SASS Wire Forum

mold on slicker

Flinthills Dawg

ok folks im an idiot. apperently at one time we recieved some rain in kansas. i wore my slicker (go figure) and i apperently crumpled it up and throwed it on a catch all while it was wet,(i know dumb on my part) well now its moldy, HOW do i get the mold off? i dont think the wife would be happy ifin i tossed it in the laundry room for her.

spray it with a solution of vinegar

+1

What he said Vinegar is your friend you would be surprised what you can use vinegar for

+1 on vinegar. If ya have a little time, google it and look at all the uses vinegar is credited with. Amazing stuff.

Bodine

Yep, everything the pards have said is true about the vinegar. I did the same thing...only worse. It was raining like heck out at our place and I put on my slicker to do the evening chores. Apparently, after collecting the chickens' eggs, I inadvertently left an egg in one of the pockets of my slicker and forgot all about it. The slicker dried out, so I rolled the thing up and put it in the back seat of my pickup, where it remained for weeks. My wife made mention of a peculiar odor in the truck, but I didn't seem to notice too much. I just figured it was from my muck boots or something. Then one day, I got out my slicker and un-rolled it. Whew!!!! Just about passed out.

After flushing out the pocket with a power nozzle and digging out the crusted egg and shell, I used the vinegar to get off the mold. Little bit still seems to be there, but not bad. Only problem is with the egg and vinegar mix is that every so often I get cravings for a Caesar salad. :blink:

Archived