Prayers up for Coyote's family and his many friends.

I just spoke with him two days ago and we were looking forward to the convention. He will be there in spirit, a true cowboy and friend.

RIP PD2

Chuckaroo

Such a great loss for SASS. He will be missed by so many. Happy Trails Coyote, prayers up for the family.

Shotglass and I offer our prayers.

Heavenly Father,

Watch over Coyote's wife, family, and friends in this time of bereavement. Welcome Coyote into your house, may he find peace and happiness in your arms. I know, with your blessing, he will be watching his family from your porch. Help them in the knowledge that he will always be there, in their hearts. Coyote was a loved person and a person who loved many in return. Comfort his wife, children and grandchildren. His love for them was deep and sincere.

We pray Father that you will guide everyone through this difficult time and especially help those who are suffering through this loss to find comfort and peace in your name, arms, and everlasting love.

We pray to you in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.

Amen

Coyote Calhoun was a great friend of mine and a positive influence and a driving force of the sport that we all love. I'm in shock over this as I just spoke with him the other day. My heart goes out to his family who must endure such a sudden departure. It will always be a great honor to have worked by Lamarr's side, having shot together and having many laughs together as well. A great light in the shooting sports has gone out.

My God Bless him, his family and everyone who knew this fine man.

With Fondest Memories,

Cal Eilrich a.k.a. Quick Cal

This shocking, sad news. He was one of the nicest, enthusiastic, funniest, kind men I ever met in SASS (and that's saying something). I don't see how SASS will ever replace him. He was a jewel. Prayers go out to his family.

Sad news for SASS, there will be a huge hole left to fill. He was a huge personality that will be missed.

LORD GOD, please wrap your loving arms around CC's family and friends, may they know the peace that passeth all understanding. Fill the void that will be in their hearts with warm memories. LORD I ask these things in Jesus name, amen

Archived