SASS Wire Forum

For those who would love to shoot Classic Cowboy...

Ketchum Quick, SASS #72923

If you ever wanted to try Classic Cowboy or Classic Cowgirl for that matter, we might have something for you. We are going to have a class this month at the Rockford Sportsmen's Club called.......... (Drum roll please)............ The "Almost Classic Cowboy Challenge" or ACCC for short.

Here are the gritty details. First off you have to meet the clothing requirements of the Classic Cowboy catagory. You have to shoot either duelist or double duelist. We will waive the caliber, shotgun requirement, and you can use a Marlin. :rolleyes:

What say you Cowfolk??? Who is up for some fun????

Ketchum Quick

If I was close by and the weather was cool enough, I'd give it a go just for grins and giggles. I'd even shoot my hammered double.

Have fun!

Grizz

Well shoot.... I think you will be missing out Grizzly Dave. You should pencil us in your trip schedule some time! :)

KQ

You have to shoot either duelist or double duelist. We will waive the caliber, shotgun requirement, and you can use a Marlin.

Ketchum Quick

Sounds like Duelist to me. :blink:

If you ever wanted to try Classic Cowboy or Classic Cowgirl for that matter, we might have something for you. We are going to have a class this month at the Rockford Sportsmen's Club called.......... (Drum roll please)............ The "Almost Classic Cowboy Challenge" or ACCC for short.

Here are the gritty details. First off you have to meet the clothing requirements of the Classic Cowboy catagory. You have to shoot either duelist or double duelist. We will waive the caliber, shotgun requirement, and you can use a Marlin. :rolleyes:

What say you Cowfolk??? Who is up for some fun????

Ketchum Quick

Sorry Ketchum Quick, the Ghost will not be there. I will not be a Classic Cowboy shooting a .38 Marlin, hammerless SxS or '97, and .32's. You're either Classic or not. Sorry.

Ghost

Sorry Ketchum Quick, the Ghost will not be there. I will not be a Classic Cowboy shooting a .38 Marlin, hammerless SxS or '97, and .32's. You're either Classic or not. Sorry.

Ghost

Well, all I can say is that it's gonna be fun. that's the point isn't it boys. We try to highlight certain classes once in awhile (last October it was the duelist challenge) to try to get folks out of the norm. We had great participation and lots of fun. So why not cut us some slack for a bit ok.

Ghost

No problem Ghost. Not all of us can be so cool. We would like to be and maybe we are working on becoming cool but some of us are just not there yet..... Someday....

The Real Classic Cowboys are invited too and we will honor all the other catagories as well.

Ketchum Quick

Most of the people I shoot with wear enough costume items to meet the requirements of Classic, regardless of what category they shoot. To me, Classic has always been about the guns and calibers, rather than costuming. If this gets people interested in shooting Classic, that's a good thing, I just hate to see CC thought of as all about costumes.

Heee Haaa Ketchup.. You can count me in.. :D Sounds like a Hoot.. :lol: I'll bring my Hammered double for all ta use if they like ta give it a try.. :P

I can't shoot the "Poof-Tinkers" yet,Got No Bullits :blink:

I got pair of Ruger 5 1/2 45lc pistols if someone would like ta use, and loaded BP ammo and 24' 44-40 with BP ammo.. :o

Heee Haaa Crazy Mingo :wacko::wacko::FlagAm:

Red Dooley got me into this class and I love it, wish I could be with you

Shotglass my Dear you are in a class all your own :rolleyes:

Hey Ketchum Have not heard from you in awhile on the RF.

Are your two buddies from MI coming to Texas this year?

The place they stay had a lot of wild fire damage.

take care Wyandot.

Heee Haaa Doots Your ON :lol: I'll hook ya up with Pistols,Rifle and hammered shotgun.. Plus ammo :D True CLASSIC ..and Black Powder ta boot.. :P I'll have ta use my browning of course :wub:

Heee Haaa Looks like I might be takein "Doots" ta the woodshed.. ;)

Dang, I wish I could be there. I always shoot Classic, and use smokey powder to boot. Can't beat the rush!

Heee Haaa Looks like I might be takein "Doots" ta the woodshed.. ;)

Do you remember what happened last time you said that, YOU ended up in the woodshed with it collapsed on top of you. But hey everyones gotta dream.

Hey Jim! I havn't spent a lot of time on the rugerforum lately beacuse I have been really busy with work. I miss discussing the finer points of Ruger singleactions with the boys over there.

As far as Lucky Lennie and his wife go, I am sure they will be in Texas this year barring any health issues.

Jay

Hey Ketch....what is the date? I tried the Rockford Regulator site and it would not come up. Sounds like fun and the players you have are a blast to shoot with. Give me some more details and address so I can check out the miles, etc.

