SASS Wire Forum

Breaking in them new Boots?

Denver Don

New Boot? - Break em in for a Custom Fit : Theres an old Easy Trick I Learned many moons ago to Break in a Pair of New Leather Boots: Take em to the tub fand fill em up wit warm water and let it soak in for a fw hours .... put on 2 pairs of thick socks then put on your boots ... yes they will be wet and your feet goona look like prunes when your done... but bear with me ... ya have to leave em on ... all day... you want them to dry while on your feet. dont take em off tooo early, as the Leather drys it will start to shrink and they will form fit right to your foot, no one else will be ever to wear em .... well it woldnt feel right if they did.... but this will cause them to fit you perfect and only yo! giving you a perfect and comfortable Custom fit.... This Works on real Leather Quality boots ... now if you try it on the plastic or imitation leather Its not gonna work right and most of them are glued together and would probably fall apart but if there the real deal! this is the way to go!

We would condition our new Civil War brogans the same way in my re-enacting days.

Go stand in a creek and then go on a 5 mile march. By day's end they'd fit perfectly and be as comfortable as a pair of slippers.

LOL but that was in the rice water !!

In the USA water they dry faster !! LOL

GOD BLESS THE USA !!!

Wet feet any way we cut it !!

Have a beer on me for your service !!

GOD BLESS THE USA !!!

Marine Corps boot camp - 1967-

Wet our boots while wearin them & wore them till dry--

Did'nt much care fer it-----------------

Yup. I just figgered everybody knew the wet boot technique.

Not the young whippersnappers I reckon. ;)

New Boot? - Break em in for a Custom Fit : Theres an old Easy Trick I Learned many moons ago to Break in a Pair of New Leather Boots: Take em to the tub fand fill em up wit warm water and let it soak in for a fw hours .... put on 2 pairs of thick socks then put on your boots ... yes they will be wet and your feet goona look like prunes when your done... but bear with me ... ya have to leave em on ... all day... you want them to dry while on your feet. dont take em off tooo early, as the Leather drys it will start to shrink and they will form fit right to your foot, no one else will be ever to wear em .... well it woldnt feel right if they did.... but this will cause them to fit you perfect and only yo! giving you a perfect and comfortable Custom fit.... This Works on real Leather Quality boots ... now if you try it on the plastic or imitation leather Its not gonna work right and most of them are glued together and would probably fall apart but if there the real deal! this is the way to go!

I use a spray bottle, alcohol and water... rubbing guys.. lol.. and put them on my feet... the only pair that did not work was a pair form Oak hill.. the soles are too thin so they hurt my feet.. considering a thicker sole.. or selling them.. I love boots, and mocs... wear mocs most of the time for my high arches... they are more comfortable to me... High boots pinch my ankles is why I dont wear them a lot... I have skinny feet, and skinny heels.. so boots slop around on me... but my toes are so long ... so mocs are the best...

The only problem with it is that most boots these days seem to have a plastic cap in the toe to hold the shape. I know from experience that THEY don't stretch when wet. I just had to get a new pair of boots stretched because of that.

Me, too! For the most part, I've found that I never really needed to stand in a tub of water. After a couple days out here of just wearing them around the place, they get plenty wet all by themselves. Usually, after about the second day, they fit perfectly! :P

Me, too! For the most part, I've found that I never really needed to stand in a tub of water. After a couple days out here of just wearing them around the place, they get plenty wet all by themselves. Usually, after about the second day, they fit perfectly! :P

I think you resized you feet.. lol

New Boot? - Break em in for a Custom Fit : Theres an old Easy Trick I Learned many moons ago <SNIP> this is the way to go!

Got a better trick myself - buy good boots that fit right . . Boots should not need breaking . . they should fit right

when you pay your money for them . . . or else you need to keep shopping to find the boots that fit correctly when you first

put them on.

We all learned that military process for trying to make a silk purse from a sow's ear - but if your paying your money for your

new boots - get ones that fit when you put them on the first time . . . .

Why spend money for boots that don't fit????

Shadow Catcher

Archived