SASS Wire Forum

Lake Co. Fl Pistoleros Spaghetti Western Match

Buffalo Brady #24830Life

The Lake Co pistoleros really did a great job yesterday of hosting the annual multi-club match! Six clubs were drawn from all the local clubs to each construct a stage in hopes of winning the Golden Boot Award and they were just a heap of fun! Thanks again to Arcadia Outlaw, Sassy, Woody, Half Breed and all their group for taking the time to put this on. We had a spaghetti (western) lunch afterwards and that was terrific, also. Nothing like some tasty fare after a fun match! Congrats to the Fort White club for (again) winning the Golden Boot! Really like explosives and their 'exploding knockdowns' in that stage was a hoot. Fun match, great club to host the event, and lots of fun people. ;)

The Lake County Pistolero's :D appreciate all the clubs for participating :D ,all the club's did a geat job,it really had the feel of a Big Match ,what was kind of interesting even though there was no communication between clubs as far as stages go the stages were all completely unique.I personally liked all the stages and I'd like to have another crack at that "Texas Swinger" again.

Like Buffalo Brady said the food was great,I think everybody got thier money's worth.

AO

It was a really fun match. The Ft. White stage was a reflection of their monthly match. Kinda like a box of chocolates, "you never know what you are going to get". Always different, always fun, always a challenge. I liked every stage as well, lot's of different shooting procedures.

Very good job all the way around.

Congrats to AO and Dynamite Deed for taking Top Gun honors.

Boy Oh Boy, what a great match. Six completely different stages, all alot of fun. Thanks to Arcadia Outlaw and the Lake County Pistoleros for putting this one on. Congratulations to Fort White on the 3rd consecutive Golden Boot Award for the best stage.

A couple of notes;

John E Law........I never knew about your "other" life, maybe Texas isn't the place to look. :ph34r:

Fort White........I know this is Florida, but to get voted in 3 years running? Those coins on your stage looked suspiciously like the voter coins, coinsidence or conspiracy. :lol:

Deadly Sharpshooter........I owe ya a shell pard, thanks for the "loan". :P

A big thank you to the 4H Club for their help on the stages and the delicious spagetti dinner. :)

Sun

Next year I'll been down in Sept, Iwl be lukin forwert to taking part in what sounds like a heck of a match...

cheyenne

The Cowford Regulators have had an entry twice now and it's so much fun to write the stage for this invitational. Of course with Ft White holding their ground for 3 years it looks like the fix is in. Then again it's hard to vote against a stage where things explode.

It was a personal great time for me as I shot it clean!!! Ended up near the bottom in the stangings, but not being a fast shooter to begin with, Clean is just fine for me.

Sassy, Woodie, Arcadia, Halfbreed, Greta and all the rest were great. Special thanks to Halfbreed for helping me set up our stage early. That was a great help.

This idea works so well, I've stolen it to have a "Write your own stage" match this Nov. at Cowford. WW

AS always I had a great time, but the targets kept moving.....or, maybe the misses I got was just becaused, well, I missed! Anyway, my hats off to everyone who put in the hours to set up and organize that match. It's actually one of my favorites because of the fun-factor.

Hope it continues for a long time to come.

Dang It Dan

I had a great time as well. It was nice having my kids there together again, it was the first time since last March...

I am going to lower the horizontal board for the Texas Swinger to increase the window of time for hitting the target and decrease the window of time that it is hidden. Hopefully this will make more people able to successfully navigate the stage.

-Deadlee

I had a great time as well. It was nice having my kids there together again, it was the first time since last March...

I am going to lower the horizontal board for the Texas Swinger to increase the window of time for hitting the target and decrease the window of time that it is hidden. Hopefully this will make more people able to successfully navigate the stage.

-Deadlee

Excellent Deadlee, thanks. Waiting 4-5 seconds after my first 6 rounds felt like an eternity and really does throw off your timing. Still a fun stage and thanks for your efforts in bringing the target and the story was good too. (Thanks to John E. Law too!)

It's pretty cool shooting stages from 6 different clubs and not having to drive to all of them. On the other hand it makes me want to make the time to get to some of these matches I've never shot at.

Great effort all the way around and the LCP committee makes it all happen, thanks so much!!!

This was a REALLY fun match!

I got to meet a bunch of new pards from around the state of Florida and I got to shoot some interesting stages.

If you don't know what a Texas Swinger is

Check out the little dance I do between the first and second swing. I believe I was ready to explode waiting for it.

Deadlee: I think the timing of the TS is fine. It teaches patience. :lol:

Thanks for another great match.:excl:

Waimea (grateful Pard)

:FlagAm:

Archived