SASS Wire Forum

I'm here at comin at cha !

Grizzly Dave

I am a slave to tradition. And the tradition is when you have a vacation coming up, on your last day at the office you skate out early. So who am I to fight tradition???

I'm outta here!

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, packing clothes to bring;

Thermal Long Johns..3

Thermal Socks..3

Thermal Underwear..3

Ushanka

Fur-lined Gloves..2

Heavy Fur-lined Leather Coat..1

Heavy Canvas Quilted lined Coat..1

Hand Warmers..2 dozen

Foot Warmers..2 dozen

Ammo Warmers..2 dozen

Ear Muffs..2

Silk Wild Rags...6

Pants..4

Shirts...4

Boots..4

Suspenders..3

Sweatsuits...4

that's about all I can get in the truck with all the wife's bringing!!

Jack, you just gonna wear one sock a day? :lol:

Oh great.

I started my generator to be sure it would run and I've got gas squirting out the side of it. :angry:

Good luck with your loading gate T-bone.

I got some flyers designed and printed up for the Cowboy Memorial Chapel fund raising stage today. Figure I'll get them taped up on Wednesday when I get there.

Now all I have to do is overcome the family crap that always seem to arise when you are trying to leave on vacation..... :rolleyes::unsure:

Grizz

Grizz,

Rig up a vest for Dog Dooley and pin the fliers to it. That way everyone is sure to see them. I was gonna suggest pinning them to T-Bone's vest, but he doesnt stand still long enough for anybody to read the flyer.

AA

Are you going to school me on shooting DUELEST ?

Hope to see y'all on Wed ,

CB

Heck. I am still trying to learn how myself.

Did you look at the list of Duelist coming to CAC???? WOW.

Better than EOT has seen in a long time. I will be lucky to make top 10, let alone top 5.

Would LOVE to shoot it clean. Never shot a big match clean. (only 2 monthlys clean)

That would be a major victory for me. Then just see where I fall.

P.S. One of your Arkansas duelist has been whipping up on me the last few time we shot

together. Dewey. He knows as much if not more about duelist than I do.

AA

I looked over the list , I am thinking I have LAST place in the catagory nailed down .

There are going to be some VERY good shooters there .

I hope to watch a few for them , trying to learn something .

Heck it does not matter , where I place as long as I get to shoot and MEET the great folks there .

CB

I'm already there... well.. I was already there but now I'm gone. Then I'll be already there before you're there anyway because I'm gone but I'll be back before y'all leave out to be there.

Can y'all tell Tbone is rubbing off? Dang I hope some of that sticks. :o

AA

I looked over the list , I am thinking I have LAST place in the catagory nailed down .

There are going to be some VERY good shooters there .

I hope to watch a few for them , trying to learn something .

Heck it does not matter , where I place as long as I get to shoot and MEET the great folks there .

CB

And that's the MAIN thing. Have a good time. The rest is just gravy.

Really think my main goal this year is CLEAN.

P.S. Just went and looked. We are on the same posse. Got 4 Duelist on there. :rolleyes:

I'm already there... well.. I was already there but now I'm gone. Then I'll be already there before you're there anyway because I'm gone but I'll be back before y'all leave out to be there.

Can y'all tell Tbone is rubbing off? Dang I hope some of that sticks. :o

Yup, sounds like T-Bone speak! :D

Only a couple more days til I hit the trail. Guess I ought to start getting stuff packed up more...but I gotta pace myself, don't want to be totally ready and still have a day to wait, gotta have something to fill the time...

King, you want me to bring anything from Colorado for ya? I'd suggest snow but it would melt...

AA

Yes Sir , we have 3 good ones on the possee , I ALMOST got last year clean , the shoot through got me , I was putting up the pistol , before I was done shooting :lol: .

I know some of the guys , there is not much chance of me being in the top 15 , BUT , I am going to have FUN

IS IT TIME TO PLAY , YET ?

CB

Well, got the ammo, cart box, leather and extra leather, vest, etc loaded in crates ready to load in the buckboard.

And found a portable easel and white board to keep track of top man and lady on the chapel stage. Hey Bone, you have tables for that stage? I might be able to bring one, maybe, but I figure we'll need several.

Still need to lay my hands on a couple big plastic jars or jugs, one for donations, and one for drawing entries. Anyone have a couple they can bring along? Otherwise I guess I could buy a couple jugs of cheese balls and empty them out...

Still need to lay my hands on a couple big plastic jars or jugs, one for donations, and one for drawing entries. Anyone have a couple they can bring along? Otherwise I guess I could buy a couple jugs of cheese balls and empty them out...

This is the answer :rolleyes: .. buy what ya need like bigs jars of cheeseballs and empty them out.. :lol: Takes care of one meal to.. well kinda :blush: ...

Rance <_<

OK, got the media player loaded on the laptop, copied over last years vids and pics, vids run fine there with no sync problems. Now I'm burning a CD with the vids for T-Bone, then I'll burn one with pics.

Watched some of the vids from last year in testing, Miz Grizz watched over my shoulder as Phantom shot stage 5, Don't mess with Texas, and she said "that has got to be sped up" Nope says I, he is just that fast, "that can't be good for the guns" she says, Just fine, guns are tuned to run like that.

:D

Well, Bordertown is in the history books. Looks like a small convoy will be heading out after the awards either tonight or tomorrow. Lady T and I will be heading East on Monday and should arrive Tuesday evening. Got the Crown ready and looking forward to judging the parking lot wars. See everyone in a few days. Safe travels

Lacey and I got the stagecoach packed and loaded up this mornin'...

She still got some packin' to do for herself though :mellow: She doesn't get in a big hurry..

I'm packed and loaded... Gotta pack the travelin' cooler yet...

I've got 1 more day of work.. then we're pullin' out.. headin' south

around 5 am. Tuesday morning..

Looking forward to our 1st. Comin' At Cha :) :)

Rance <_<

Thinkin' I need to get some gold fer the garage sale :rolleyes:

Wonder if they take Master Card :blink:

Looking at the forecast I guess I'd better throw the portable awning in the buckboard for the chapel stage. If anyone has ropes and stakes I might could use them if'n there's any wind...

It's 3:15 in the afternoon and I'm a headin'fer bed.

You heard me right. I've got one more grave shift to pull and then when I get home, I get to wait until about 10:30 in the morn before they have my 5th wheel hitch installed in the new truck. (I love :wub: my new truck ) Then I get to go and retrieve the camper and bring it home to load up with a weeks worth of cowboy clothes (only one change of underwear for the banquet ;) ) and everything else associated with a major match and a major cook-off. (Tenshot and I are on Doc Eels posse and cooking team.) We'll be making some durn good hushpuppies (I hope).

Got stuff for the yard sale ( some nice leather[cheap] and a whole lot of cowboy vests ).

This will be a break-in trip for both the camper and truck. Not a good sign as something always happens on the first road trip with a new rig. And in this case, it will be two new rigs.

Hope to be there late tomorrow night or early Tuesday morning.

See y'all soon.

Cascade (who just can't wait) Charlie

Hey Rowdy, mark the trail for us, we'll be leaving about the same time but from a bit farther way. I reckon we'll cut your trail some where around Wichita depending on how you go.

Will do Dave. We'll be heading due south from KC all the way to the ranch. Looking forward to the fun...

Archived