SASS Wire Forum

Winter weather advisory tonight for my county...

Grizzly Dave

A few short weeks ago it was sweltering...

Welcome to Colorado, don't like the weather? Wait a few minutes, it WILL change.

Grizz

So, can I get a pickup load of snow shipped over here to fill in someones yard some night? Can you imaginethe surprise.. .. lol

Welcome to Colorado, don't like the weather? Wait a few minutes, it WILL change.

Grizz

I remember being at the Flee market in Denver and it was a Nice Sunny Day

ummm I believe it was late Aug... or early sept. and we where lookin around

and it started to sprinkle a bit .... then it stopped and sunny then a lite hail

I ran up under a big umbrella by this fellers booth and he said the same thing,

I kind of chuckled and looked around ..... then it stopped and i walked off.....

then it began to snow ... then the sun .... i was like what the heck ....

i thought it was just a saying but out in Colorado when they say wait a few min ....

they really mean it!

Grizz

Speaking of Colorado Grizz .... I was meanin ta tell ya ... efen i didnt allready

heck my memory here latley been gettin a little foggy ... must be the weather :)

but anyway i was trying to work out a deal on some property out there by Georgetown,

up on a hill. bout a mile or so south of George town .... efen i get it

you could go check it out and if ya want a place to set up camp some time you would be

more than welcome ta use it ..... about 5 acres .... all bare a few rocks a gold mine,

maybe a tunble weed or 2 .... nuttin much there but wildlife and fresh air. should know

if i'm gonna get it before the end of the month ......

As long as the white stuff stays up there at 8,000 ft and above, I'm happy.

Cool and rainy here. Time to whip up some buttermilk biscuits.

Rain most of the night but no snow down on the flats where I live.

Denver Don, thanks for the offer, my family has 13 acres and a small cabin we built when I was in my early teens up near Allenspark. Now it's not a cabin by today's standards, no electricity, no indoor plumbing, you need to 'go' you walk down the path to the outhouse, you need water you walk up the path to the hand pump. You want heat, there is a wood stove, and kerosene lamps for light at night.

My favorite Colorado weather memory is watching it snow out of a clear blue sky.

I think we got some of your weather here, Grizz. Was close to 100 a week ago, right now it's 52. That's ok though, I like fall (except for leaf pick up). I think fall in your neck of the woods looks awesome when the the aspens are turning gold.

If ya need to complain about snow however (and maybe you don't), that falls on deaf ears here. I'll be needing a bunch for skiing when we head to Leadville around Christmas. After the trip though, I'm all ears and will be complaining along with everyone else. :lol:

Generally snow don't bother me.

In don't like it when it comes down in feet instead of inches.

In don't like it when it comes down in feet instead of inches.

That can be bothersome, but that doesn't happen very often down in the flats around here. Now down at the Lazy Bob ranch, I wouldn't know...

Archived