SASS Wire Forum

Snapped a picture of my '87 today.

Ketchum Quick, SASS #72923

I have this '87 that I got from Russ N Hound through the classifieds. I think that I am going to like shooting it. It is an IAC but it is still pretty cool.

I had Jim Downing engrave the receiver, Lassiter tuned it for dropping two and I cut the stock, added a recoil pad and fit the butt cover and wrapped the lever. I am done tinkering with it for now and hope to get to the range with it soon.

Just thought I would share.

http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff486/33jayman/IMAG0153-1-1.jpg

Ketchum (who mostly shoots a double) Quick

Just a question - does it fire with the lever closed? The reason I mention this is that my original '87 will not fire if the lever wrap slips around between the lever and the stock. It creates enough of a gap that the hammer mechanism will not engage. I have to make sure that the lever wrap has not slipped around the lever into this area.

Nice looking 87 !!!!!

Cool photo too!!!

Ya see that silver pin that holds the lever together.

As you use the 87, that pin can loosen up.One day at a BIG match, as you rack that baby, your hand will just akeepa going.

That Dang pin will never be seen again.

But a leather wrap over it...just a band that can be sewn together, will work.

Doesn't have to be part of the other wrap.

Just a suggestion!!

Welcome to the world of the coolest shotgun for SASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BH :D:D:D

Nice looking 87 !!!!!

Cool photo too!!!

Ya see that silver pin that holds the lever together.

As you use the 87, that pin can loosen up.One day at a BIG match, as you rack that baby, your hand will just akeepa going.

That Dang pin will never be seen again.

But a leather wrap over it...just a band that can be sewn together, will work.

Doesn't have to be part of the other wrap.

Just a suggestion!!

Welcome to the world of the coolest shotgun for SASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BH :D:D:D

I think Lassiter may have fixed that. I tried to get it apart and it wouldn't budge. I am thinking of having the lever welded up this winter and then reblued or color case hardened.

Sure is a slick operating number. I like it. :rolleyes:

KQ

Just a question - does it fire with the lever closed? The reason I mention this is that my original '87 will not fire if the lever wrap slips around between the lever and the stock. It creates enough of a gap that the hammer mechanism will not engage. I have to make sure that the lever wrap has not slipped around the lever into this area.

It does fire as you see it in the photo. Dry fired it with dummies last night about 120 times. :unsure:

KQ

Very neat! I shot Deuces once with BP and the action was soooooooooo smooth.....style points for sure.

I think you know about this but for those that don;t here is a vid made by the Deuce-a-matic feller himself on the '87:

http://www.youtube.com/user/deucestevens#p/u/22/8UhA4Rw0viI

GG ~ :FlagAm:

I think Lassiter may have fixed that. I tried to get it apart and it wouldn't budge. I am thinking of having the lever welded up this winter and then reblued or color case hardened.

Sure is a slick operating number. I like it. :rolleyes:

KQ

The spring where the lever hinges on mine broke earlier this year. Lassiter simply welded it giving me a one piece lever-it works great.

Great looking '87. I Hope to send one to Lassiter, what is his waiting time now days? Not that it matters that much, the gun does not work anyhows!

I called him up in July and asked him if he could do it between Guns of August and Range War. He penciled me in his busy calender and said that he would get it done. So I gave it too him at GoA and he delivered at RW. Didn't have to pay any shipping on it that way. Nice!!! ^_^

It shoots good. I had the resident hot dog give me some lessons at Range War on the finer points on getting four shots off quickly. Seems to be a pretty good way to burn through a box of shells.

I was on the phone last night with another cowboy, who shall be nameless, I told him about the '87 and that I was having fun with it. He seemed a little skeptical about me using one of these. Then I remembered watching a video of Fireball running one at the Florida State shoot a couple years ago and I had to smile. :rolleyes: The '87 can run great in the right hands... Only time will tell if my hands are up to the task.

KQ

Archived