SASS Wire Forum

Gunsmoke 2011

Apache Hawk 60642

I got to shoot in Gunsmoke State Match in Morristown, MN.

Lawdy, it was a hoot ! Took 5th place !

Shout out to Blackwater,...Pard I'd ride with you anytime, anyplace !! B)

Blackwater is a good pard, one to ride the river with. I'm looking forward to seeing him again at Comin at Cha in November. He be quite a ways off his home range if'n he's up near you Hawk.

Congrats on yer shootin!

I think yer pullin out legs, looking at the shooter list, there was some high speed shooters, maybe you meant 5th in your category?

I see my pard Red Wing was there, I hope you had a chance to look over his wares and chat with him, he's a good feller.

Blackwater is a good pard, one to ride the river with. I'm looking forward to seeing him again at Comin at Cha in November. He be quite a ways off his home range if'n he's up near you Hawk.

Congrats on yer shootin!

Bout an hour and a half south of da ranch house. He will be at Comin' At Cha. Told me dat.

And he told me alot bout you, Grizz !! :blink:

Bout an hour and a half south of da ranch house. He will be at Comin' At Cha. Told me dat.

And he told me alot bout you, Grizz !! :blink:

Don't know what he could have told ya I haven't already, I'm as wide as I am tall, ugly as sin, and smell bad. Not much more to me!

I think yer pullin out legs, looking at the shooter list, there was some high speed shooters, maybe you meant 5th in your category?

I see my pard Red Wing was there, I hope you had a chance to look over his wares and chat with him, he's a good feller.

Of course, dat's what I meant !! :blink: Should have posted it differantly. :wacko:

Did some walkin' around da vendors tents. Saw alot of stuff. Can't remember what Red Wing was sellin'.

Don't know what he could have told ya I haven't already, I'm as wide as I am tall, ugly as sin, and smell bad. Not much more to me!

You hit da nail on da head, Grizz !!

Looking over the shooter list for Gunsmoke, there were a couple I've met, Blackwater, RedWing, Jimmy Spurs. Grannnie Annie was at CaC last year, but we never crossed pathes. Might be a couple more I didn't check closely. Looks like they've done alot with that range over the last year...looks that way from the pictures.

I figure with all the folks from Misery there, maybe Deja will decide to come down.

I'm staying closer to the range this year, in Clarksville I think it is, so should be able to attend the evening activities.

I'd love to stay at the range, hear that is the way to go, get to spend more time meeting and visiting with folks, but I just can't live without a hot shower in the morning and a reasonable sized good bed.

When I was in my 20s I lived in a camper shell on my pickup for about a year. Through one of the worst winters of the time. Parked it at one friends or anothers, ran an extension cord for a little electric heater, had a bunk built in across the back of the cab. I was working pretty much two full time jobs at the time, so it worked out OK. I could not do that today.

I got to shoot in Gunsmoke State Match in Morristown, MN.

Lawdy, it was a hoot ! Took 5th place !

Shout out to Blackwater,...Pard I'd ride with you anytime, anyplace !! B)

Glad to hear you had fun and did good!

Bucky

I'll respond to y'all in da AM.

Very tired toten all dem guns, breathin' dat Holy Black smoke......................

Good nite folks !

That's the one match I really regret not going to this year.

Drifter and the gang ALWAYS put on a top notch match and the range is looking terrfic!

Looking over the shooter list for Gunsmoke, there were a couple I've met, Blackwater, RedWing, Jimmy Spurs. Grannnie Annie was at CaC last year, but we never crossed pathes. Might be a couple more I didn't check closely. Looks like they've done alot with that range over the last year...looks that way from the pictures.

Grizz, Grannie Annie is a hoot !

Dis gal shoots about da best gunfighter I'd seen ! And she do it wif ease too !

Always quick wif a word of encourgement I might add.

Hey AH

BUT did ya have FUN ??

Blackwater is a good guy , Shot with him at CAC last year and AR state this year .

Hope to shoot with him and Grizz at CAC this year :)

CB

F-U-N, Dat's da 1stest thing i have after beenin' safe !! :lol:;)

Clothes, knives, screw knives, cowboy stuff. He's the feller that made those bear knives for me.

Yup, I looked around his tent. Srewknifes where a bit $$$, but dey had some nice stuff.

Grizz

If I get to go I will be on the range , Porbley have to use a tent and the pickup . If it is raining as normal I will put most of the stuff in the tent and sleep in the truck , good thing I have a camper on it . :lol:

CB

Yup......Dem pick-em -up beds are known to hold water from time to time. :mellow:

CB, wood truely be a shame to see dem guns rust...............really wood ! :blink:

I'd love to stay at the range, hear that is the way to go, get to spend more time meeting and visiting with folks, but I just can't live without a hot shower in the morning and a reasonable sized good bed.

When I was in my 20s I lived in a camper shell on my pickup for about a year. Through one of the worst winters of the time. Parked it at one friends or anothers, ran an extension cord for a little electric heater, had a bunk built in across the back of the cab. I was working pretty much two full time jobs at the time, so it worked out OK. I could not do that today.

Grizz, don't cha know dat aint da cowboy way of doin' things !? :lol: :lol:

Glad to hear you had fun and did good!

Bucky

Thank ya Bucky. Dat means alot to me. Thank ya very much.

Came in 5th place in Fronitersman Catagory.

That's the one match I really regret not going to this year.

Drifter and the gang ALWAYS put on a top notch match and the range is looking terrfic!

Yup and Drifter and his gang did it again dis year too !

Next time ya see him, ask him bout the opening ceromoney wif da 3 shotguns.

Just don't tell'em where you got da info !! :lol:;)B)

Now you know why I was in such hot water with Miz Grizz after I bought a screwknife AND a big belt knife!

Ya should have bought da screwknife one day and went back da next fer da big belt knife !! Dat why Miz Grizz would think ya had some smarts !!

I carry a real Ark. ToothPick fightin' knife in my left boot top and a real scalpin' knife my Great Grand Father gave me in my right boot top.

Both are razor too !! :wub: :wub:

AH

I may have to be wet , But the GUNS will be in the dry . I will make sure , they are well taken care of ,

You have to take care of the equiment , just like having critters , they come first .

CB

I am relived, and rejoycing CB !! :ph34r:

Had a great time with ol' 'Pache there! We do need to put together a "SALOON PARTY" at CAC! :FlagAm:

Archived