SASS Wire Forum

Ruger SASS Vaqueros

Frenchy Cannuck

Howdy folks,

Just curious, I handled a pair of Runnin Irons Deluxe this weekend and I noticed the fat front sight. I was wondering, are the front sights on the Ruger SASS Vaqueros as fat or are they like my existing new Vaqueros?

I have a pair of the new SASS Vaqueros, purchased in 2010 and a regular New Vaquero also purchsded in 2010. The only differences is the standard NV doesn't have the SASS grips, SASS in the serial number, and doesn't have the Montado hammer. Otherwise they are identical. Standard width front sight.

RBK

I have a pair of the new SASS Vaqueros, purchased in 2010 and a regular New Vaquero also purchsded in 2010. The only differences is the standard NV doesn't have the SASS grips, SASS in the serial number, and doesn't have the Montado hammer. Otherwise they are identical. Standard width front sight.

RBK

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Frenchy Cannuck

RBK

My wife shoots SASS Vaqueros and I shoot a pair of regular NMVs. In addition to the above mentioned differences, the SASS Vaqueros also have a wider rear notch (sight). I find it much easier to find the front sight quickly do to this wider rear notch. I need to open the notch up on my NMVs.

My wife shoots SASS Vaqueros and I shoot a pair of regular NMVs. In addition to the above mentioned differences, the SASS Vaqueros also have a wider rear notch (sight). I find it much easier to find the front sight quickly do to this wider rear notch. I need to open the notch up on my NMVs.

Your New Vaquero's must be older than mine, as mine has the wide rear sight notch the same as the SASS Vaquero's.

RBK

I have a set of each, the Mondato hammer and the wider rear sight notch are the only functional differences between SASS and regular NMVs. My SASS Vaqueros seemed to be a little smoother out of the box but your mileage may vary. In my opinion the two functional differences are genuine improvements, but I have relatively short thumbs and fingers so the Mondato hammer fits better in my hand than the standard hammer.

Howdy folks,

Just curious, I handled a pair of Runnin Irons Deluxe this weekend and I noticed the fat front sight. I was wondering, are the front sights on the Ruger SASS Vaqueros as fat or are they like my existing new Vaqueros?

I have a pair of both the Runnin' Irons and SASS Vaqueros. Yes, the front sight on the Runnin Iron fills more of the rear sight notch than the Vaqueros.

Archived