SASS Wire Forum

Hey Mexican speakers

Utah Bob #35998

Donde esta El Medico or

Donde Esta El Doctora?

Which would be most correct?

Quick! I need to finish a chapter. :lol:

Please press 1 for english.

Here's the deal. A fella is desperate to get his shot up pard to a doc but there's not one in this small village so he asks a local for directions to the nearest one.

I know there must be some fluent speakers of Mexican Spanish here who can help me out. Doctora seems to be more akin to European Spanish but I'm not sure.

El Medico refers to anyone who happens to practice medicine whether it's the wise old woman out of town, or the vet or whatever... I think that's what you're looking for...

Vaya con Dios

Thanks guys. I'll go with Medico.

Y'all were just in the nick of time. Deputy Marshal Douglas was in bad shape. ;)

First, it ain't Mexican, it's Spanish. If you're looking for a male doctor, it's "Donde esta el Doctor?", in northern Mexico, or "Donde esta el Medico?" down Mexico City way. If it's a female sawbones you're looking for it's "donde esta la Doctora?" or "donde eata la Medico? respectively. Notice "medico" does not change for male/female genders. I'm tired now, I'm going to look for El Doctor..... :lol:

Well Pards I know only a few Mexican words !

TACO , BURRITOS . ENCHILADA !!!

GOD BLESS THE USA !!!

Well Pards I know only a few Mexican words !

TACO , BURRITOS . ENCHILADA !!!

GOD BLESS THE USA !!!

You forgot the most important ones....Uno Mas Cerveza freeo pour favour!! or sumpin' like that. Just sayin'

Big Jake

Big jake; that's "Un mas cerveza muy frio por favor." And as Meg said: "Donde esta su bano." (the 'n' in bano is supposed to have a tilde over it to pronounce it as "banyo")

No mas tequila!!! :wacko: OOOooohhh mi cabeza! Tengo dolor de cabeza muy grande!!

Bodine

So I need to care??? All I want to do is live, laugh, have fun.. work hard.. and enjoy my country and defend her if I need to... I do speak a BIT of french and lakota.. but I stopped doing it because of the current trend..

American is my country.. and my people and who I am.. My ancesters fought very hard to make her what she is.. End of story..

And then I said to myself, "You idiot. Why did you ask this in the Saloon?" :lol: :lol:

So I need to care??? All I want to do is live, laugh, have fun.. work hard.. and enjoy my country and defend her if I need to... I do speak a BIT of french and lakota.. but I stopped doing it because of the current trend..

American is my country.. and my people and who I am.. My ancesters fought very hard to make her what she is.. End of story..

No, you don't need to care. I was looking for assistance with some dialogue I'm writing that's all.

American is my country too, although my dad and grandad were born in Canadian.

As for speaking Canadian, I learned it at home, but no longer speak it because of the current trend.

Eh?

I wuz thinkin' the very same thing! Not the "idiot" part, of course.....

Feel free to. I belong to Idiots Anonymous. :lol:

At first I thought you were talking about speakers made in Mexico, then I thought silly me, EVERYTHING is made in China now. :lol:

Meg has most of the basics covered. The rest ain't fit for polite (and some not-so-polite) society!

They did help me thru my misspent youth in Uncle Sugar's Navy when we were deployed to the sunnier Southern climes. Remind me to tell ya about Peru, sometime. :o:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Yeah, mine got me through several weeks in Sunny El Salvador. Twice. ^_^ (It's not just a job, it's an adventure!)

Bodine

Archived