SASS Wire Forum

For those who would love to shoot Classic Cowboy...

Ketchum Quick, SASS #72923

Hey Ketchum Quick,

Send a limo down here to Indiana and pick me up for this match! There's gunna be loads of fun me thinks.

p.s. I would like to see ole Crazy Mingo give Duece a whupp'in! :lol:

Spittoon

Sorry Ketchum Quick, the Ghost will not be there. I will not be a Classic Cowboy shooting a .38 Marlin, hammerless SxS or '97, and .32's. You're either Classic or not. Sorry.

Ghost

sounds right to me! I like the 40+ part.

sounds right to me! I like the 40+ part.

Yes Classic Cowboy requires 40+ caliber pistols and rifles. Wow newsflash there. This is Almost Classic Cowboy.... not the same as Classic Cowboy.... Classic Cowboy has two words this has three. NOT THE SAME! If it makes you feel better we could call it Duelist with a dress code. Would that make you feel better? ;)

KQ

Hey Ketchum Quick,

Send a limo down here to Indiana and pick me up for this match! There's gunna be loads of fun me thinks.

p.s. I would like to see ole Crazy Mingo give Duece a whupp'in! :lol:

Spittoon

LOL!!! Would love to do that Spittoon but we broke the budget allready.

KQ

Hee Haaa Ketchup..I'm pretty up beat about this shoot.. :lol: It appears ta be drawin alot of attension from all over the country.. :P Maybe I'll become a famous Classic Cowboy .. :o Maybe you could invite RJ Law ta come over and give us some pointers Hammered dubble handling.. ;)

I'll bring over my 5 1/2 45's and black powder ammo..24" 73 44-40.and black powder ammo , and the TTN that I'm willin ta share with anyone that would like ta try it.. ;)

This is goin ta be a HOOT.. :D So Look out Doots Crazy Mingo is comein ta the town of Liberty,,and I'm openin a big can of Whoop-ass.. ;)

Heee Haaa Crazy Mingo :wacko::wacko::FlagAm:

Hee Haaa Ketchup..I'm pretty up beat about this shoot.. :lol: It appears ta be drawin alot of attension from all over the country.. :P Maybe I'll become a famous Classic Cowboy .. :o Maybe you could invite RJ Law ta come over and give us some pointers Hammered dubble handling.. ;)

I'll bring over my 5 1/2 45's and black powder ammo..24" 73 44-40.and black powder ammo , and the TTN that I'm willin ta share with anyone that would like ta try it.. ;)

This is goin ta be a HOOT.. :D So Look out Doots Crazy Mingo is comein ta the town of Liberty,,and I'm openin a big can of Whoop-ass.. ;)

Mingo,

It would be fun to have RJ Law, Ethan Callahan, and of course Chilli Pepper Pete come by the match to give us tips on the finer workings of the hammered double and the 1887.

I am bringing my 1887 for those who would like to run a repeater.

Krupt Karl, PM'ed me, he will be at Cutter's Raiders, his home club. We will have to try harder to get him up here. I know he would like our club and have a great time.

Ketchum Quick

Heee Haaa Ketchup .. Clasic question.. Does the Knife have ta be worn on the belt and can it be any lenght.. :unsure:

Heeee Haaa Crazy Mingo :wacko::wacko::FlagAm:

Opinion time :huh:

I think this is a pretty cool idea. I can agree that the true feel of classic cowboy is to shoot the bigger calibers and the hammered doubles.

but,

if anything I see on here a bunch of pards offering up shotguns and such to be used that people otherwise wouldn't even think to try. Definitely a way to introduce shooters to a new part of the game in an inviting and fun way.

This match is a little out of my travel range but otherwise I would be right there with ya.

PS I have actually shot CC once and that was with .36 cap an ball revolvers (I always use a hammered double because I am just kooky like that)

Heee Haaa Ketchup.. Drinkin coffee' getin dressed .. :blush: I'm almost on my way.. :D Heee Haaa This in gonea be a hoot.. :P

Thank you fine folks for coming out to our match today. We did have a great time. What a hoot it was shooting almost Classic Cowboy. I can see what the attraction is to that catagory. Maybe by this time next year I will have all the correct equipment so I can do it up right. I think it would be a lot of fun rubbing elbows with R.J. Law, Chilli Pepper Pete, Bad Brass, Ethan Callihan and the many other fine folks who shoot this class.

Thanks to my Rockford Regulator pards who helped out with the match. I couldn't and wouldn't want to do it with out you!

KQ

Heee Haaa.. Thanks Ketchup what a Fun Match.. :D I'm still Laughin.. :D When I opened that can of whoop-ass, Doots ,Riverview,Slo-Moe,Even your own-self, wasa worryin.. :unsure: I could see beeds of sweat on all you cowboys.. -_- Then it happened I spilled some whoop-ass on my own self.. :blush: I got a stage DQ for movein with a loaded shotgun. :angry: Confonded hammer gun anyway.. :huh: Last stage of the day .. What A BUMMER..Heee Haaa Great Match, Way too much FUN being a Classic Cowboy...

Heee Haaa Crazy Mingo :wacko::wacko::FlagAm: Just Remember The words of a famous cowboy "I'll Be Back"

Heee Haaa.. Thanks Ketchup what a Fun Match.. :D I'm still Laughin.. :D When I opened that can of whoop-ass, Doots ,Riverview,Slo-Moe,Even your own-self, wasa worryin.. :unsure: I could see beeds of sweat on all you cowboys.. -_- Then it happened I spilled some whoop-ass on my own self.. :blush: I got a stage DQ for movein with a loaded shotgun. :angry: Confonded hammer gun anyway.. :huh: Last stage of the day .. What A BUMMER..Heee Haaa Great Match, Way too much FUN being a Classic Cowboy...

Heee Haaa Crazy Mingo :wacko::wacko::FlagAm: Just Remember The words of a famous cowboy "I'll Be Back"

Sorry about the SDQ Mingo. I didn't shoot too great with my two proceedurals and a miss... Stupid left thumb kept wanting to get in on the pistol action.

I have been thinking that we should have a re-match. I believe that Slo Mo and Riverview Rattler would like to try it again. I know I would. Maybe we will put that after Thanksgiving togeter. We could run the same scenarios but backword and reverse time or something????

KQ

Heee Haaa.. Count me in.. I wasa watchin you cowboys with that 87 It looks like alot of fun.. :D I was going ta try it but I was havein sooo much fun with the hammer gun.. ;) pretty impressive huh.. :P and besides I was watchin Slo-Moe operate that 87 ,He was doing so well that the "Gamer" in me said not ta try it at that time.. ;)

Archived