SASS Wire Forum

I'm here at comin at cha !

Grizzly Dave

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, one more day for Lady T and I, we are leaving on Saturday morning for CaC by way of Border Town. Thought we would take the short cut through Arizona and spend a few days in Tombstone then mosey over to T-Bones on Tuesday evening. Start enjoying the festivaties a little early

See everyone there.

Hey folks..

What's the weather expected to be like in yer neck of the woods fer Comin At Cha...

Lacey has looked at some of yer posted pictures and said..

"They're sitting around a campfire with winter coats on.."

I told her that doesn't mean anything.. We don't know when that picture was taken.. Might have been in the middle of winter...

But anyhow .. she's thinkin' of packin' parkas and winter clothes :wacko: . and I gotta pack all this stuff..

Enlighten me please on the expected weather :blush:

Rance <_<

Thinkin' of makin' the stagecoach lighter :)

Rance - I don't know what the forecast is this year, but I can tell you what I experienced last year...

Being from Colorado, my thermostat is set a bit lower than most Texans. They get accustomed to 100 degree plus weather in the summer, then the fall 60s and 70s come along and they are cold. To me, anything above mid 70s is HOT. But, with the humidity, the temperature variations seem more severe to me, but then again, I come from the high desert where 30+ % humidity is pretty humid.

Anyway, when the sun was out it was very comfortable for me with an undershirt and my long sleeve shooting shirt. I was on the morning shift the second day and there was a touch of frost on the ground and I was happy that I"d brought my wool Poncho to wear until the sun really got good and up.

So, it all depends on your tolerance and preference. If I had a mid weight and a heavy weight jacket, I'd probably bring them along if I was you. Also bring rain gear just in case.

Hope that helps.

Grizz

Yee Haw, starting to feel like it's almost time! Pick up the rental buckboard in 10 days and hit the trail in 11.

I'm thinkin I'd best start getting ready!

For those that don't get over to the Saloon (ACS) CL started a thread over there for a Comin' at Cha theme song check it out and add your own!

Grizz

Hey folks..

What's the weather expected to be like in yer neck of the woods fer Comin At Cha...

Lacey has looked at some of yer posted pictures and said..

"They're sitting around a campfire with winter coats on.."

I told her that doesn't mean anything.. We don't know when that picture was taken.. Might have been in the middle of winter...

But anyhow .. she's thinkin' of packin' parkas and winter clothes :wacko: . and I gotta pack all this stuff..

Enlighten me please on the expected weather :blush:

Rance <_<

Thinkin' of makin' the stagecoach lighter :)

Bring everything!!! We have had 105 degrees, 28 degrees with 30mph winds, a Hurricane, rain, you never know what will happen at The Bar 3! BUT, this year will be BEAUTIFUL! BE PREPARED!!!

Bring everything!!! We have had 105 degrees, 28 degrees with 30mph winds, a Hurricane, rain, you never know what will happen at The Bar 3! BUT, this year will be BEAUTIFUL! BE PREPARED!!!

Dang.. Stagecoach just got heavier :blush:

Rance <_<

What's a couple of coats Rance? Besides, figure you'll be lighter on the way back since you'll be leaving a bunch of lead at the range!

I need to start rounding up my stuff for the sell and swap day, don't want to forget anything!

What's a couple of coats Rance? Besides, figure you'll be lighter on the way back since you'll be leaving a bunch of lead at the range!

Couple of coats OK :)

I'll bring my duster fer me..

Rance <_<

Edit... we'll bring some coats :)

I ain't that big a dummy :wacko:

I Never go to a big match without a Raincoat. If I forget it it'll rain for sure!! If it's Fall or Winter time Always take a coat and long johns and gloves! If you don't need them you don't need them! But if you don't take them :unsure:

I'm so excited....I could split my britches! The stage coach from California is polished and ready for the four-day trek across the Butterfield Overland stage coach trail! We're packing as we speak.

Not knowing anyone brave enough from California to join us...we're assuming we'll be the only couple to represent this 48th state that joined this great nation not too long ago! We have only three sleeps before the coach heads out of Alpine this coming Wednesday morning, travelling over the Cleveland National Forest and down into the Anza-Borrego Desert. We'll then meet up with the "Butterfield Overland Mail Route" and follow the tracks on into Arizona, New Mexico and Indian Territory!

The following morning, we'll begin our trek across the mighty state of Texas and hope to reach Dallas by Friday night, weather permitin'. We expect little fanfare as we doubt there's little knowledge of our plans to arrive. But come Saturday morning when we arrive at the Badlands Bar 3 Range ...do tell... we'll surely be greeted by the most famous gang of all ....THE DOOLEY GANG!

Lightning Will and I will be wearing gang colors on our sleeves, assuring no one mistakes us for tax collectors or modern Robin Hoods, stealing from the rich and givin' to the poor. We're respectuful through and through, of hard workin' folks and the truly great TBone Dooley and his famous shootin' friends from across the great nation of the US of A! We plan to represent our little state of California with honor and hope no one takes offense to our misguided governor.

TBone....we'll be bringing you a gift as a token of our friendship and appreciation for all you do to make life fun. We've danced and sung in our PJs with you for the past several years in Sin City and we're now anxious to see how you party at home! Bring it on Baby!!! Happy Birthday to the great state of Texas!

I'm so excited....I could split my britches! The stage coach from California is polished and ready for the four-day trek across the Butterfield Overland stage coach trail! We're packing as we speak.