Thanks

KK

KK,

It will be on October 1st.

Google, Rockford Sportsman Club for the driving directions. I'd get them for you but I have no clue how to copy and paste a link on my Android phone and I am three hours from my Dell.

We would love to have you up Karl. This up and coming shoot marks the tenth anniversary of SASS at our club!

Ketchum

Heee Haaa Old Korupt One .. Come up you'll have a Great time.. :lol: We missed ya at Range War this year :blush: And you missed One Of The BEST EVER.. :P "Toon" came ta visit awhile back..Ya bring some of those Indee Nancys with ya.. :P You can watch me put a Whoopin on "Doots"

Heeee Haaa. Ketchup.. I wanta go. I wanta go.I wanta go... :D

I'll be shootin Classic with Black Powder.. :D:D

Heeee Haaa Crazy Mingo :wacko::FlagAm:

Have gotten quite a few questions from folks that wanna have some fun with us this weekend. Here are the clothing requirements that we will be going by. gotta have at least 5 of the items below. (copy and pasted from the shooters handbook)

• Chaps, spurs, cuffs, tie or scarf worn loosely around the neck or with scarf slide, vest,

pocket watch with full length chain, jacket, sleeve garters, knife, botas, leggings, braces; no

straw or palm hats allowed.

• In addition to the above items, ladies may choose from the items listed below in order to

compete within this category:

• Period watch, split riding skirt, bustle, hoops, corset, Victorian style hat (straw allowed),

period jewelry, period hair ornaments (e.g., feathers), snood, reticule (period handbag),

period lace up shoes, camisole, bloomers, fishnet stockings, feather boa, cape.

• No Buscadero or drop holster rigs allowed (i.e., part of the grip must be above the belt on

which the holster hangs).

• Boots are required and must be of traditional design with non-grip enhancing (i.e. “NO

Lug”) soles. Mocassins are not allowed.

• Hats must be worn for the entire match.

Heee Haaa Ketchup..I'll be shootin Classic Cowboy with Black Powder hammered shotgun ,40 cal etc etc... :D

Just a Side Note.. I watched "Doots" shooting droolist last Saturday.. :huh: All I can say I'm glad I'm a senior :P

I'll see ya all Saturday we'll have a Classic good time... :P

Perhaps you will attract some new folks to shoot this category, but IMHO you are missing the point of shooting this category. Its about shooting big calibers, 40 caliber+, pistols shot duelist style, rifle 1873 or earlier 40 caliber +, and a externally hammered shotgun or a 1887 lever shotgun, costuming is a very small part of us shooting classic cowboy/classic cowgirl.

Hope you all have fun,

TB

Perhaps you will attract some new folks to shoot this category, but IMHO you are missing the point of shooting this category. Its about shooting big calibers, 40 caliber+, pistols shot duelist style, rifle 1873 or earlier 40 caliber +, and a externally hammered shotgun or a 1887 lever shotgun, costuming is a very small part of us shooting classic cowboy/classic cowgirl.

Hope you all have fun,

TB

With all due respect YOU are missing the point. We are just trying to promote and highlight something fun. That's all. Those who shoot classic locally (all one of them) won't be offended. We have a few hammered sxs and 87's that will be passed around and tried (yet again another chance for folks to try something different) and I imagine they will be shot quite a bit. As Ketch said most of us are not nearly as cool as some of you folks, so we have to make our own fun.

Being a Michigan Classic Cowboy and knowing Deuce and crew I know they are just trying to let others "try" something new. No different than giving guns to a bystander that has an interest in Cowboy Action Shooting. Then once you're hooked, you can go out and get the guns in the correct caliber. I'm not offended in the slightest. I wish I could go and play too!

As a comedic aside I'll paraphrase the Movie "Days of Thunder": "You shot really well. Now go and get your own guns and we'll see how you do in a crowd."

Have Fun Rockford!

Scotsman

I understand Duce, its about having fun, perhaps we can get some more people shooting this category.

Hope you folks have a great time! :D

TB

I understand Duce, its about having fun, perhaps we can get some more people shooting this category.

Hope you folks have a great time! :D

TB

Thanks Turquoise Bill we will!

That is kind of how we operate at our club. Come about... um March I would say we gear the matcthes toward SPEED. I try to write fast stages that are simple and as I said, all about speed. This is a speed based game and if it wasn't we wouldn't keep score based on time. After all the big matches in our area have passed we try to have a fun blow off some steam match like this one coming up. I wouldn't get away with this as a match director if I tried it before the Minnisota State shoot as some of our regulars (myself and Tessa Two Gunner included) like to go to this one. So after that, the US Open and of course Range War it is time to relax and have some fun. AND THAT IS WHAT IT IS ALL ABOUT. Fun and trying something outside of your comfort zone. :rolleyes:

KQ

Archived