SASS Wire Forum

John Wayne's True Grit eyepatch..............

..........is being auctioned off!!!

http://entertainment.ha.com/c/item.zx?saleNo=7045&lotNo=44014

wow that's going for big bucks !

GOD BLESS THE USA !!!

I remember the back-story behind the eyepatch; he lost the eye at the Battle of Lone Jack, MO, and that is only 11 miles from my home-town. I went there a lot as a kid and later as a reenactor too. I wouldn't spend that kind of money for it! :wacko:

Bodine

Some folks sure value things differently than I do, maybe cuz I ain't got as much money as they do.

Would it be cool to have something that JW used? Yeah, I guess, but I'd rather have a gun, and yes I reckon I'd shoot the sucker.

I have to agree with ya Grizzes... People have the most value to me... patches and stuff they are cool and I do like to buy stuff.. but in the end I would sell my last eyepatche to help a loved one... just me.. Love of family and friends means the world to me..

Some folks sure value things differently than I do, maybe cuz I ain't got as much money as they do.

Would it be cool to have something that JW used? Yeah, I guess, but I'd rather have a gun, and yes I reckon I'd shoot the sucker.

Right there with ya Griz, but we'd have to mortgage the house again to pay for it!

BSD

It must be just me, but I keep recalling what my pappy tolt me when I was a squirt.

He sed "A FOOL AND HIS MONEY ARE SOON PARTED".

I dew believe he was correct.

JW said that if he had known putting on a eyepatch would win him an Oscar he would have done it sooner. Just think what wearing that eyepatch would do for your career. B)

JW said that if he had known putting on a eyepatch would win him an Oscar he would have done it sooner. Just think what wearing that eyepatch would do for your career. B)

What career?

I didn't know I had one.

Not sure that I even want one. :lol:

Archived