SASS Wire Forum

Scores - All Shotgun Cowboy Match

Cliff Hanger #3720LR

Five Jacks,

As you could see "Twitchy's Saloon" lends itself very well to Blind Stage Fun.

I think a simple cardboard wall with a couple of legs would do nicely instead of tying up a canvas tarp to block seeing through the saloon. Then something by the sides of the building so you can't see down the sides.

Very glad you enjoyed yourself, Charlie and Ivory Jack!

I too, had a great time.

Great range and Cliff Hanger did a wonderful job setting up the match.

This was my second time. What fun.

I shot "Outlaw" meaning (for those of those who don't know) that you had to split the targets basically 50:50 between your '97 and your side-by-side, and one stage totally '97 and another totally sxs. AND one of those stage is the blind stage so you didn't know which shotgun would be better to use.

Each stage had between 16 and 20 shots and between 8-19 targets.

And thank you to the Lion's Club for the nice lunch too. (I owe ya $5, by the way)

Hey Dusty # 1 lunch was on me. Lion Norm wanted out of the house and had to be there at 5:00 P.M. anyway so I didn't have to pay him. SOOOO There was a free lunch '''once''' Hope you come back and see us and our range again soon second Sunday every month,. Five Jacks

Auntie Emmy and I had a Great Time

Your matches are NOT to be missed

Coffee

On the Scores link you will also find all the stage instructions and target setup.

Targets where;

Plates, knockdowns, ground knockdowns and a few clays on stands. I did not have any fliers this time nor rollers or jumpers. It was a simple target setup this time.

Stage two was all knockdowns and clays. Only way to not shoot the stage clean was to not have enough rounds to finish. The distance was from 15' to 80'.

Some stages were setup so the shooter moved back and forth on the firing line. Some were setup so the shooter, if they chose to, could move down range as needed. Some required moving down range to the next shooting position.

I like up loading the stages a month before the match. This way shooters can make up their mind if this is the type of match they want to shoot. I can guarantee that by the end of the match, you will be tired. Smiling is optional. :)

----------

Forgot to say.

Anyone wanting to use the stages I wrote and posted are welcome to them. It's all about having fun.

Archived