Not knowing anyone brave enough from California to join us...we're assuming we'll be the only couple to represent this 48th state that joined this great nation not too long ago! We have only three sleeps before the coach heads out of Alpine this coming Wednesday morning, travelling over the Cleveland National Forest and down into the Anza-Borrego Desert. We'll then meet up with the "Butterfield Overland Mail Route" and follow the tracks on into Arizona, New Mexico and Indian Territory!

The following morning, we'll begin our trek across the mighty state of Texas and hope to reach Dallas by Friday night, weather permitin'. We expect little fanfare as we doubt there's little knowledge of our plans to arrive. But come Saturday morning when we arrive at the Badlands Bar 3 Range ...do tell... we'll surely be greeted by the most famous gang of all ....THE DOOLEY GANG!

Lightning Will and I will be wearing gang colors on our sleeves, assuring no one mistakes us for tax collectors or modern Robin Hoods, stealing from the rich and givin' to the poor. We're respectuful through and through, of hard workin' folks and the truly great TBone Dooley and his famous shootin' friends from across the great nation of the US of A! We plan to represent our little state of California with honor and hope no one takes offense to our misguided governor.

TBone....we'll be bringing you a gift as a token of our friendship and appreciation for all you do to make life fun. We've danced and sung in our PJs with you for the past several years in Sin City and we're now anxious to see how you party at home! Bring it on Baby!!! Happy Birthday to the great state of Texas!

Well Lil, let me be the first to welcome y'all to the Bar 3 and possibly the best time y'all will ever have at a little ole shoot! Lookin forward to meetin you and Lightning Will in a few days. My wife Fannie Kicker and I will be there when y'all pull in so we'll be lookin for ya. Oh, and when ya pull in at the ranch, make sure ya use the VIP Entrance! ;)

See ya soon

Titus A. Gnatsass

I'm looking forward to meeting you.

Being a California girl myself I will warn you.....

there is just something about Texas

you may not want to leave!

Wow,, Lil that was the best post or travel story I have ever read. Your trip sounds so exciting and fun. Y'all be careful and travel with the speed of a 45 long colt. That way you can't break the speed limit.

Rance,,It's Nov. in Texas and weather could be anything. We have had rain twice this year on the Ranch both times within the last month, this morning we woke up to a heavy dew.

Make sure you use the VIP entrance at the range... signs will be up everywhere.....

Upon arrival to the Ranch parking attendants [ Free at Last and Cripple Creek Jake} will greet you and help you get your camper to a nice slot, bring a few extra leveling pads this year , the ground is very uneven dew to the drought.

Got to go put out trash cans, signs and picnic tables.. "Then I'm Done" D.U.N. done!!!!!... T-Bone

Comin at Cha is only about 42 17 days away!

YeeHaw, I can't wait!

HEADED THAT WAY IN THE am WEATHER MAN SAYS FOG WANTED TO LEAVE ABOUT 2AM THAT WAY COULD BE AT BAR3 ABOUT 7 OR 8 AM WELL JUST HAVE TO SEE IF THE WEATHER MAN IS CORRECT .

TOO ALL OF YOU WHO ARE GOING TO CAC THIS YEAR MY WIFE AND I HAVE A HOME IN CLARKSVILLE TEXAS(ABOUT 15 MIN. FROM THE RANGE) IF YOU NEED A PLACE TO CLEAN UP, WASH YOUR DUDS OR JUST RELAX.

YOU ARE WELCOME

T-BONE HAS MY PHONE NUMBER

JOE BOY

Lil. The first one to meet you will probably be Dog Dooley. He owns the place.

He just lets T-Bone live there.

Look forward to meeting you. And if you want to dance in your PJ's. Look forward to seeing that also. :o

HEADED THAT WAY IN THE am WEATHER MAN SAYS FOG WANTED TO LEAVE ABOUT 2AM THAT WAY COULD BE AT BAR3 ABOUT 7 OR 8 AM WELL JUST HAVE TO SEE IF THE WEATHER MAN IS CORRECT .

TOO ALL OF YOU WHO ARE GOING TO CAC THIS YEAR MY WIFE AND I HAVE A HOME IN CLARKSVILLE TEXAS(ABOUT 15 MIN. FROM THE RANGE) IF YOU NEED A PLACE TO CLEAN UP, WASH YOUR DUDS OR JUST RELAX.

YOU ARE WELCOME

T-BONE HAS MY PHONE NUMBER

JOE BOY

Now this is the "Cowboy Way"

Look forward to meeting ya Joe Boy!

Let me tell you about the first time we ever shot at the Bar 3.

As we were unloading the gun cart, Dog Dooley walks over to greet us...

promptly lifts his leg and pees on our ice chest

"just in case you were wondering I own this place and everything on it!"

Let me tell you about the first time we ever shot at the Bar 3.

As we were unloading the gun cart, Dog Dooley walks over to greet us...

promptly lifts his leg and pees on our ice chest

"just in case you were wondering I own this place and everything on it!"

And don't you forget it, either! :P

Well I had to make the decision not to make it this year after all. Son got married last weekend and sister in laws house burnt at same time kinda made the decision for me. Gotta take care of family this time.

See ya'll next year. Maybe I can do the Triple Crown next time round.

So there's an opening for Comin' AtCha and a room at the Best Western is open.

I had my heart set on meeting some nice folks!

Rev Willy Dunkum

Vendors showing up tonight and getting in place. Shooters have been on the range every day for the last 2 weeks. The place looks great and will look even better when all Y'all show up. Come on---it's time to get started. Wake up and lets open presents !!!! Wake up!!!! T-Bone

Archived