SASS Wire Forum

9-11

Red Logan #12252

I'm not a big fan of the First Family.

That said... I watched the clip a number of times. I would be very, very hesitant to promote this "legend" of what someone speculates she said. Her unheard words could have been quite benign or even supportive - and pushing the story as presented without proof is about on the level of the claims that Rudy Giuliani announced in advance that the towers were coming down. <_<

You don't have to like these people, but there's plenty of other things to offer criticism of without making stuff up - it only damages our own credibility. -_-

If she doesn't get it perhaps she should tell her husband to resign.

At least someone told him how to behave...... or did they.

Never been a fan of this first family. Send them back to Illinois where they came from.

Or perhaps he should go to kenya.

Good Lord. Lipreading?? Puleeeze. Now if a mike was on and she was overheard (a la Sen Inouye "Liar") then ya might have something. I think it would be real hard to distinguish between "just for a flag" and "wonderful flag" or a dozen other possibilities, even for a lip reader.

I'm afraid that some folks hatred of the Obamas overrides good sense sometimes.

:wacko: Give me a break.

http://wizbangblog.c...his-for-a-flag/

doesn;t surprise me....but to do it in public? ..... Hmmmmmmmm

If she said 'wonderful flag' why the headshake?? - confusing about its authenticity :(

GG ~ :FlagAm:

I was just using "wonderful flag" as an example. I'm sure there are hundreds of possibilities including the original theory.

But we have no idea. Why even speculate? Just to raise out blood pressure?

One of the benefits is "HE SAID, SHE SAID."

It is a two edge sword. It is getting so I don't trust anybody or anything any more. Not even what I say. I am just not trustworthy any more. I wish I could be more like Al Gore.

I think the first family leaves the door open to a lot of more concrete criticism than speculation like this.

Just think that at one time we Americans could do business on a handshake. :mellow:

Good Lord. Lipreading?? Puleeeze. Now if a mike was on and she was overheard (a la Sen Inouye "Liar") then ya might have something. I think it would be real hard to distinguish between "just for a flag" and "wonderful flag" or a dozen other possibilities, even for a lip reader.

I'm afraid that some folks hatred of the Obamas overrides good sense sometimes.

:wacko: Give me a break.

I concur. She could be saying almost an infinite number of things here, probably having nothing to do with the flag. There are plenty of legitimate reasons to dislike him or her, without fabricating controversy out of wholecloth.

There might be less division in this nation, despite our severe ideological differences, if we would stop arguing over things like this, "57 states", and other obvious slips of the tongue from both parties, as well as independents. Is "nukular" the proper pronunciation? No, but it is a common colloquialism, no more indicative of one's overall intelligence than "warsh" for example.

EDIT In fact, I think alot of people, talking heads in particular, deliberately focus on such trivialities in order to distract from far more important issues.

Archived