SASS Wire Forum

gun shipping between none FFL holders

Gen. Longstreet 5525

I just talked with my gun shop and he told me that if you do not personally hold the FFL I can ship them directly to you and you can ship the guns to me directly because I do not have a FFL. The only thing he told me is that once I receive them I have to register them with the state of California.

So send me your address and I will ship them out pronto. Or call me.

I need to know if this is true Help.

I just talked with my gun shop and he told me that if you do not personally hold the FFL I can ship them directly to you and you can ship the guns to me directly because I do not have a FFL. The only thing he told me is that once I receive them I have to register them with the state of California.

Not True

KK

Sounds like a PM to me.

Fillmore

Is there a dealer in So. Calif. That will do it , I belong to the Cowboys another member would be great.

Not true...Not true...Not true!!! Non-licensed persons CANNOT ship firearms to other non-licensed persons. You would be violating both Federal and CA law. The only exceptions are if the firearm was manufactured prior to 1899 or was something considered a "non-firearm"..like a cap-and-ball pistol. The firearm must be sent to a licensed FFL holder on this end and then transfered to you.

Contact Nasty Nick at Walker '47 or Hud at Gunslingers Gunshop. I would offer but I'm probably a mite too far out of your way.

It's certainly possible that the state laws are more restrictive, but here is what the ATF says (directly from Jefros' link BTW) :

Q: May a nonlicensee ship a firearm through the U.S. Postal Service?A nonlicensee may not transfer a firearm to a non-licensed resident of another State. A nonlicensee may mail a shotgun or rifle to a resident of his or her own State or to a licensee in any State. The Postal Service recommends that long guns be sent by registered mail and that no marking of any kind which would indicate the nature of the contents be placed on the outside of any parcel containing firearms. Handguns are not mailable. A common or contract carrier must be used to ship a handgun.

[18 U.S.C. 1715, 922(a)(3), 922(a)(5) and 922 (a)(2)(A)]

Q: May a nonlicensee ship a firearm by common or contract carrier?A nonlicensee may ship a firearm by a common or contract carrier to a resident of his or her own State or to a licensee in any State. A common or contract carrier must be used to ship a handgun. In addition, Federal law requires that the carrier be notified that the shipment contains a firearm and prohibits common or contract carriers from requiring or causing any label to be placed on any package indicating that it contains a firearm.

[18 U.S.C. 922(a)(2)(A), 922(a) (3), 922(a)(5) and 922(e), 27 CFR 478.31 and 478.30

WAY THE HELL WRONG :rolleyes:

Listen to Irish Red OTool.....He IS a CA. FFL.

P.S. Find another gun shop....The folks you talked to are IDIOTS ;)

Respectfully,

LG

Not true...Not true...Not true!!! Non-licensed persons CANNOT ship firearms to other non-licensed persons. You would be violating both Federal and CA law. The only exceptions are if the firearm was manufactured prior to 1899 or was something considered a "non-firearm"..like a cap-and-ball pistol. The firearm must be sent to a licensed FFL holder on this end and then transfered to you.

Contact Nasty Nick at Walker '47 or Hud at Gunslingers Gunshop. I would offer but I'm probably a mite too far out of your way.

I just called the gunslinger shop and they do not offer this service.

Any FFL dealer should be fully aware that a firearm CANNOT be shipped to another state unless it is shipped to a licensed FFL dealer. That would be the same for a non licensed person sending a gun to another state. Both must be received by a licensed FFL dealer, PERIOD. Unless it was manufactured prior to 1899 or is cap and ball, there are no exceptions.

Either the dealer misunderstood your question or they are a complete bonehead. This is basic stuff that they need to know.

Doing what they told you to do is a crime and not taken lightly by the Feds or the CA gun grabbers.

I'd love to see what the BATFE would find in their records!

I just called the gunslinger shop and they do not offer this service.

Call the Cowboys and Indians Store in Santa Ana, 714-210-2720. I just had a rifle shipped from a guy in New Jersey to them. I get to pick it up Thursday.

NOT TRUE! Illegal as Hell..Total BS

If you follow whatever idiot gave you that information you'll go directly to jail and will not pass go

NOT TRUE! Illegal as Hell..Total BS

If you follow whatever idiot gave you that information you'll go directly to jail and will not pass go

WHAT SHORTY SAID!!!!!!!

As I recall, you can ship firearms INTRASTATE without FFLs but never INTERSTATE.

***Nubbins***

WHAT SHORTY SAID!!!!!!!

As I recall, you can ship firearms INTRASTATE without FFLs but never INTERSTATE.

***Nubbins***

Hi Nub,

True for most states (like Texas)as far as the feds are concerned but some state laws are different. It sounds like Ca. requires intra-state to go FFL to FFL too.

What Nubbins and Nate said.

Hi Nub,

True for most states (like Texas)as far as the feds are concerned but some state laws are different. It sounds like Ca. requires intra-state to go FFL to FFL too.

CA requires transfers between private parties to go through a background check...therefore an FFL.

:FlagAm:

CA requires transfers between private parties to go through a background check...therefore an FFL.

:FlagAm:

Correctamundo!

Archived