SASS Wire Forum

I'm here at comin at cha !

Grizzly Dave

Vendors showing up tonight and getting in place. Shooters have been on the range every day for the last 2 weeks. The place looks great and will look even better when all Y'all show up. Come on---it's time to get started. Wake up and lets open presents !!!! Wake up!!!! T-Bone

If there is no fog well be there 8am packed and ready to go

Joe Boy

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vendors showing up tonight and getting in place. Shooters have been on the range every day for the last 2 weeks. The place looks great and will look even better when all Y'all show up. Come on---it's time to get started. Wake up and lets open presents !!!! Wake up!!!! T-Bone

I just pictured you on Christmas morning.

Just wait until Pippa is alittle older. Then Christmas will be even more special.

Well I can't leave until Wednesday morning the 2d after I teach class, and it is a long haul from Wimberley, but I should be there around sunset Wednesday the night before the shooting starts on Thursday. My 1911 is runnin' hot and my 1897 is stoked for the Wild Bunch match on Thursday. All my Cowboy guns checked out this weekend, so we should be ready to rock when the buzzer goes off. This will be my second Comin' At Cha, and I am really looking forward to it.

Dave ,,we will hold you a VIP parking spot. Just follow the signs..

100 shooters are signed up for the warm up match,,, this little shoot is turning into an event....

CL,,,I sing Christmas songs year round.... Don't forget to call Cody and thank Him for fixing your Bolt. See Y'all Soon. T-Bone

Oh man! CL got her rifle fixed? Between that and the new purple chinks I don't have any chance of beating her! :(:D :D

Well, if'n I'm gotta get beat, might as well get beat by a pretty gal!

Holy cow, I'd best get busy packing, don't want to forget anything!

Grizz

Oh man! CL got her rifle fixed? Between that and the new purple chinks I don't have any chance of beating her! :(:D :D

Well, if'n I'm gotta get beat, might as well get beat by a pretty gal!

Holy cow, I'd best get busy packing, don't want to forget anything!

Grizz

If I don't quit eating ice cream for dinner my new chinks aren't gonna fit!

Dave ,,we will hold you a VIP parking spot. Just follow the signs..

100 shooters are signed up for the warm up match,,, this little shoot is turning into an event....

CL,,,I sing Christmas songs year round.... Don't forget to call Cody and thank Him for fixing your Bolt. See Y'all Soon. T-Bone

Thanks for getting my rifle fixed for me. You know I was stressing over it.

I will have a homemade pecan pie for you this weekend.

I'm Soooooo Tired already just gettin' ready and thinkin' about the whole thing :wacko:

Maybe I'll just stay Home :huh:

Now Jack, ya wouldn't want to do that. You'd make too many people happy! :lol: Sorry, I couldn't pass that one up! SEE YA THERE!

P.S. I guess you're still on to help with Grizz's video stage?

Now Jack, ya wouldn't want to do that. You'd make too many people happy! :lol: Sorry, I couldn't pass that one up! SEE YA THERE!

P.S. I guess you're still on to help with Grizz's video stage?

I need all the help I can get, both with the chapel fund raising stage, and just in general!

Well, our travel trailer is already there, so I guess we'll come on up. Will help Grizz on the video stage and maybe find a place in the shade (If it's Hot) or the Sun (If it's cold) to hang out and watch all y'all have fun.

TBone et.al.

The coach is packed, my huckleberry Lightning Will, is tucked away in bed so he'll be fully rested for our first long jaunt tomorrow.

Our plan is to make a steady pace from San Diego to Benson, AZ...hunker down for the night with the 18-wheelers and then spend the next two days working our way across New Mexico and Texas. I'll be busy dry practicing in the back of the rig while Will drives. I'll also be reviewing Rattlesnake Wranger's lessons on shaving off seconds, off his YouTube videos! Who in the heck decided it was okay to let these little stinkers play with us? LOL Thank God there's something called "categories" in SASS! We'll see you Saturday around noon.

We have stayed several nights in Benson at the truck stop ourselves....I'm going out to practice this morning.....Just a few more days then CAC 2011 will be over.. Plans for 2012 have already started in the war office...Keep Rattlesnake with his kind thoughts kids are just too dang fast... I enjoy watching them.... Drive safe. T-Bone

Shell Stuffer, Les Hitts and I are Really looking forward to our first visit to the Bar3. Stuffer and I are headed out Wednesday morning, and Les Hitts will be swingin' in via Colorado. Ready to see old friends and meet some new ones. :D Classic Cowboys need to get together for a group photo.

