SASS Wire Forum

Video - Shooting the 1851 Navy Revolver

My first handgun was a brass framed 1851 Navy revolver that I got in 1972 when I was 17 years old. I loved that gun and I literally wore it out shooting it with heavy loads.

I've had a lot of Navy revolvers since then, and they have a real place in my heart. So I hope you enjoy this video.

And on an Off-Topic note. I do a lot of videos on modern guns too, but I don't post them here. If you'd like to see them you can "Like" my writer's page on Facebook where I post updates, or go straight to my YouTube channel.

Mike's writer's page on Facebook

Mike's YouTube channel

Walmea, anybody would be faster than me. I only win against the camera because it is unarmed. :lol:

Well, based on the two votes recorded, the Starr will be next, followed by the 1860.

..no Ruger OA comparison ~ :( ...can't win 'em all I reckon :D

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Gunner. The only ROA I have is the Buntline. And they aren't making any more of them, so getting a T&E model from Ruger isn't possible.

But, if one drops into my lap I'll do the video. I promise.

Slowhand,

I'll do a Baby Dragoon video, as I said on CAS City, I don't have a .31 Remmie.

For C&Bs, here's the list in the order I expect to produce them:

Starr .44

Colt 1860 Army

Colt 1851 Navy .44 caliber

Colt Walker and Dragoon

LeMat

Baby Dragoon

Improving the Remington New Model Army

Now, some modern and some cowboy cartridge stuff may end up interfiled with the C&Bs, but that's my C&B list to get through.

Slowhand,

I'll do a Baby Dragoon video, as I said on CAS City, I don't have a .31 Remmie.

For C&Bs, here's the list in the order I expect to produce them:

Starr .44

Colt 1860 Army

Colt 1851 Navy .44 caliber

Colt Walker and Dragoon

LeMat

Baby Dragoon

Improving the Remington New Model Army

Now, some modern and some cowboy cartridge stuff may end up interfiled with the C&Bs, but that's my C&B list to get through.

Now you have my attention! :lol:

Love the vidoes!!!

Shot my 1851 Navy across the screens of my Chornograph using a .375 ball averaged 967 Fps. ,, Temp 50*,,, Alitude 3,483 ...

The speed is as clocked 12 feet from the muzzle and is the average of ten shots ...

Good smoke and the ball gets to target right quick ,,,, Heck I could get my shot of .003 slower than most SASS shooters at 75 yards and still kill them fast enough to disturb their aim ....

Jabez Cowboy

Great list BDM and do not rush it, when you run out what will we watch then? If you have not done the Henry rifle I am sure lots of smoke belchers would love that also. Of all my toggle links my Henry would be the last one I would let go. They are the prettiest of all rifles produced from the CW era forward but we will not get into the Pennsylvania and Tennessee styles!

Archived