OK, Photobucket were I used to put my vids was being cantankerous, so I uploaded the 2010 Comin' at Cha vids to youtube. Every single one of them gave me an audio sync error. Never had that happen before. Maybe it was the way I saved them last year, I was just learning to do the vid thing back then.

Anyway,

to the youtube playlist. The audio is often out of sync, but hey, it's better than nothing.

Grizz

One week from today, at this time in the morning, I'll be somewhere down in Arkansas headed to Clarksville.

OOOOOPs. This is Thursday isn't it. I'll be there Thursday. Be rolling Wednesday.

One week from today I will be waking up in Clarksville, thinking about getting some breakfast and heading over to the Bar 3 for the garage sale and side matches.

But today, I'm in the office looking out the window at a winter wonderland. The morning sun on the snow covered mountains really lights them up.

Paintin' done...........................................Check

Guns cleaned.........................................Check

Screws checked and rechecked...............Check

Match ammo loaded................................Check

Spare ammo loaded.................................Check

Stagecoach.. serviced and checked out......Check

My clothes laid out ready to pack..............Check

Guncart checked out.................................Check

Stagecoach filled with gas.........................Check

Lacey's clothes laid out ready to pack..........Uh :blush: ... not quite there yet.. but no hurry :)

Rance <_<

Thinkin' We're gettin' there :blush:

Rance dang it. Now that ya mention it I might ought to warsh my cowboy'n shirt. I only gots one and only warsh it in the sprang time when I take my annual bath. But I reckon some of the gals might not want to give me a hug if'n I'm wearin a dirty shirt. Along that same line I reckon I might want to take a bath too, but the creek is startin to freeze and it's gonna be a dang cold 'un.

Rance dang it. Now that ya mention it I might ought to warsh my cowboy'n shirt. I only gots one and only warsh it in the sprang time when I take my annual bath. But I reckon some of the gals might not want to give me a hug if'n I'm wearin a dirty shirt. Along that same line I reckon I might want to take a bath too, but the creek is startin to freeze and it's gonna be a dang cold 'un.

Dang it Grizz..

Ya best be a gettin' yerself ready..

Just keep that ol' cowboy shirt on and maybe yer britches too...

Break a hole in the ice and jump in that ol' creek with a bar of Ivory soap.. it floats ya know...

Least it did years ago :blush:

Kinda take care of 2 chores in 1 :)

Rance <_<

Just too dang cold out! Guess I'll just go to town and pay for a hot bath and have someone warth my duds fer me.

Tick tock, the last couple of days in the office before a big shoot sure do drag...

OK, packing clothes to bring;

Thermal Long Johns..3

Thermal Socks..3 pairs!!

Thermal Underwear..3

Ushanka

Fur-lined Gloves..2

Heavy Fur-lined Leather Coat..1

Heavy Canvas Quilted lined Coat..1

Hand Warmers..2 dozen

Foot Warmers..2 dozen

Ammo Warmers..2 dozen

Ear Muffs..2

Silk Wild Rags...6

Pants..4

Shirts...4

Boots..4

Suspenders..3

Sweatsuits...4

that's about all I can get in the truck with all the wife's bringing!!

OK, packing clothes to bring;

Thermal Long Johns..3

Thermal Socks..3

Thermal Underwear..3

Ushanka

Fur-lined Gloves..2

Heavy Fur-lined Leather Coat..1

Heavy Canvas Quilted lined Coat..1

Hand Warmers..2 dozen

Foot Warmers..2 dozen

Ammo Warmers..2 dozen

Ear Muffs..2

Silk Wild Rags...6

Pants..4

Shirts...4

Boots..4

Suspenders..3

Sweatsuits...4

that's about all I can get in the truck with all the wife's bringing!!

Dang Jack.

Here's my list of cowboy gear

Shirt - 1, maybe 2 if that other fits which is doubtful

Pants - 1

Boots - 1

Vest - 1

Braces - 1

Hats - 7 or 8, well, half of them I'm bringing to sell...

No, wait, better make that 10, just thought of two more.

Guns

Ammo

Leather

Cart

Wool Poncho

If that won't do it, then I'll do without.

Archived